Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberation of Greece

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Liberation of Greece

@ReD_OcToBeR : Yep, they are besieging me. And I have to resist them with pathetic doryphoroi and thureophorois that are nearly useless against their phalanx. And then I need to rely on Spartans and Athenians most... Sad, but what else can I do?

@TM Is Back : It's quite tedious to spoiler it when there is a center BB Code in it.

Nazgűl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Cool mate. Keep it up
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Kallum's Avatar I win, you lose!
    Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

I really like your AAR aster good show, but I could you please decide where you are going to place your pics? placing the pics in the centre, right, centre, right makes your AAR looks like a little bit strange
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began
    Author of the Basileia ton Romaion Series book 1, 2, 3
    The work has been done, the trilogy is completed or has it?

Kátz's Avatar Senator

@Kallum, or now Basileios Zacharias : Hmm? I think all of non-battle (the battle pics are the max forum resolution a.k.a 800 width) my pics are centered. Unless I have forgotten to resize one of the pictures. Where are exactly those? I'll try to fix it.

Thanks guys for the kind and warm comments.

Somewhere behind a desk, following the world from behind the save glowing screen that is my desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    @Kallum, or now Basileios Zacharias : Hmm?
    jup changed my name anyway that's a good idea actually to keep things organised didn thought of that
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

Good AAR. Nice work on screenshot's angles. Nothing new tbh, tho.

As for screenshot size, I see no problem with side scrolling? My screen is 15.4" wide, and I didn't have to do any sideways scrolling. If you got a smaller screen than mine, then you need to upgrade...

I like the screen of the enemy general fleeing for his life. Makes me wonder if it's possible to make a cowaring general animation.

Nice update Aster.

Following

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Thank you for the comments everybody. It's good to see my new experiment has been a success more than what I have planned for since the beginning.

In the next update, I will not describe about battles for now. I will proceed with a bit of interludes. Along with some introductions to the captains. And the preparation to go to the east. I know it's a bit off like you might think. But trust me, only the outer parts will be covered.

Stay tuned.

@ Aster==you know, that's a great way to present your AAR; lively dialog it has. A dry, monolog narration that's so boring it has not. I like your style, kid. Continue this, and maybe your AAR could end up as the plot of a great movie or TV show yet! Hawooh.

Kátz's Avatar Senator

This is more of an interlude.

Chapter 3 : An Aid from a Friend

It is evening as the soldiers prepared themselves for the upcoming battle by training as hard as they can. The sound of the spears hitting the dummies coupled by shouts and wails by the soldiers have made themselves cheer throughout this session. Although lacking in numbers, the Greeks are prepared for everything the Macedonians have prepared.

"Good, good, exactly what I had wanted." I nodded as my friend Pelleas says to himself.

I monitored the fields as the fields become rather quiet, too quiet. But not until there is a shout by the town guards.

"My lord, Patras have sent us their aid!" The town guard speaks to me as I head through the gate once more.

"The men of Patras have sent their aid for us? This is a miracle!" I cheered up along with my men as Patras is rather known for being stingy in terms of military and I had never seen that they would volunteer to send some of their men for us. Let alone their resources.

We are desperate, and the reinforcements have only done to reinvigorate the spirit of our men. Here they are!

Don't point your javelins at me!

They have prepared their javelins, I think I can trust them for the time being. Still, we cannot incorporate them into the main body of our army. Pelleas had seen not the trust inside of them. He still sees this as Patras' attempt to assasinate and sabotage our army.

"Who sent you here?" He shouts to them, in disrespect for their honest attempt.

"It was Acrotatus of Sparta." The leader of the Thureophoroi, Aclepiades, speaks as he was rather afraid of his tone.

"Him? Why?" He is confused, as he didn't expect it was a gift from his friend. To watch him carefully. . .

Nearby the town square, The Cretans have soldiered themselves as they shoot arrows in the speed of a lightning. A loud noise can be heard as they struck the targets hard.

They are rather scary. . .

I see to them and they are extremely prepared for the upcoming siege. As proud defenders of Crete sent to aid us during dire times. We had felt grateful for this aid. Cleitos, their commander. Had asked his fellow comrades for respect. It is undoubted anymore that they are our loyalists. Perfect for our team.

