Thread: Kotor

I was wondering if there are any KOTOR fans here, and what they think about how the third one should turn out. Personally, there should be mutiple species to be. But most importantly is that the story is much better than the second one. (I still don't know what happened).
    "If you're going through Hell. Keep Going"
    -Winston Churchill

Fatigue's Avatar Civis

I've played both KOTOR games and I found I enjoyed the second one much more than the first (despite the bugs and left out bits). The story was interesting, and I think they wrapped up the ending pretty well considering, a bit abrupt, but nothing like the horrible mess I was lead to believe it was. Guess people just don't like using their imaginations. :rolleyes I find it a bit boring when I'm told everything.

As to what should be in the third one...not sure, more species would be good, less bugs would be better. *tongue* As long as there's a good storyline and some kickass powers I'll be happy.
    Lurking somewhere in the grey haze...

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnęte Homme.

more species, no jedi class from start .
    Updated graphics .
    And we sould be all set .

I was thinking about a better fighting system, one that gives you control over your character a little more.
    -Winston Churchill

Libertus
    I'm in Jail,they Said i need an Ugly Bloke ot bail Me,how long will you be?

kotor is possibly the funnies game EVER.EVER. I MEAN EVER.well apart from Magna Cum Laude.
    I love getting the other party members angry

The second one sucked ******. I got a bug where in the final battle as soon as I defeated my opponenet (unnamed for spoiler purposes) I die instantly. Anyone know how to fix it?

jared_simmons

Never heard of that bug before

Personally I loved them both but the missing bits from II annoy the hell out of me mainly cos you dont really know which story will have an ending or just stop

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Part I was the best IMO.
    Part II was way to short and easy(completed it on the first day on hard).
    I have very little hope for the third one.

Originally posted by jared_simmons@May 8 2005, 10:26 AM
    Personally I loved them both but the missing bits from II annoy the hell out of me mainly cos you dont really know which story will have an ending or just stop
    indeed .
    Any talk of a redux/director's cut/whatever version ?

I though that the stuff was included in all versions made from something like 2/23. I could be wrong though.

Well hopefully the third one shoudl fare better because KOTOR 2 was rushed because of the movie... They didn't want it competing with the movie tie-in games, so they forced them to shove it out by Christmas.

I was personally totally totally totally LET DOWN over the crappy ending for KOTOR 2, though I enjoyed most of the game. God that ending sucked ASSSSSSSS!!! There were more loose ends than Paris Hilton's sex life in there. What a joke it really ruined the game for me.

Otherwise they are both great games. Even though I liked the second one better in terms of writing and story the end totally ruined it and the first game has to be the better game.
    All the world is but a stage,
    and though all in it merely players,
    they play with such a violent rage,
    as to send it running red with portent.

sign here please: Orolinwe

Dan_Grr's Avatar Dan the Man

Well peeps... I enjoyed KOTOR II a lot, especially in mid-game when I was upgrading my lightsabers and weapons. I finished the game in 50 hours (yea I like to explore and look at the dialogues) and man... what an awful ending. I dont think that the end in itself is bad but the abrupt and too fast-end that the ending in the story has is too... unfinished. When I entered the [non-spoiler] last place that we tought, all seemed so quick, killing bad guys after bad guys. And then fighting X times against that rotting chithead and going to the last boss, which of course I will not tell.

A fast and addicitive pace of gameplay that got me clinged throughout all the story especially in mid-game, but it ended too quick and too bad. I remeber killing the boss, and thought to myself "Ah I get to see Revan and follow is path again, or I get to see the HandMaiden naked [aha] or run away with Visa and have FORCEful kids. But that was it. That ending... "What? Im done already?" thats the feeling I had.
    Of all the disorders of the soul, envy is the only one no one confesses to. - Plutarch, c. A.D. 46-120

Under the wise patronage of cunobelin

Although Kotor 2 was overall better than the first, the ending sucked. And as we all know if the ending is weak then the game is crappy. (ex. Halo 2) If they change nothing in Kotor 3 besides the ending, it will be worth wile
    -Winston Churchill

Something I'd like to see in KotorIII : A good (CG ) Sith and an evil (LE) Jedi .
    I mean, there's nothing inherently evil in the sith code, while a self-righteous fascist bastard can adhere to the Jedi code : Sith /jedi could be seen more as an opposition of Dyonisiac vs Appolonian, than an opposition of Good vs evil, and it would be great if Kotor 3 would reflect that . Kotor's stories are pretty deep already (compared to SW movies, they're unfathomably rich and complex): this would make them even deeper .

Originally posted by Sidus Preclarum@May 10 2005, 08:56 AM
    Something I'd like to see in KotorIII : A good (CG ) Sith and an evil (LE) Jedi .
    I mean, there's nothing inherently evil in the sith code, while a self-righteous fascist bastard can adhere to the Jedi code : Sith /jedi could be seen more as an opposition of Dyonisiac vs Appolonian, than an opposition of Good vs evil, and it would be great if Kotor 3 would reflect that . Kotor's stories are pretty deep already (compared to SW movies, they're unfathomably rich and complex): this would make them even deeper .
    I agree
    -Winston Churchill

I'd like to see more difficulty. It's nice to be an uber ridiculous Jedi but... It happened WAY to early in KoToR 2.

In fact, in both games I think I could probably go through the entire game with no team members and be fine. In the first game I actually did the entire Starforge part alone.

And in Kotor 2 I didn't even max out my levels and I was so uber by the last few levels it was just absurd. That's another clue to me that the game is missing an entire end level, you never max out!

Kotor 2 was especially annoying in that there were hardly any good Jedi enemies. Why are games that have a save anywhere function so worried about being too hard?? Meanwhile Guild Wars has no problem kickin my butt.
    All the world is but a stage,
    and though all in it merely players,
    they play with such a violent rage,
    as to send it running red with portent.

sign here please: Orolinwe

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I loved both games myself. The second ended far too abruptly, but I really really enjoyed it. Overall the first was better only for being longer and having better main characters. I mean, KoTor2 just was NOT the same without Jolee Bindo. At least it had HK
    morecuriousthanbold.com

I have too many fun with HK my favorite characteres after the main
    my favorite moment is when you give him the thing stat make him good

Member of S.I.N.