Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DarthMod Empire SubMods

Default DarthMod Empire SubMods

DarthMod Empire SubMods

"Many talented people, eager to explore the mechanics of this magnificent game, use something of DarthMod and PM me for permission.
    "

As I have stated. I encourage this a lot, as long as they state what they use of my Mod (Files, full Mod, based, aspects of AI etc.)

So instead of doing this, you (the modders) can come here and post.

I will copy/paste the link and the information of your mod you provide.

Please note that I will put in the first post only a mod that is having a thread or a forum.
    You can still collaborate here and discuss your changes around my files, though.

The Glory of the Russian Empire is fully optimized and compatible with DarthMod Empire battle mechanics

Artillery-Naval sub-mod for DarthMod Empire

ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD is fully optimized and compatible with DarthMod Empire battle mechanics

Default Re: DarthMod Empire SubMods

ok, here is my mini mod for darth vader's great mod thank you darth!!

it's darth complete mod with small changes made by me

changes:
    -all ship crew size have been altered to a more historical size(generaly) based on a small reaserch i made driving from 800 men on first liners to 120 on sloops

- exp thressholds have been twicked slightly to compensate on the addion of crews (you will not kill much more people then befor)

- artillery base re-loading shortend by a few seconds depending on the type of shot

- twicked light infantry to fight like line infantry ,i havent changed its stats much. they will be slightly better at melee, but overall they are shooters not whackers(but they have beyonnets) . light infantry drill stays but fire by rank holds more punch puse they have 120 men now(needs forther twicking)

- rangers are more elit units, they have 45 men but are much beter in shooting and melee

install:
    put in data falder and use mod manager or use:
    mod "darthmod_CAT.pack"; in the script text

if you run into any problem PM me plus feedback would be nice, if any of the changes need forther balance i'll change it just consider that i'm not realy a moder

once again thanks for darth for letting me use his great mod! have fun you all!
    Last edited by C.A.T; April 09, 2009 at 07:20 AM.
    peace sells . . . . but how's buy'n?

bob dylan: "all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie" things have changed

katafraktos79's Avatar Civis

Well I don't know if I should call this a mini mod (it's more of a suggestion to be honest) but I reduced the number of bodyguards for the general to 6 for 2 reasons:
    1.To discourage myself to use them as cavalry
    2.To see if the AI protects them better.
    Till now(I haven't played much) it seems the AI doesn't charge with his general,and most important he still recruits generals(I left their cost high as it is so I was worried about this).
    Playing on H/H
    Last edited by katafraktos79; April 10, 2009 at 06:35 AM.

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by C.A.T View Post
    ok, here is my mini mod...
    Where there any negative consequences to increasing the crew sizes? Does it imact boarding?

I was thinking about increasing the size of Galley's crews after reading Arkadi's post in the Naval Battles thread:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...76#post4918376
    "They are the devil's vegetable" - Captain Keeble, HMS Bulwark

Please note that I will put in the first post a mod that is having a thread or a forum.
    You can still collaborate here and discuss your changes around my files.

Decanus

The Glory of the Russian Empire is fully optimized and compatible with DarthMod Empire battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Bob the Insane View Post
    Where there any negative consequences to increasing the crew sizes? Does it imact boarding?

I was thinking about increasing the size of Galley's crews after reading Arkadi's post in the Naval Battles thread:
    listen my mod was mainly for historic acuracy but boarding is scrued up any way you should see that no matter how you out number the enemy in most cases he wins, but now with 800 men on 1st liners boarding one 1st liner with another makes a truly beutyfull slughter

btw i chaged some things made it comp with 9.5 but people dont seem to like my mod so i guss i'll scrap that one
    peace sells . . . . but how's buy'n?

bob dylan: "all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie" things have changed

Quote Originally Posted by HellFell View Post
    First off, love TGOTRE, just downloaded it and the units are amazing. I havent played a Russian Campaign yet, I've been waiting on your wonderful mod.

I'd just like to mention, the unit stats for your mod are quite a bit off what you see for similar units for Darthmod. Range is the same, but accuracy, melee, defense, and morale are pretty far off.

I can go in manually and change the obvious, but there may also be hidden values Darth speaks of as well that I cant change.

Thanks again for your outstand mod, it's truly magnificent. Hopefully this will be sorted out soon.

Decanus

Lucius Tiberius Verenus.

The mod is optimized to Darth Mod, but the unit stats aren't the same. Russian units are created from stretch based on Darth Mod mechanics, but unit stats are created by me.

the russian mod seems not correct to me.
    vanilla or darth mod : russia is weak faction or middle military power (or so)
    russian mod : only russian rox and > to any faction looking at the stats

unfair

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    the russian mod seems not correct to me.
    vanilla or darth mod : russia is weak faction or middle military power (or so)
    russian mod : only russian rox and > to any faction looking at the stats

unfair
    it's the issue I'm working on. Please, check the further updates. Generally I didn't overpower russian faction. If you have any feedback, please report in the mod thread.

skins are pretty good, and i don't mind that one or two units looks like unit roxor unique elite but i find that atm you made russia far superior it should be.

good work anyway

Sorry... I unsticky this because of my new error finding in a file that caused to me a headache to fix. Mods must be very very carefully merged. I have not merged anything. I use only my files but a db was with errors from the main.pack... it was not extracted properly( by the unpacker not me). This could happen to any db.