The Athenians saw the town of Sparta as a town worth a rivalry against. Although it was a rivalry, as people with the same goal and target. They have strived to achieve their dreams together and shoulder to shoulder. They have become what is feared by Macedon, True Allies.

Those shields are damn shiny!

Hiero, the commander of the Athenian Hoplites. Had made sure they have trained hard for the upcoming battles. It is not anytime that they would let their guard down. If joined with Sparta, they are unstoppable together!

Meanwhile, the Spartans had trained in the most honourable places of all. Where the ray of the Sun is at it's best. Where it is nearly impossible to stay calm. It is under the flag of Greece itself. As the vanguard of our army, they bear their position with honour and respect.

Leonidas, however. Has his heart shaking in fear as he was rather afraid that he would be killed after the last battle. Pelleas watched by his boots is shaking hard. However, instead of drawing sword to kill him. He touched his shoulder. Reassuring him that he would be safe. After this, he is as loyal as a true Spartan can be.

It is good, we can no longer fear the Macedonian Army!

@wumpus : Thank you, it's good to see new faces around here .

continue?
    Carl von Dobeln's son
    How it all began

Primicerius

Please do. Its still going great.

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Teaser of the upcoming update (forgive the lack of pics, I was lazy to upload it for now and the story is not filling up as much yet) :

Chapter 4 : The Old Face

I remember those days. . . those days when Gyras is with me along with Acrotatus. While Acrotatus does not recognize me over the years for obvious reasons, Gyras is different. He is essentially cold in mind, and does not bother with the problems of the Japanese Dojo Training Site that we went together to train. He does not think about others. .. than himself. Perhaps, but he is our good friend since those times.

Ah. .to think those times are still here. . . It is such a sweet memory to remember. Perhaps, perhaps not. But not these are dire times where friendship may not place their marks on our hearts. The siege is very soon. . . I know it, he is looking for us. Aclepiades runs back to us, with the word 'fear' placed on the expression of his face. He bears us an alarming news. .. they have marched to us!

March of the Macedonians.

How dare they raze our outskirts!

Adding to the fear, the outskirts of our town have been razed! I felt in my heart the grief and sorrow the living must face to see the deared go away from the Earth. Gyras. . you have changed. Since the day you are known to be the heir to the Macedonian Throne. I will change you back to the you we love then.

Soon!

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

More more

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Why did you guys not voted for me in the MAARC? But I'm proud and happy to enter fourth. Anyways, to battle! But later. . . after this one!

Chapter 5A : The Twisting Life

Gyras is one of my long-time friends since my childhood. That until the day he was found out to be the heir to the Macedonian throne. You are good and kind to us. . . until that day. . .

"I'm sorry, but we must part ways. Timo and Acro." He speaks in sadness as he draws a heavy breath.
    "But we promised to stay together forever!" We speak towards each other
    "Are you guys gay or what? I'm sorry, even if we are close friends. Status prevents me from knowing you too much. You must leave right now! The Macedonians are outlawing you!"

We escaped by a boat. Seeing the lonely face of Gyras, stumbled upon the darkness inside his heart. And Acro left to Sparta to seek more trainers to train with. While I. . . returned to Corinth once more. Embracing myself with poverty and slavery by the Macedonians, whom have caught the Corinthian by surprised and took our town by force.

Until then, Acro comes and took the town back to its rightful state once more. Sadly, he has forgotten my face. But not to Gyras, by rumours he is intent to leave Corinth to take up arms once more. Would it be for his personal goals? Or is there something he wanted to talk with Gyras? Only the ones in heaven knows.

Upon the prebattle, we are aided by a surplus amount of volunteers preparing to die for us. I do not like wasting people's lives unnecesarilly, but times are demanding and we muster every soldier we must. Soldiered with basic training and equipments. They seem over-eager to plunge into the hearts of chaos. Preparing to fight for Greece. But these people are no match against the hardened veterans of both sides.

During the night, when everyone is asleep. I can't think more than the thought of meeting Gyras once more. And then, a scout enters. I asked his name, he is called as Iolaos. His affinity is of Macedonian. But I feel I can trust him, somehow. What he spoke was astonishing to me. Gyras is arranging a personal meeting with me. But he is Gyras, the heir to the Macedonian throne. Can I trust him anymore?

