Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adding musket trails back to darthmod.

Default Adding musket trails back to darthmod.

Does anyone know the exact file location where darth removes musket trails? I unpacked 0,9 and deleted particletrail.fx but it still won't bring back the tracers.

I'm very conflicted as I've started playing Imperial Splendour but just can't live without the darthmod battle AI. Lack of vapor trails is killing my situational awareness but I can't bring myself to play against an inferior battle AI.

Any speculation would be appreciated.

Default Re: Adding musket trails back to darthmod.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUnitOn View Post
    Does anyone know the exact file location where darth removes musket trails? I unpacked 0,9 and deleted particletrail.fx but it still won't bring back the tracers.

I'm very conflicted as I've started playing Imperial Splendour but just can't live without the darthmod battle AI. Lack of vapor trails is killing my situational awareness but I can't bring myself to play against an inferior battle AI.

Any speculation would be appreciated.
    Smoke mod perhaps?...very easy to see artillery fire and who is firing muskets...
    WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

In the projectiles files revert for the muskets from (none) to (alpha_bullet) (Column shrapnel type)

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    In the projectiles files revert for the muskets from (none) to (alpha_bullet) (Column shrapnel type)
    Straight from the source, thank you much Darth!

@Barabus: I currently use the light smoke mod but like to see exactly where my infantry are shooting. Do they continue to fire at their target when a regiment of cavalry run into their kill zone? Little behavioral questions like that are why I enjoy the laser muskets. Thanks for the suggestion though.

+rep for you both as soon as I spam some posts in another forum.

Hey darth i really love your mod but can you please make a quick instuction for adding musket lasers back? Sry but i'm a total noob and i have to stick with 0,75 if i can't enable them.

Quote Originally Posted by Klotzek View Post
    Hey darth i really love your mod but can you please make a quick instuction for adding musket lasers back? Sry but i'm a total noob and i have to stick with 0,75 if i can't enable them.
    Could you use,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239446

Loaded after Darthmod...wouldn't that bring back some of the laser you want....Darth I think is probably too busy on 1.0 or .95 to write out instructions for modding...he already pointed where you need to go in pack file manager...

Here is a picture which illustrates what Darth was saying. Download the pack file manager from Lt. Chambers and open darthmod.pack. Browse to the projectiles folder in the picture and change the values circled in red. After that, delete the file in the fx tree (projectiletrail.fx).

Once you're finished, save the entire file and use it instead of the original darthmod.pack file.

Quote Originally Posted by Barabus View Post
    Could you use,

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239446

Loaded after Darthmod...wouldn't that bring back some of the laser you want....Darth I think is probably too busy on 1.0 or .95 to write out instructions for modding...he already pointed where you need to go in pack file manager...
    I have edited my thread, to anyone interested read the "note" on the first post for details.
    Epictetus: former slave and stoic philosopher

Quote Originally Posted by scivian View Post
    I have edited my thread, to anyone interested read the "note" on the first post for details.
    My bad, thanks for correcting me.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ManUnitOn View Post
    Here is a picture which illustrates what Darth was saying. Download the pack file manager from Lt. Chambers and open darthmod.pack. Browse to the projectiles folder in the picture and change the values circled in red. After that, delete the file in the fx tree (projectiletrail.fx).

Once you're finished, save the entire file and use it instead of the original darthmod.pack file.

Nice one. Thanks to your help I was able to have the vanilla canon trails again just by deleting the projectiletrail.fx

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

this is part of the topic I suppose,but everytime i attempt to open a mod pack with the pack file manager it tells me it is an unsupported format...do I need to be using a different version of the pack file manager?

You should be using version 1.11 if you're not already.

http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...nager_1-11.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Bendit View Post
    Nice one. Thanks to your help I was able to have the vanilla canon trails again just by deleting the projectiletrail.fx
    Glad I could help. Darth and Scivian were the ones who showed me initially but I'm a visual learner and know many benefit from pictures.

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Thanx ,I was using a dated version +rep

what is the fx tree?

I changed the muskets to alpha_bullet then found and delete the fx file, now i cant load battles i tried noodles mod but i liked the vanilla lasers and his mod lets you barely see the trails.

so with testing whenever i delete the fx file i cant load battles why is that?

Xwhyzed's Avatar Primicerius

You don't have to delete anything.

Just change the Trail column in the projectiles_tables\Darth_projectiles to alpha_bullet instead of alpha

It's better to use DB Editor instead of Pack file manager.
    And backup the files before you edit them. (DMUC_Core.pack)

i know im being picky but when i do that it doesnt change anything for me or if i use noodles mod it has the slight trails but i want lasers man lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast