Thread: Mythology:TW or Sparta3:TW?

rogergargantua's Avatar Senator

Default Mythology:TW or Sparta3:TW?

Hey, just found this mod via another forum....I believe it was the "announcement" forum about this mod being released.

After looking around at this forum reading info and screenshots I was wondering about a few things since I could not find the answer here.

1) This is not mythology:TW, rite? So what is it? Some BETA preview of big things we can expect of mythology?
    2) Since mythology:TW is including fantasy units (correct me if im wrong) this is like a more "serious mod" so people can still enjoy the many great hoplite units without the fantasy stuff?

I must say I am impressed by screenshots, the units look fantastic! Its unfortunate my PC is in repairs for a few days or else I would surely download this and try it out! It looks hella fun

Perhaps a little FAQ sticky topic should be posted on this forum to clear some things up for more new people who will arrive here like me?

greetings

GARGANTUA

Default Re: Mythology:TW or Sparta3:TW?

Well , there are 2 mods : mythology TW and Sparta 3 TW . But they are both being developed by the same team . So this thread is for both Sparta TW and Myth:TW

But why create two mods? (you guys got too much time? lol joke )

Well , i think Quetzl initially wanted to make Sparta , and then (probably got fascinated by Greece ) , made Myth:TW .. myth includes many Sparta units , if you want ot know ?

All in all, it sounds great! If my PC comes back from repair shop (yes, im on crap laptop now) I will surely give it a try.

Thx for replying!

2) Since mythology:TW is including fantasy units (correct me if im wrong) this is like a more “serious mod” so people can still enjoy the many great hoplite units without the fantasy stuff?
    indeed, some people don’t like fantasy mods and as i made sparta 1 and 2 when i was much less experienced, i thought i would make a much better version using the units from myth ~ to which i added loads.

myth was devised later than sparta by me and solo [our modeller].

we are currently making a new map which is the historic herodotus map to give the game an ancient look and feel. this map will be used for the next version of sparta [or an update] and for myth.

for both mods we are going hi-res on the graphical side.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.