Page 69 of 167 FirstFirst ... 194459606162636465666768697071727374757677787994119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nexor View Post
    Does this mean I am missing out content? Is there some stuff in 3.1 that's not in 3.2? Would you recommend installing 3.1?
    Yes x3

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Alright thanks a lot

Now I have to start the campaign the third time ^.^

knicolas2's Avatar Senator

one question about the install directory:
    is the only possibity /sega/medieval total war 2 / mods ... or can i change it somewhere else , aslong as mtw2 is installed?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty certain it has to be in M2TW/Mods so the batch can find kingdoms.exe. You could try redoing the path in the .bat, but I'm not sure it'd work.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

hi, i have 2 quick questions:

1. I was looking in descr_projectile and was wondering if there are other differences between "projectile elite_bodkin_arrow" and "projectile elite_mass_bodkin_arrow" besides the accuracy??

2. In the EDU the attribute "extreme_range" gives any bonus to the range besides that in the stat_pri??

thx
    Last edited by LethaL; February 15, 2013 at 05:04 PM.

The movements bonus of my constructed roads are applied to every faction (not only my personal faction).... is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by YassirX View Post
    The movements bonus of my constructed roads are applied to every faction (not only my personal faction).... is this correct?
    Yes
    Last edited by zax; February 16, 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LethaL View Post
    hi, i have 2 quick questions:

1. I was looking in descr_projectile and was wondering if there are other differences between "projectile elite_bodkin_arrow" and "projectile elite_mass_bodkin_arrow" besides the accuracy??

2. In the EDU the attribute "extreme_range" gives any bonus to the range besides that in the stat_pri??

thx
    Look for any tutorial on the matter in the Mod Workshop http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1015
    or ask in the discussion thread there http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=276
    to get answer to such modding-questions (there the skilled folk gather to help each other out with these kind of matters)

Quote Originally Posted by YassirX View Post
    Yes, and the other way around

@ zax
    If you are not gonna reply, don't post please

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post

@ zax
    If you are not gonna reply, don't post please
    Finally can type, or at least forum saves my messages. For some reason whenever I was hiting Save/Preview message, it was deleted and forum returned message "post at least 1 letter"

Dunno the reason, really. Sorry for inconvenience.

Such things happends, no worry

Default character age files

hi all; i searched around the forum and the web in general, but i did not find anything related to maximum age of characters; i know that in TATW, character live on average 120 years, which means that one characters lasts for more that 300 turns (if it is not too much old from the begininng...)

my question is: what file/files was/were modified respect with the vanilla?

Foederatus

Hello, I'm interested in somehow adding the reunited kingdom from baron (or PCP) to MOS, but I am a complete noob with these things. I would deeply appreciate insights on whether it's possible, legal, and how would I go about it. I imagine I would need to learn some stuff from the mod section, but I would appreciate pointers in that section as I don't know it well. Thanks a lot!

Hope no one is too harsh, I'm a complete noob!

Default Re: character age files

Quote Originally Posted by AncalagonBlack View Post
    hi all; i searched around the forum and the web in general, but i did not find anything related to maximum age of characters; i know that in TATW, character live on average 120 years, which means that one characters lasts for more that 300 turns (if it is not too much old from the begininng...)

my question is: what file/files was/were modified respect with the vanilla?
    In the data-folder you can edit descr_campaign_db.xml by changing

old_age [when character is likley to die I suppose, set to 120 in TATW]
    max_age [is at what is said to be max possible for the engine to allow already: 150]
    max_age_before_death [is set at 165, dunno why]

Quote Originally Posted by abanner99 View Post
    Hello, I'm interested in somehow adding the reunited kingdom from baron (or PCP) to MOS, but I am a complete noob with these things. I would deeply appreciate insights on whether it's possible, legal, and how would I go about it. I imagine I would need to learn some stuff from the mod section, but I would appreciate pointers in that section as I don't know it well. Thanks a lot!

Hope no one is too harsh, I'm a complete noob!
    It is possible, and perfectly OK as long as you do not share the result with other people without the permission from the creators

You would need learn a bunch of scripting, as scripts make things happen, such as changes in ownerships of regions, enable units and buildings for a faction that previously was unavilable etc

You need to learn coding behind at least buildings and units (as I assume there's such changes in what can be built or recruted afterwards; have never played this feature from Baron's)

I presume traits and ancillaries are affected, so you have to look into that

2D gprahic aspects would need to be covered most likley, concerning faction icons, unit cards, buildings cards and ancillaries

All in all it is a big and complicated task because it is an advanced feature of Baron's; big part reason why MOS never put effort into creating one of our own

Is there any way/method/console/cheat of killing multiple enemy generals?
    I keep experiencing CTD when I eliminate Harad, and a forum search leads me to believe left over generals of Harad are causing CTD when I conquer their last settlement.

I know I could toggle_fow + character_reset + auto_win attacker to kill every family member of Harad, but that is a lot of cheating and was wondering if there was more elegant way of killing enemy generals.

Default So...... Where are we?

OK, there is a very good version out and all that, but is that it? by no means i am complaning or anything, i just whant to know.

Will there be further versions? Updates?

Default Re: So...... Where are we?

Quote Originally Posted by GuilhermeBenev View Post
    OK, there is a very good version out and all that, but is that it? by no means i am complaning or anything, i just whant to know.

Will there be further versions? Updates?
    Unknown.
    KK has made no comments and only he knows; it may be worked upon with full power or 3.2 may been the last version.

I play a campaign as mordor and i wanted to get the one ring, the most recent place for it was in mithlond so i gathered an army and conquered the settlement. However the ring had moved to imladris, although i was beseiging it so i didnt think it was a problem. A couple of turns later imladris surrenders and the general who i thought had the ring; died. The problem is I didnt get the one ring. The message about where the ring was located came up when i was already seiging the city so there's no way it could have moved. I used a Nazgul to capture the settlement if that has anything to do with it? Is this a bug or have i just failed in some manor.

Welcome to TWC White_pigeon!

1) You have to stay one turn with the general in the settlement before a general can get the Ring
    2) The max amount of ancillaries a general can get is 8, so be sure your general(s) do not have that many already

What are the benefits of the shieldwall ability? Is it only useful against missiles?
    Another Shogun2 Commentary

daelin4:
    Post edited. -Craig
    CraigTW:
    I don't like to reopen threads, but I honestly think there are some legit points in the original thread, which I'll reopen.