Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Liberation of Greece

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Default Liberation of Greece

Introduction

Hi guys, I will be playing XGM v5.8.21 using the 1hp system. Playing as Greece (as the title says) working on to liberate Greece. But actually it may not get so short. There's much more planned. It's only a matter whether I can do it and still have my interest until that time or not. Settings on H/H. With fatigue on, faster movement and no landbridges. Let's start this up. Although when I want some feelings that can sometimes make myself wept, I'm better in comedies.

The Story of Acrotatus of Sparta

Greetings, fellow Spartans! My name is Acrotatus, son of Sparta. I will liberate Greece from the vicious Macedonians! They will feel the wrath of Spartans today! But first, I will begin my plan. We will besiege Corinth, in hopes we lure out their northern allies. Corinth is important to bolster our now crippled economy. It will save us from a humiliating destruction. Today Athens will not send out her help for us and we must fight with all we got. It is sad, isn't it, that our allies cannot help us in such dire times......

We will besiege and take Corinth.

I have expected it, the Macedonians cannot bear that her allies to struggle. They have sent people to aid the ailing. Fools.... they do not know the wrath of Sparta! No matter how many they throw against us, we shall prevail! Shortly thereafter, they approached us, it seems that Athens have followed our plans. They have been lured from the lairs, it will only be the time we shall destroy them. Be they sons of Alexander of not, they are the same in our eyes.

Damasos, while strikingly has his talent, is too naive to sally forth against his allies. his bureaucratic abilities are absurd at best. I bet his tutor does not teach him well. Mainly because we have people better at management everywhere! The Antigonid is not safe from the arrows of Crete, and the spears of Sparta! Despite having his so-called talent, he is a fool at best.

A breathtaking view of the battlefield.

The fool has not decided the correct to sally forth against us. The hill shall work into our advantage, do they know about geography at all? I have sent my scout to look over at the enemies, it seems that they are fully confident at victory. Fools, they do not know us well. They will learn to regret ever being confident at us. For we will never give up until die!

Meanwhile, their archers and peltasts brings dire threat into our army. Their arrows are quite deadly, despite being outclassed by our loyal Cretans. And furthermore, their peltasts have proved their worth more than once against our armies. Resulting in our defeats, and pushing us back into a corner. It would be prudent for myself to harass them for a while.

Prepare to harass them.

I didn't suspect they are marching so fast, it seems like they are rushing. While I myself do not know what their motives are, what we can do is only sending our Thureophoroi to rain them their javelins. With this we hope to demoralize them, even by a slight bit.

Fire!

He is quite smart, he sent one of his hoplite units against us, Bah, it does not make a difference if they die for nothing. Have they not known the power of our mercenaries, grizzled in the hot fields of the east? Although I may brag about it, it appears our Thureophoroi are struggling against them. Things may not be very good for us if this continues. . . .

The Thureophoroi are struggling against them.

In the meantime, we sent our hoplite unit to hold the main army at bay. I fear they may be shortlived. But never fear, if you die bravely. You will not regret your death, you are the stepping stone to this victory.

They seem to fret after a moment, I guess I can only rely on my fellow Spartans after all. Overwhelmed by the countless amount of Macedonians ranging from hoplites, peltasts to their own Thureophoroi they are scared. Shortly after, they routed. But I think they may still fight..... Perhaps, perhaps.

Our mercenaries are almost routed, what's left is one Thureophoroi unit, 2 Militia Phalangites, a Cretan Archer unit and last but not least, myself and the Spartans. And the Greek Hoplites that are persistent to fight for our glory. Despite being against all odds, the men still shoulder themselves, the morning breeze seems right here in front of us. The leaves rustled and the wind blows gently, as if it is a good luck charm for us. Soon, the men rejoiced.

However, even if we put up our defenses tightly. When our enemies do not come, there is exactly no hope that our plan can go in success. It pays to be brave to be able to win. Gladly, I will leave command of the army to Pelleas, my friend and advisor.