"Hiero, come with me!" I shouted, one of my most trusted captains. He will be handy when it comes to that should Gyras attempt to assasinate me.

And so we march through dark forests, the owls are chirping aloud and the trees' leaves move about, as if they are greeting us warmly. Now I meet Gyras, he talked in a most absurd way.

"Please, I want to avoid bloodshed. I want to be friends again with you and Acro. I must undertake a mission to take Greece over for the sake of Macedonia. Can you lend your towns to me? Not lend, but give. Do not worry, we will treat you kindly."

"Are you kidding? No way I ever allow Greece to be taken from their rightful owners, you can ask me a million times. But I'll never allow you to do so! Man, you are a freak!"

"Then so be it, we will meet in battle tomorrow."

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Chapter 5B : The Conflicting Hearts

Now.. . battle day.

Sally forth!

The first march will begin with the march of the Cretan, Spartans and my own personal bodyguards. I have ordered Pelleas to stay behind just in case something bad happened. Our destination is the hill, so we can earn a complete and breathtaking view of the battlefield. That allows to scout and shoot the enemy troops.

Let's go.

I have reached the hills faster than others. Obviously, because we are mounted with our horses. I took a view on the Macedonian front, it appears he is rash, for his scouts are soon to die by our hands! Perhaps he laid a trap on preparation? Or perhaps he did this on purpose? I may not know it.

While uphill, I see 4 units. They are mostly ranged units in preparation for a skirmish. Turns out he is better than I thought. He prepared some Thureophoroi and cavalry in case things have gone for the worse. I will need the Cretans and Spartans to divert their attention long enough so I harass their archers and skirmishers.

See them.

The Cretans have taken up their position. They are prepared to fire their arrows at them! And soon, the Macedonians face the fearful barrage. And even their archers only tried to dodge them. Leaving the Akontistai to fend for themselves.

And so I have found out, they are retreating back into their own lines. Cowardly using the Akontistai as a shield. But no matter, the Cretans will shoot them in hopes to reduce their firepower while I just do the slaughter part to the Akontistai.

Are they archers or just a scam?

I marched to destroy the Akontistai squad alongside my own personal bodyguards. It appears they are too late to return back to their lines. As their legs are now desperate to walk any further as they are now tired after several unsuccessful skirmish attempts. They are cut down by us personally.

But now, to catch the archers would be pointless and called a suicide. March back, my bodyguards. Let the Cretans handle their job against their rivals.

As we realized we are being surrounded by the Macedonians, the Spartans. Captained by Leonidas volunteered to guard our read while we call in the volunteers to march. With their 300 style, they bravely defend themselves from the massive number of Macedonian Hoplites thrown at them.

THIS IS SPARTA!

Call the volunteers, we are going to settle this now, Gyras. It may not be the last, but it is fate perhaps that we meet as enemies.

Much to my surprise, the volunteers are fighting fiercely. But I am worried, can they hold the line for long enough, they are not seasoned veterans or anything and they are only equipped with basic equipments. Can they hold out for long enough?

It goes just as I predicted, they cannot hold the lines against the army of Macedon. Now we are outnumbered heavily, and only the Spartans, Athenians and the Cretans are reliable enough to continue the battle. The Patrasians proved to be useless too.

"But we won't give up." Hiero whispered silently to his comrades, signing their attack to the remnants of the voluntary army. As soon as the distress signal reaches them, the volunteers once again pick their weapons to dish out murder once more.

This place is ours, and we are not going to give it to you!

We routed the tired Macedonians using the reserve force, and the Macedonians sounded their retreat. But they are still persistent on besieging us. And so the battle ends in a draw. . ..

The Volunteers are disappointed at our enemies, they have just ignited and then the enemies routed. . . They are utterly disappointed by the poor performance of the enemies. While I myself am disappointed with the volunteer who know nothing else than war.

Gyras, so the showdown is not today. We will do it another day, another time.

Author's Note : The next part is going to be epic.

Pretty cool! Could we get a strategic map, maybe?

Primicerius

I second the strategic map request. And you're still going great Aster, please continue.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

how battle can be draw?

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast