Page 64 of 167 FirstFirst ... 143954555657585960616263646566676869707172737489114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Hello Falcon123, welcome to TWC

More population = more squalor
    More squalor = less pop growth

In TATW no city/castle that do not start as one can become the greatest level from M2, from manly lore and also gameplay reasons.

cheers

Edit: Ninjad by DrDragun ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default occupying orc towns

When conquering an orc town as a good faction, is it better to destroy all buildings and start over or just leave as is?

Default Re: occupying orc towns

Quote Originally Posted by jeebussn View Post
    When conquering an orc town as a good faction, is it better to destroy all buildings and start over or just leave as is?
    Leave it, you can use all buildings except the troll-building (that can be torn down for money) and have no negative impact on your settlement (that they are built by another culture will not cause unrest)

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    In TATW no city/castle that do not start as one can become the greatest level from M2, from manly lore and also gameplay reasons.
    Is that why, even though when I hover over the population counter in Imladris, it says 28,000 for the next level, when I finally broke that lvl a few turns ago, I could not upgrade? I have been wasting my time trying to grow Imladris and other settlements beyond large city and fortress?
    And let me guess, the Noldor Gaurdians are only recruitable in Imladris at Huge lvl, which it can not get to?

By leaving the orc settlement as is will I still be able to upgrade the towns defenses

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Is that why, even though when I hover over the population counter in Imladris, it says 28,000 for the next level, when I finally broke that lvl a few turns ago, I could not upgrade? I have been wasting my time trying to grow Imladris and other settlements beyond large city and fortress?
    And let me guess, the Noldor Gaurdians are only recruitable in Imladris at Huge lvl, which it can not get to?
    You play MOS? Best to check there, with a consideration to if you play with any MOS submod as well; not at all sure atm what's the case with Imladris, only that I'm sceptical to weither it can be upgraded as it's a custom settlement on both maps (they have restrictions to how and if they can be upgraded or they would return into vanilla cities/forts)

Quote Originally Posted by jeebussn View Post
    By leaving the orc settlement as is will I still be able to upgrade the towns defenses
    Yes

You play MOS? Best to check there...
    Will do.
    By the way, what exactly do the Sculptor's Workshops do?

Saw that While I was second in command of MOS for a long time that part of the modding was never my area, so better the current active team reply on it

It give a pop growth bonus
    From the EDB:
    Code:
                capability
                {
                    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { egypt, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1

Is it hidden? When I select them for building it does not show up in settlement details.

Hmm, darn, the line ends with
    Code:
    event_counter is_the_ai 1
    Assume it mean it only applies for AI then

This is my bad, if to compensate the loss (as it is caused by a fault not on your part) open the console [click on the key for ~ or ö or ø or alike depending on keyboard] and type
    add_money 7500
    and press enter. Close the console with same button
    (7500 is what it costed, right? Otherwise edit the sum)
    Last edited by Ngugi; February 06, 2013 at 09:38 PM.

^ Or he can take out the event counter ai. That is whats what I do.

Hmm, darn, the line ends with
    Code:
    event_counter is_the_ai 1
    Assume it mean it only applies for AI then

This is my bad, if to compensate the loss (as it is caused by a fault not on your part) open the console [click on the key for ~ or ö or ø or alike depending on keyboard] and type
    add_money 7500
    and press enter. Close the console with same button
    (7500 is what it costed, right? Otherwise edit the sum)
    Hmm, I've actually built them in a lot of settlements, figuring they had some use, and I would find out what it was eventually. It does seem rediculous, however, to have (very expensive) buildings available to the Player, that do absolutely nothing. I wonder if that was a mistake/oversight...

Steward Denethor, is that save game compatible? I'm some 300 turns in now...

Then indeed do as Denethor suggest; it's compatible
    Remove the struck out part from the export_descr_buildings.txt
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    building icon_art
    {
        levels ikoner_studio master_ikoner_studio 
        {
            ikoner_studio city requires factions { egypt, }
            {
                capability
                {
                    population_growth_bonus bonus 1 requires factions { egypt, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1
                }
                material wooden
                construction  4
                cost  7500 
                settlement_min town
                upgrades
                {
                    master_ikoner_studio
                }
            }
            master_ikoner_studio city requires factions { egypt, }
            {
                capability
                {
                    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { egypt, } and event_counter is_the_ai 1
                }
                material wooden
                construction  5
                cost  10000 
                settlement_min large_town
                upgrades
                {
                }
            }
        }
        plugins 
        {
        }
    }

Hi there again ..

Which are the conditions for retraining my unit? do i have to have 1 Unit of the same Type ready in the Barracks or something like that?
    it feels strange in the game cause sometimes i can retrain and sometimes not (in the same city same unit type) and i still dont get it completly.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Yes, it depends on how many units/soldiers are available in the recruitment pool and how many soldiers you need. If you have a unit at half strength, for example, and you must wait 4 turns before you can recruit a full unit, you will be able to retrain the half unit in 2 turns.

To retrain your unit to give it an armor upgrade, you only need the required blacksmith. This means you already have a Swan Knight, and you take it to Minas Tirith where your highest level blacksmith is. Even though you cannot train Swan Knights there, you will be able to give the unit the armor upgrade.
    To retrain your unit in order to replenish its lost soldiers, you need the amount of troops waiting in the barracks that your unit misses. So if your unit only has 1 soldier out of 250, you need a full unit available for recruitment to replenish it. If your unit misses half of its soldiers, you need half a unit available in the barracks to replenish it. Just look at the recruitment tab in the settlement when you retrain your army after a battle and you will understand how it works.
    In it for the rep.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

You also need enough culture.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

I'm currently playing a Gondor campaign, I've been besieging Umbar for about 4-5 turns.
    There was a big Harad army which was about to aid Umbar in the siege... it was only about 2 turns away.
    After I ended my turn the army disappeared and I think its completely gone.

My question is, what are the circumstances for this to occur?

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

I believe that the AI was just simply so stupid that they desided to move it away. AFAIK, there are no scripts of that to occur.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
    I believe that the AI was just simply so stupid that they desided to move it away. AFAIK, there are no scripts of that to occur.
    ...could be possible, but as I do not use toggle_fow, I cant be for certain about it's state.
    Is it possible that the AI had to disband the army cause of economic problems?

I do not follow enemy movements on the campaign map (disabled), so it's possible that the army did retreat without me noticing it...
    Last edited by YassirX; February 07, 2013 at 12:54 PM.