"Shoot! Take Damasos down!" His scream can be heard by myself, and the somewhat sleepy Damasos was unaware of his shout. It granted enough time for the Cretans to aim at his weak spot, namely his heels and his eyes. Sadly, this world will weep at the depart of a talented general.

I must march, a whisper come to my ears as I think of victory. A victory is unachievable without bravery. Bravery is unachievable without action. Forward, I shall march by myself. Spartans, follow me behind.

The Spartan Royal Guards who are following me behind have done their work, they have bought enough time for victory and flanking, that which I am not able to do singlehandedly. Their appearances alone scares the enemies in their sight. The spears shall bring them to Hades, let the souls rest in peace.

Despite what I did, the wound I sustained was far more than bearable. Blood splattered out of my hands, I peeked in my own body and see stains, red in blood. I will not live a Spartan life anymore. Goodbye fellas, it was an enjoyable experience to fight alongside you. But what I cannot done cannot be done by myself. Regrettably, I will withdraw from military affairs. I am not worthy nor chosen. Promise me, make a strongest army ever........ For me!

Goodbye. . . Fellas

I do not know what happened afterwards, it seems Pelleas is a much better commander than me. It appears we have taken our enemies down. We have achieved a victory!

After this battle, I arranged a meeting with Pelleas, my friend. It is a painful experience so to speak. To think that I would leave the army alone is very unbearable inside my heart. Honor will not speak her way today.

Acrotatus : It is quiet at night. . . I have something to talk to you, my friend.
    Pelleas : What is it, my humble friend? We are victorius at the battle of Corinth! Come on, celebrate it along with us, there is no need to be so quiet like this!
    Acrotatus : No my dear friend, I wish to tell you something, I. . . I will resign my position.
    Pelleas : What? How is this possible? No, you must be the leading general!
    Acrotatus : But it is the truth. . . war is far more than unbearable for me. I will gladly give my position to you.
    Pelleas : No, I do not want to be a general. You, my friend are far more worthy than myself.
    Acrotatus : That's all I want to tell you. . . Farewell, my friend.
    Pelleas : If that's your wish. . . but I cannot. I will still be in the army, just under a different commander.
    Acrotatus : *weeps* Promise me. .. . Promise that you make the strongest army ever! .. . . . .

Pelleas : I will, despite I'm not the commander.

So guys, chapter 1 has ended. Well, do you like it?

Nazgűl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default Re: Liberation of Greece

Yes, I really do like it, never seen this mod before and I must say it looks fantastic. Very well done, nice work mate.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

A good AAR for sure. +rep

tuore's Avatar Senator

Following this one! Nice job, Aster!

Primicerius

Great, well put together and great commentary. Hope you continue.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

A great start!

Just a formating question -- any way to rearrange the graphics for a narrower window? I do not like to scroll sideways.

Just lazy.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Last battle pic there is epic. Despite the funny hats, those archers actually look like they can dish out serious murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post

This is a masterpiece of a screenshot, Aster. Very good.

Great first post! Am I right in understanding that the main character just died and/or disgraced himself? Acrotatus should go live with the helots for that. +rep
    אין דבר, טוב למות בעד ארצנו (Never mind, It is good to die for ones country)- Joseph Trumpeldor, after being mortally wounded at the battle of Tel Chai

Canaan:Total War development team member

Dude, where are my legions?- Augustus Caesar, after Varus's defeat at Teutoberg Wald.

R.I.P. Calvin

Kátz's Avatar Senator

@Nazgul-Killer : What? You didn't know this mod before? A crime!
    @TM Is Back & Scutarii : Thanks, I would try to live to your expectations.
    @Viking Prince : Nice to see a fellow Librarian here! Btw, I'm sure I had cropped them to the max of 800xblah. Not sure about why I must scroll a bit.
    @Quirinal & dirty_M : Thanks, I didn't expect for my screenshot to a THIS IS SPARTA!
    @Feragorn : Actually, Pelleas also should live with the Helots for the crime of mountain camping.

