Thread: Darth AI and challenging campaign

Default Darth AI and challenging campaign

i would like to push further my campaign test with an absolute monarchy.
    which one do you advise me for some challenge?
    France
    Russia
    Sweden
    Prussia
    Austria
    Spain

maybe another one i could be interesting in... Ottoman empire?

Default Re: Darth AI and challenging campaign

ok i liked prussia in my old campaign, but i used to cheat a little :p (used to trade kronenberg with french guyana hehe)

anyone else?

Bob the Insane's Avatar Semisalis

Austria is fun, it is much like Prussia only with more religous issues and more enemies from the start (you are Catholic and start with Catholic, Protestant and Orthodox regions, plus Poland and Prussia are almost guaranteed to DoW on you early)...

Spain is a fun alternative to Britain, you have lots of fighting in the Americas, and loads of naval battles especially against pirates. Ecomonically you are almost entirely dependant on trading to generate any real income in the begining...
    "They are the devil's vegetable" - Captain Keeble, HMS Bulwark

Bavaria is fun. You only start with one region but Munich is a major city so you have a full tech tree (except naval tech since you start out land locked). There is room to expand without having to take on a major faction early (Westphalia, Saxony, Wurttemberg, Hannover and Venice). You will more than likely be at war with Prussia early.

Spain is the ultimate challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Spain is the ultimate challenge...
    I found Spain as easy as GB in the start.

Big French ally protecting your Northern Boarder, little Portugal to the west which is easy to take, then the ability to quickly take all of North Africa within 5 years.

Harder to defend the mainland provinces, true, but when you control most of the richest provinces in South America their loss isn't that big a deal.

I found all of them easy in VH/VH mode and to be honest this made me start playing civ4 again lolololol

Anyway, I think the only country that gives some challenge in campaign and battles is Ottomans who have the weakest units and quite a big empire to defend.

PS. I sooo much pray that one would fit TW battles' in Civ campaign, so we could have the ultimate strategy game.

PPS. We are lucky to have Darth and other modders working on the game. At least they can offer some really good improvements.

Ottomans are definatly the hardest.

I thought they'd be easy but... uhm, no.

In my opinion the hardest from your list are Spain and Ottomans.

With Spain you need to defend your american colonies, and your regions in Italy. They get attacked in the beginning.

With Ottoman they have big empire to defend and dont have so strong units.

UP is also quite tough to play, since in Europe you got one province, in America you have a bunch of colonies and have to tackle the pirates and in India you are somewhat safe...but still you need to build a big Fleet to defend trade routes etc....not very easy

Ottomans for sure...they pretty much suck roster wise and have no allies of worth.
    WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by RazAlgul View Post
    UP is also quite tough to play, since in Europe you got one province, in America you have a bunch of colonies and have to tackle the pirates and in India you are somewhat safe...but still you need to build a big Fleet to defend trade routes etc....not very easy
    I dunno, I find UP pretty darn easy...pretty much I make nice in Europe, go hard after the pirate colonies in the Americas, but invest the majority of my cash and time into subjugating the savages in India...once you have India, there is NO chance of anyone taking it back (bless you CA for making naval invasions work so well!), you make so much loot you can steamroll Europe or America if you want.
    WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Vor View Post
    I found Spain as easy as GB in the start.

Big French ally protecting your Northern Boarder, little Portugal to the west which is easy to take, then the ability to quickly take all of North Africa within 5 years.

Harder to defend the mainland provinces, true, but when you control most of the richest provinces in South America their loss isn't that big a deal.
    Alright then, may I suggest Persia or Dagestan?