Thread: Cannot Recruit?

Default Cannot Recruit?

I currently am not able to recruit any units at all in the Americas. I don't understand. I know there is some unit cap thing in place, but I thought it meant that I could only recruit x amount of y unit from region z. Some of these regions in the Americas, I've never even recruited from. I have plenty of money, so I don't understand why everything is greyed out. I am going to get slaughtered if France decided he wants a piece of me.

Can someone explain how the recruitment system is currently working?

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Cannot Recruit?

I think it is x amount of y unit in total.

Example: If playing GB upgrade your biggest settlements in the North American theatre. Then use those to supply the other ones. I tried to upgrade all my settlements to be able to recruit everywhere. But the money you earn isnt simply enough to do this. After all it is probably more historically correct to recruit and train near the big cities and supply the settlements from there.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Here is a Quote from the original thread:

Originally Posted by TheSavage
    While I agree with some limit on militia I do think it's a little strict now. Could be increased by 50-100% or so. Especially with the colonial militia.

Originally Posted by Quixote07

This is mostly an anti-AI move, I'm afraid. Without this in place we would see far too many stacks of militia. Dragoons are cheaper, and they have a garrisoning bonus, so you could use those instead.
    Last edited by Gomer_Pyle; April 08, 2009 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Had some more...

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-

You can only have a limited ammount of the troops you can train in america, like colonial militia, line infantry and auxillaries.

Once you have a set ammount, you cannot recruit more, but you have those troops for your defense.

So are you claiming that if I was to upgrade my Barracks in Philideplhia, that I would again be able to recruit in Lousiana?

no.

you can only have a set ammount of units at any time.
    If your units die or you disband them, then you will be able to recruit more.

Gomer_Pyle's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Gomer_Pyle View Post
    I think it is x amount of y unit in total.

Example: If playing GB upgrade your biggest settlements in the North American theatre. Then use those to supply the other ones.
    I think I may have put this out wrong. To supply I mean build them in example given Philly then move them to where they are needed on the campaign map.

Edit: I am slower than melasse...
    Last edited by Gomer_Pyle; April 08, 2009 at 05:15 AM. Reason: And you thought you were slow Lazy??? hehe

We make war that we may live in peace.

-Aristotle-