Page 79 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2954697071727374757677787980818283848586878889104129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

What are the faction names for console commands?

As I posted earlier, I've defeated Mordor, but their faction leader exists as a character without any bodyguard, so I can't kill him, so Mordor is still alive, and it's really annoying.

I tried the surrender_regions cheat to see if that would do anything, but I don't know if Mordor is England or France or Spain or whatever.

What are the faction names for console commands?

As I posted earlier, I've defeated Mordor, but their faction leader exists as a character without any bodyguard, so I can't kill him, so Mordor is still alive, and it's really annoying.

I tried the surrender_regions cheat to see if that would do anything, but I don't know if Mordor is England or France or Spain or whatever.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Remember to always use small letters with the faction name.

Mordor - england
    Isengard - france
    Gundabad - portugal
    Misty Mountains - hre (holy roman empire, spelled hre in the code)
    Rhun - venice
    Harad - spain
    Gondor - sicily
    Rohan - milan
    Dale - scotland
    Dwarves - moors
    Silvan elves - mongols
    High elves - egypt
    Eriador - turks
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

And

Arnor - byzantium

Default Culture?

Hi!

I wanted to know if there was any thread explaining culture templates of each faction- north European (Eriador, Dale, Rohan), Middle Eastern (Rhun, Harad), Gondor (Gondor)...

Can someone post the relevant links? It'll be more helpful if it deals with Gondor culture.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Culture?

Quote Originally Posted by Chromium View Post
    Hi!

I wanted to know if there was any thread explaining culture templates of each faction- north European (Eriador, Dale, Rohan), Middle Eastern (Rhun, Harad), Gondor (Gondor)...

Can someone post the relevant links? It'll be more helpful if it deals with Gondor culture.
    Hi Chromium

Not quite sure what you're after here; the cultures in TATW = religion in vanilla Medieval 2
    There's no priests in TATW so buildings are the only way to change a region's culture. In Gondors case that's the buildings Library > School > University

High culture of your own make the settlement population happier and units require a certain level of culture in a settlements to be avilable to recrute

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Well there is still a denomination called culture I believe, and I saw somewhere in the files for TATW which is which. But I cannot recall.

I believe all it is used for is heat effects, from the EDU

Heat Effects
    ;-------------------------------
    ;Gondor: Southern Europe
    ;Southrons: Turks
    ;Harad: Egypt
    ;Rohan: Northern Italy
    ;Khand: Southern Europe
    ;Rhun: mongols, saxons
    ;Dale: Northern Europe
    ;Eriador: Northern Europe
    ;Mordor: Southern Europe
    ;Isengard: mongols, saxons
    ;Orcs of the MM: Northern Europe
    ;High Elves: Northern Europe
    ;silvan Elves: Northern Europe
    ;Dwarves: Far Northern Europe
    Last edited by Macilrille; April 28, 2013 at 05:35 AM.

Default Re: Culture?

Not quite sure what you're after here; the cultures in TATW = religion in vanilla Medieval 2
    No, from what I've read, there are two types- the one 'religion' culture & the other for buildings etc. in descr_cultures.

AFAIK, Gondor used to have meso-american culture during 2.1(Or maybe earlier? I don't remember). That's why you could once see pyramids upon laying seige on Dol Amroth. Then it was chaged to Gondor culture.

The problem I'm having is that I'm trying to enable stone forts for all cultures. While this works for North-Europe, Middle-Eastern etc, it doesn't work for Gondor & I suspect it to be because of gondor's different culture. That's why I wanted to know more about it.
    Last edited by Chromium; April 28, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Ah, yes, the terminology is a bit messy there, and seldom do folks mean the technical, real, culture when they talk about culture (as most don't know the difference); there's indeed culture > religion and culture > ui & codes

No, that should, from the top of my head, simply be because gondor is a custom made culture for TATW (as the name reveal) and has no fort to use.
    However not handled that myself before, nor is this the thread for this kind of matters. I suggest you check out the Mod Workshop for solutions; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...2-Mod-Workshop
    or start a thread there to ask, in appropriate section

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks for your patience & help, Ngugi. I'll look in mod workshops but from what you said & my tests with the files, it seems impossible for someone of my skills. I guess I'll wait & hope MOS 1.5 will have Gondor stone forts.

No pro'

Think this contain all what you need to know http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=forts
    (and, I'm very positive, a lot you don't need so try to sort carefully when reading hehe, so you don't stuck on things you do not need anyway; an easy trap otherwise)

In the VH/VH campaign I posted in the "Who am I?"-thread, I maxed out Annúminas' population at 114.000 and despite 1.5% pop growth it never rose. Is that max on purpose? Is it different for other settlements?

knight of meh's Avatar Primicerius

most likely it is the hardcoded limit ... there always has to be one

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

General question: Does anyone remember (vaguely) by what turn number Osgiliath is able to be re-built? I haven't played a Gondor game through in so long (not to mention vanilla) that I really can't remember. If you remember in a MOS game (or other sub-mod) that's also helpful info, just be sure to mention which one.

I know gameplay has a huge effect on this, but I'm specifically looking for closer to the "never exterminated the population" end of the spectrum.

Thanks!

Mank, the amount of turns required for a specific amount of population:

=LOG(A1/B1)/LOG(1+C1/100)

Where A1 is the final amount of population you want (in this case 26000 I believe?), B1 is the current amount of population and C1 is the growth%.

So if my city currently has 2000 population and 3% population growth, how many turns does it take to reach 8000 population?

=LOG(8000/2000)/LOG(1+3/100)
    =47

You can paste the formula with the A1, B1 and C1 in Excel on cell D1. Then you can change the other cells to whatever you like to see how the population growth % affects the real growth.
    Keep in mind that as the city grows, squalor increases, which in turn decreases the population growth. The 47 turns in my example is therefore not completely accurate. The real amount of turns will be closer to 50-60.
    In it for the rep.

Except of course for the fact that the % pop growth falls as population actually grows. Even the best governor has only 1- 1.5% near to the upgrade.

Edit, Ninja-ed by Wizad himself. That will teach me to read the entire post before replying...

Good nighjt all.

Hi there,

Is there a way to find out the difficulty level of a game once you're playing? I started playing a game again which I started long time ago and quit playing. But I'm not sure if it's vh/vh or not.

Mank's Avatar Dormouse of Hader

I don't think there is any feature built into the game that lets you check it. The only tool I've heard of that lets you see this kind of thing is MedManager, which lets to change game/ battle difficulty as well as several other features of your savegame (Link).

@Wizad, thanks for the formula! I should be able to get a ballpark estimation with it.

Icon5 Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

hi can somebody help me i want to move a unit from the sundering rise of the witch king to third age

You will need to ask in the modding thread for that. I believe it is a quite a task with lots of work. But ask there.

Edit, that is; here.