Due to this... I must not, for the time being, continue to support openly the merging of mods because they can spread "viruses" of errors and the players to be confused of what they eventually play.

mp84's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Sorry... I unsticky this because of my new error finding in a file that caused to me headache to fix. Mods must be very very carefully merged. I have not merged anththing. I use only my files but a db was with errors from the main.pack... it was not extracted properly. This could happen to any db.

Due to this... I must not, for the time being, continue to support openly the merging of mods because they can spread "viruses" of errors and the players to be confused of what they eventually play.
    Interesting, the main mods I would use other then Darth Empire, would be The Smoke and Sound Mod, retextured unit mods, a music mod, and finally the better firing arc. Hopefully those would be ok, but we'll see I guess.

MP

@DARTH

Wonderful work! Finally your awesome Darthmod reached 1.0! Congratulations!

Your commander pack is a very nice addition!

Since DM 0,5 I'm doing for me a personal "Additional Units Mod" with several base-files included from your glorious mod.

I've got a question about the "Commander"-version.

Did you only change the "Unit Size" in the > db/units_stats_land_tables/units_stats_land ?

Or where else I have to change entries in my own "my_units_mod" tables that they have equal soldiers?

Since DM 0,1 trough DM 1.0 I didn't stepped back to vanilla anymore...

The commander edition differs only in unit sizes. 1.0 is a general Mod with many many things changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    The commander edition differs only in unit sizes. 1.0 is a general Mod with many many things changed.
    Thank you for this fast answer!

Yes I saw that this is a major change! There are already now 20 tables. In DM 0.5 there were 11 tables.

But I did made my own mod compatible in a couple of minutes. And it works wonderful!

Cheers and happy easter weekend!

Leo4444's Avatar Miles

You should sticky this easier to find
    Cpu: Intel i5 3570k 4.0ghz
    Gpu: Nvidia Gtx 770 2gb
    Ram: G.Skill 8gb ddr3
    Motherboard: Asus Rock Extreme 4-m

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Rammsteins minimod for Darths Commander edition 1.0

Changes on darthmod commander edition:

- range decrease from 110 to 90 (helps the AI get in a better firing position)
    - cannon range back to 700 (800 is nearly the hole filed, moving artillery is needed now)
    - artillery number increased to 5-6
    - changed moral penalty to work with the higher unit numbers (units were retreating to early)
    - changes on unit stats, numbers etc...
    - some upkeep changes ca 25% less for some units (will change this even more in the future)
    - platoofire has been deleted (never worked so well on huge unit its doesnt at all)
    - artillery shells ranges for howitzer highered a bit but roundshot still has a longer range than the others.
    - factions unique units (specially cavalry) should be more valuable now, gives factions the advantage they deserve.
    - unique units max build number increased (but much more expensive than normal line infantry for upkeep)

Future ideas for changes:

- increase recruitment cost and balance upkeep
    - decrease unit size a little so that the biggest unit is 400 men max
    - increase the kill rates a little since a lot of units dont fire in a 5 rank deep unit.

Installation is the same as for the normal darthmod:

Download the file linked in the first post

1. Unzip the file using a program such as WinRar, which can be downloaded from here
    2. Open DarthMod Empire folder
    3. Copy the subfolders into the location described in the name of the two main folders. This may trigger a merge folder pop-up (depends on OS). Click yes.

The in depth location for the script (user.empire_script.txt) is:

VISTA C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts, possible variation between OS's, but from the appdata onwards it will all be the same.

p.s. only install if you have a good PC, unit number from 500-300 takes a lot of CPU power. Even I had to turn graphics a little down.

Download the rar file and install like the normal darthmod. Do not use the original darthmod or any other mods with this. Let me know about bugs or inconsistancies. Enjoy!

Credits:

Darth Vader for his Commander edition 1.0 mod
    Lee Cowen "Creative Assembly Senior Games Programmer" for giving me valuable tips.
    LtChampers and all who have helped him to create his masterpiece tool.
    NogaOsibisa for giving me the idea to create the Commander Edition of DarthMod
    I-R-Cannonfodder & JCR for the research they have offered me about wind speed and sail degrees.
    Midknight for helping me to optimize the reload rates of the mod.
    scivian for his realistic trail mod used for the cannon fire in DarthMod.
    Last edited by Rammstein; April 24, 2009 at 12:32 PM.

Rammstein's Avatar Templar Knight

Updated last night

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast