Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britons, And PE

Default Britons, And PE

Is the year 190 B.C., the only remaining factions are seleucids, cartage, thracians, samartians, and the britons, but britons are so boring!!! they have the same army in the hole campaing, they have moved to germany (I exterminated them), and take a weak setlement from cartage (they are allready dead fighting against me), they make peace and fight every turn with the thracians, and thats pissing me off , but there is no really a war, they just blockade some ports.
    I hope that this faction IA is improved.
    And Potoleamic Empire was vanish in a few years by my allies seleucids, WHY?!!!! I never fight against them xD.
    Has anyone play as britons? Is so difficult for this faction to arise?.
    Sorry about my english because I'm from Chile, .

Default Re: Britons, And PE

While testing ( pick up Britons and sit on the island, doing almoust nothing with fog of war off ), i played the first 20 turns or so, to get out of negative income and because it was to boring to do nothing... Well, yes, they are really tough to play, especially because the sea is dominated with pirate vessels, wich on Hard are quite annoying. But Brits are going to be replaced in the coming ExRM versions anyway. They never posed any similar threat like Britons from vanilla, their only really powerfull weapon were their chariots, wich are now only a shadow of the original version and actually there were some gaulish/celtic tribes, who indented to invade the island from the continent.

Well in my games I've had mixed actions from Briton, given the time to grow. I got to the British Isles as Carthage and they basically just sat there the entire game. They had only taken the cities next to their starting position, they didn't even cross the ocean to take Ireland! In another game as Macedon I'd taken over Rome, Ptolomys and Carthage (just the city) and here comes Briton down from France. They had taken over Germania, most of France and where moving into Iberia! This is the largest expansion from them I've seen in all my games otherwise they usually just sit there or take a few territories of France and Norway or do nothing at all.

I'm actually glad to see that there taking out Briton as they don't really do anything at all. I'm not keen on this Greek Superfaction idea as I can't really find out what exactly its supposed to accomplish...

Caligula Caesar's Avatar Horse Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Rameth View Post
    I'm actually glad to see that there taking out Briton as they don't really do anything at all. I'm not keen on this Greek Superfaction idea as I can't really find out what exactly its supposed to accomplish...
    To be honest, I agree. A barbarian superfaction (or even two!) would be far more exiting to me.

Quinn Inuit's Avatar Artifex

The Greek superfaction is there to let us model Aetolia, Pergamum, Syracuse, and the Kingdom of the Bosporus without using multiple faction slots. I think the game will be more realistic if there's outward pressure from Pergamum, Syracuse, and Aetolia, as well as coordinated resistance from the various Bosporan cities.
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

My writing-related Twitter feed.

Will the Greek Superfaction be playable? Also how will this superfaction not disrupt balance in Greece? Wouldn't it just steamroll over Greek Cities and Macedon now that they both only have like two starting cities?

Also will the Greek Cities be renamed into the Achaean League or stay Greek Cities? Just wondering as I hate the 'Greek Cities' name lol.

Yes, the Greek Cities will be renamed into the Achaean League.

The Greek Superfaction will be playable, and it won't disrupt balance in Greece because it will only control one territory there: Aetolia (expect to get raided a lot, though--the Aetolians were annoying).
    RTR Platinum Team Apprentice, RTR VII Team Member, and Extended Realism Mod Team Coordinator. Proud member of House Wilpuri under the patronage of Pannonian

The ExRM forum: come for the mod, stay for the Classical History discussions. Or vice versa.

Primicerius

Will Sparta be Achaen then? I don't think it was, maybe you should give the GCS superfaction Sparta, of make it very strong rebels.

Historically the Spartans did join the Achaean league though I think they might have did it a little bit later then 280 B.C., not sure. Its okay to let them be in it a little earlier I think and I would be scared to attack Spartan rebels

Primicerius

Well, seeing as Macedon has been reduced to a very weak two province country, I think making the GCS start with half of Crete, Athens, and Elis isn't too inaccurate, and could give the Maks a greater chance to survive (they got steamrolled in my epirote campaign, so I had to go in and kill off Thrace and the GCS, who killed them. With the ability to recruit Spartans, of course.

Maybe they should give Macs one more city farther north in order to balance it out?

Well, that's really all they controlled, and they have three provinces and a large starting army.

I think what I'll do is start the Achaean League without Crete (it'll be a massive rebel stack), but with Sparta. That seems to be the most accurate representation of the state of the world at the time.

Primicerius

Sounds good to me.

In all the 3 campaings I've been playing so far, always the Maks had been killed by the greeks, and thats makes me cry T_T.
    They must be more strong, and the seleucid factions is so strong, they alway take control of everything, nobody can oppose them.

Don't worry, the Greeks are going to get a nerf relative to the Macs.

Well after doing some searching around I believe in order to have the most historically accurate Achaean League it would only hold Corinth (unless another province is included in the Peloponnesus, which if you did I suggest Aigio, which was the capital of the Achaean League until the Roman defeat) and maybe Elis (I can't find when they joined exactly but it would give the League a little more power). As for Sparta I've found that they refused to join the League and weren't defeated until about 198/197 B.C., if my information is correct, and were forced to join. Also Athens never joined before the League was destroyed by the Romans so I suggest starting them without Sparta or Athens and putting huge stacks in both of them.

Extremely accurated, if this is true of course, I aggre with you, then Atens and Sparta should start as rebels factions, with, of course, their owns great armies, and the player must have to submit them.

Primicerius

So if you gave the Acheans Elis and Corinth it would be accurate? But that would totally kill the Maks chances, even more than now where they start with Corinth. Maybe Elis and Thermon (I know its Aitolian, but for gameplay purposes, to respresent their common anti-Makedonian goals).

Yea according to what I've found Corinth was part of the Achaean League (and also where they fought there last battle against the romans), though I don't know how involved they really were as I've found a lot of places that say they were loyal to the Macs as well, seeing as Philip II made the Conrinthian League there. I really think it would be best to put in Aigio and make Corinth a really small (but important) province and keep it Mac. As the Achaean League controlled all of the territory that Mac currently controls (actually with the current province layout just giving the League Corinth would be the most accurate, as they controlled about only those territories).

The Achaean League and Macedon were on good standing for the most part and both disliked the Aetolian League, as far as I can tell.

Also have you guys ever thought about giving the Macs the cities up north instead of the cities down south? Like starting them with Pella, Thessalonica and Chalkies (or however you spell those lol), instead of the others?

Primicerius

Ptolemy Keraunos controlled the northern cities at this period, I think. Antigonos only had thessaly and Corinth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast