Thread: My first little Modding Success Pirates and Clansmen with Pistols.

Default My first little Modding Success Pirates and Clansmen with Pistols.

Just managed to get my first results from modding, I have Given Pistols to Pirates and Clansmen.

Just very happy to get a result and wanted to share em, nothing too brilliant i know but i got to start somewhere hehe.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; April 08, 2009 at 01:42 PM.

Default Re: My first little Modding Success Pirates and Clansmen with Pistols.

Hooray, i hope you have even more success in the future.

I'm personally attempting to mod the AI so that the game is a little more random and fun.

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

I have to know how you did this to make my ruyteren unit!

Yeah, the first unit I made with the PFM I gave pistols, but I could never figure out how to make them fire like pistols... They always ended up treating them like a musket.

"That war is a terrible thing I agree, but it is not so terrible that we should submit to anything in order to avoid it. For why do we all vaunt our civic equality and liberty of speech and all that we mean by the word freedom, if nothing is more advantageous than peace?" — Polybios, Historiai, IV.31

thanks for the Positive Feedback pples

@ Wolfgang and Stefan I did this MiniMod (hopefully) to be part of Imperial Splendor Mod, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1138 Quixote the author of that Mod has given Pistols to Generals and given them the abilty to Dismount. So i consider myself a bit of a begginner in this field hehe. I still have to find a suitable reload animation for em. (there aint a default Pistol Reloading animation it seems)

There a thread there by me on this topic, where some pple posted some excellent advice on how to get it working, i think i found a shortcut but ive still gota test em alot. Il post the steps i went thru as soon as i get a bit of time , and remember em all (it was 4am hehe)

Here is my pistol unit inspired by yours,however I can't seem to find a pistol reload animation,so they reload like muskets.still look cool though...