Stay tuned. Probably an update tonight or so.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Nice work!
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Very engrossing and enjoyable
    My Workshop - Signatures, Avatars and other work I've done on TW related subjects.
    "It is not these well-fed long-haired men that I fear, but the pale and the hungry-looking."
    - Julius Caesar

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Chapter 1 : A New Beginning

Acrotatus : Still, I cannot leave Greece. What happened there was by far too memorable for me to leave. So, I was utterly confused at what decision must be done. To help myself, I consulted the Oracle at Delphi. What happened there would most certainly be interesting. With a heart confused and a mind seeming misguided, I chatted with her.

The Oracle at Delphi.

We had a long chat with each other. But, the Oracle's words are by far very interesting. Somehow, she knows that the people of Corinth loves me very much. And she has chosen that I should govern Corinth, but secretly. . . . . But at least, it was all I could do to help my country. Furthermore, it is to watch the behaviours of Pelleas. Whether he would stray from his promise or not would require my deepest attention other than governing.

I sailed with my boat, with a fellow Spartan to watch me. He is called Lysander. Although by all means I would like to call him Liz. I must watch my own tongue so I don't struck anything bad to his mental. Still, this Spartan is very wierd. A Spartan would care both his and his kinsmen' honor more than anything else. Yet he chooses to still side with me. Could it be the friendship that binded us together?

And before forgetting, I bring myself my personal bodyguards. Worth trusting and full of obedience to me. They would be essential to cover myself from assasination attempts should anybody dare to do so. And most likely the Macedonians sought me more than anybody. For I have made them disgraced in front of their former allies, Corinth.

We sailed and returned back to Corinth, detouring around to make sure we are not seen by anybody but fellow Corinthians. I didn't expect for us to arrive at sunset. However, the sunset made the town more beautiful than ever. Almost as typical as my dreamland, just not filled with my friends from Sparta that I trained and fought alongside with until that battle. I have disgraced myself and I must accept it. But still, it is too early for me to leave this Earth. I would like to see whether Pelleas keeps to his promise or not.

Corinth, it's beautiful during sunsets, isn't it?

Still, despite their love for me. I didn't expect to be welcomed so warmly, not even Sparta can welcome me this warm. It appears that this town would be my final resting place, should it be executed in peace. The people are acceptive to me and nobody can speak of negativity about me. Alas, I don't know how long can I be here until the Spartans embark their journey and set this as a temporary stopping place. I will rely on my fellows to keep them at bay and making sure they don't blow my cover.

And, they gave me a title I would be so proud to bear, it is the title of Archon. Thank you people for your support for me.

At night, I see my friend Pelleas, it appears he would still like to talk with me more. However, I have said my word. And I have promised to myself I would not see him until that time. Then, I will assign Timoleon to guard him and offered an insight from my wise friend. Still, his good looks are not my type and more likely be called Timo. But his sharpness and a clear grasp on Macedonian tactics have earned my trust.

Then, I will leave the rest to him to guard Pelleas. And I myself would govern this town with everything I can.

Btw, can you guys suscribe to my thread if you like my AAR? And thanks for the warm comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post

The Oracle is so old she farts grey

Nice story telling, Aster.

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

I am liking this Aster, just thought since I seen this i'd comment on the great screenshots. I love the one of the men marching over the dead hoplites lol.

+rep

Primicerius

Subscribed.

I know it's only been a couple of days but I want an update.

Kátz's Avatar Senator

Thanks everybody, it's quite amazing how the number of comments dropped.....

Anyways. ..

Chapter 2 : Watching Him

I am Timoleon of Corinth, I am here by the orders of Acrotatus to give Pelleas a watchful eye. He is afraid that ambitions will keep promises astray. And that is exactly why I came here. To make sure it does not happen. Acrotatus gave me his entire army under my command. Hardened veterans have already shouldered themselves on, preparing to fight while the green are lazt, neglecting their duty. I will make sure to give them disciplinary measures. Otherwise I must, regrettably have them wasted in the battlefield.

