Page 61 of 167 FirstFirst ... 113651525354555657585960616263646566676869707186111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

No, nobody know anything about it (beside KK obviously but he do not share powe... I mean knowledge )

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    You can't.
    Some of us can try... and then give it to you.

He han not check the guild points was my point

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Is there any way to remove soldiers from an invasion/counter-invasion? I can make my general abandon it, but I get a warning that my entire army will desert the next turn if they don't join an invasion force, saying "they want someone who will get the job done".

If my general abandons it, and the army stack no longer has an invasion symbol, why aren't the soldiers reverting to normal?

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

After reforging arnor, general bodyguards are still Mounted Dunedain BG. Is there a way to refresh all generals or to do something else so next turn i get arnor bodyguards ?

Quote Originally Posted by RuleBritannia View Post
    Is there any way to remove soldiers from an invasion/counter-invasion? I can make my general abandon it, but I get a warning that my entire army will desert the next turn if they don't join an invasion force, saying "they want someone who will get the job done".

If my general abandons it, and the army stack no longer has an invasion symbol, why aren't the soldiers reverting to normal?
    Beacuse the Invasion is to the engine just the Crusade renamed.
    And while a lord might abandon the crusade the proper faithful soldiers who joined won't fail their oaths to God and Pope (one and the same guy in the Invasion), and so the Crusade is programmed

Quote Originally Posted by Matosh View Post
    After reforging arnor, general bodyguards are still Mounted Dunedain BG. Is there a way to refresh all generals or to do something else so next turn i get arnor bodyguards ?
    Not for generals already in game (might be wrong in this case but think it's so), unless perhaps by using Withwnar's Body Guard Switcher, which is not saved game compatible
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=490115

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

Not for generals already in game (might be wrong in this case but think it's so), unless perhaps by using Withwnar's Body Guard Switcher, which is not saved game compatible
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=490115
    Will this work with MOS 1.41 + Expanded Map + Enhanced Ancillaries + CRM ?

If i on the beginning of campaign change Mounted Dunedain BG to Arnor BG in descr_strat will new coming generals have also Arnor BG?

When im playing as Arnor will new coming generals have Arnor BG or they will still have Dunedain BG (without editing descr_strat)?

No, they are not compatible

Yes, then they will have it from start (however not those generals who mature or get adopted after start until Arnor is reforged)

IIRC the new ones will be Arnor BG

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

No, they are not compatible

Yes, then they will have it from start (however not those generals who mature or get adopted after start until Arnor is reforged)

IIRC the new ones will be Arnor BG
    So, on the beginning of campaign, my current generals will have Arnor BG and when new generals get adopted they will not have Arnor BG, but after Arnor is reforged new adopted generals will start to have Arnor BG ?

To my knowledge, yes

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

To my knowledge, yes
    Hmm... is there a file that contains list of adopted generals for each faction or ... ?

"he do not share powe... I mean knowledge"

Knowledge IS power!

Hmm... is there a file that contains list of adopted generals for each faction or ... ?
    No, that's random

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Nope, the game does not create files of an on-going or finished campaign (except the save-game of course), descr_strat determines the setup on turn 0, the game doesn't keep track of stuff like this, it tracks nothing really.

I don't know what's going on, but I'm getting frequent announcements of Mordor and Rohan going to war. Every few turns, I'm reported again that they're going at it. They never make peaces between turns, but it's like the game doesn't properly put them at war. Is this a bug or is it just AI diplomats being whacky?

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Nope, the game does not create files of an on-going or finished campaign (except the save-game of course), descr_strat determines the setup on turn 0, the game doesn't keep track of stuff like this, it tracks nothing really.
    I was thinking on a file that is already created during installation of the mod, names of generals that will be adopted like for example: names of brides, those generals and brides have to come from somewhere?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

You want the descr_names file in the data folder.

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

Thanks

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

If you only want the names of possible characters you can check out descr_names, but you can't know what kind of generals will be given to you by the game. All stats and traits are randomly generated and the bodyguard is generated depending on which unit is your factions default BG.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Matosh's Avatar Libertus

I know, the only solution for me to play fully as Arnor is to change Dunedain BG to Arnor BG in descr_strat and reforge Arnor on start. I just dont like having general bodyguards not in new armor etc. while having new fresh army and i also use my generals everytime on the field to lead cavalry charges.