And so I will descend into my first battle, I cannot say my voice on this. But it has been pretty obvious that we will win against them. I will see his tactics and try to perceive what was Pelleas' thoughts about this battle. I will try to make sure his moves are not worth the suspicions, that would be the key into victory. While leaving as little amount of bloodshed as possible. But still, the persistent Thebans refused to give up. As they are under the threat and enslavery of Macedonia. Perhaps I would know why by a chat with the townsmen, after we have claimed our rightful victory.

Prepare for battle.

He's a crazy bureaucrat.

I will leave the entire command of the army to Pelleas, just to supervise his moves and possibly, allowing me to see his true motives. Acrotatus had also told me that he no longer knows him well. Despite being childhood friends. Could it be a change in attitudes that brought to this? Has arrogance prevailed over promise? I will see soon, and report what I can to him.

First things first, he has instructed the soldiers to cover themselves behind the walls. At the base that we can take cover using the walls. While this may be right, still. There are some risks that are to be taken. A quick advance into the lines would probably be rash, as the towers may shoot some of them down. And furthermore, he said that he wanted to avoid much bloodshed along the way. But I could be wrong about this.

The Thureophoroi are ready to aim and fire.

Aim......

Sooner or later, the gates are found to be destroyed by the rams. It was inevitable, and the thureophoroi have started firing at the enemies inside. Scared and shaking at fear of death. I was wrong about my suspicions, he was right to do it.

Fire!

The Spartans have breached the wall from the right side. This horribly confused the incompetent Macedonians, who focused her guards on the left and central side. Surprised, withdrawal follows. And the entire gate guardians have faltered and the morale of the Thebans have plummeted. This is the symbol of a true Greek victory. While I actually hate the fact that we are so dependant on the Spartans to do our dirty job. They have done more than enough.

While the right side were pressured, the left side felt more worrying the Spartans over the thureophoroi and the Athenians, who have taken the decision to storm the frontal gates. Trapped and surrounded, the entire force are in panic. And a bloodbath took place. Although this is exactly what I have not wanted. We must do this for the sake of promise. Such a sad sacrifice must be made to fulfill one's swear of goodness.

An Athenian managed to wound Polyneikes' horse. All the while stabbing his right leg. Screaming in pain like the coward he is. He ran away, hoping to die or to live. I would not know. His lone bodyguard followed, disappointed at the fact that he serves a weak coward.

We are booing him down.

The rest of the Macedonians known that resistance was futile. But still, the Thebans are not content on giving up. They had hoped that at least they would die an honorable death than not. This is exactly the kind of people that I had lived to like. But still, with a cowardly leader. The troops have lost all energy, and there is no more invigoration until they die.

The Spartan Commander of the Royal Guard, Leonidas. Seems to have his heart's feelings a bit chaotic. Instead of leading the Royal Guard bravely. He shouted : "Julia, O where are you Julia?" This had shamed the Spartans as they did not hope to see a leader acting so weirdly in front of them. This is one guy that I have to take dispiclinary measures to. It's all due to his strange behavior.

O Julia, Where are you Julia?

To the town square, nobody, except the reserve levy pikemen are brave to assist Polyneikes. In due time, Polyneikes, unable to endure his injury. Was unlucky at the fact that he did not manage to dodge the blow of the spear. Alas, he was killed by an Athenian. I will ask that powerful Athenian his name. And possibly, make him one of my subordinates of high position.

He's worthy of rewards.

And the rest. . . are a slaughterfest of what remained. Thebes is now a ruin at the face of Macedonia. And a cemetery in our face.

Thebes was captured by our might. Another town has fallen, the Liberation of Greece is near...... And it seems that he has kept his promise until now. He did not choose to do anything bad to our poor victims. Instead, a sign of kindred still remains on him. . . but to what extent?

I hope you have enjoyed it until now.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Aster, can you post your next updates(and your previous) in spoilers? That way we can read the last post, without having to scroll down for 5 minutes.

Btw, nice update.

ReD_OcToBeR's Avatar Senator

Ah yes another dead Macedonian, looks like there is quite the army you gotta face now, just outside of Thebes.
    i would have enslaved the bastards lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast