Page 5 of 167 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055105 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

As far as the hard-coding of M2TW goes, what frequently suggested changes/requests/poorlythoughtoutdemands can't be attempted because of it?
    How does this affect ambitions to expand the mod further?

I revoked independence from the Shire in my Eriador game thinking that I could then recruit hobbit troops instead of waiting for them to spawn. They don't show up on the build lists, so it looks like I can't get any more hobbits at all. Is there a way to grant then independence back? Now the smials are causing unrest, and while I could destroy the buildings, I don't want to ruin my immersion with an ethnic cleansing campaign against the hobbits.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Pereira View Post
    when i'm playing the campaign the other factions diplomats stay near a town and do some kind of animation every turn , what are they doing?
    Some have suggested that they are trying to bribe your general and/or settlement. It usually means they're thinking about going to war with you. To get them to stop, send you own diplomat and offer them something such as map information and that usually gets them to stop. Or... you could send an assassin.

Orc Warlord's Avatar Libertus

Speaking of diplomats, I had an interesting experience just the other day.

If someone had asked me if a diplomat could be killed by a military unit, I would have answered in the negative.

But I did just that, the other day.

As most of you know, the approach to Moria (from the Silvan land side) narrows down to a single width space for the last two or three spaces in front of the entrance. Most of you also know that when a military unit (troop) enters the same space with a spy, diplomat, assassin or preist unit, the non-military unit is displaced (moved).

Now, my army stack was approaching Moria. The Dale diplomat was in front of my units. No problem, I moved into his space (one space away from the front door). He obligingly moved forward one space, directly in front of the entrance to Moria. Having lost my spy a couple of turns earlier, I ventured to send one of my lesser units forward to the door to peek at what the OotMM had in place at that time.

When I sent the one unit forward, I expected the diplomat to be displaced, backwards this time. I expected him to immediately displace again, to the rear, ending behind all of my troopers.

Instead he was crushed against the door and died.

Does this also work in vanilla M2TW? I have never encountered a thing, and in my Americas campaign I have frog-marched many a Sun-Priest out of New Spains land.

Has this happened to any one else?

Or is it just me?

usmarine2be's Avatar Miles

I don't remember where but somewhere I read that if you surround an agent with a square of your stacks then move a single unit onto the agent's tile, that agent will die. I believe I read that somewhere in the Stainless Steel forums but I may be wrong.

Orc Warlord's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by usmarine2be View Post
    I don't remember where but somewhere I read that if you surround an agent with a square of your stacks then move a single unit onto the agent's tile, that agent will die. I believe I read that somewhere in the Stainless Steel forums but I may be wrong.
    ah-ha.

Well, another little tidbit that I may use somewhere, sometime.

Some of the non-military units of the other factions get on my nerves, from time to time. This may be a way to alleviate some of the unwanted attention from those jokers.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I read about something similar in the Westeros forum a couple of days ago. Its supposebly the easiest way to get rid of enemy agents
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Vitez's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Eldar

Hi.

How do I recruit eldar units(playing as High elves)????

TheGifer's Avatar Foederatus

Omg, I just realized I have 3 folders named "world", as a result 3 campaing_script files!!! I have to manually delete the scripts from each one of them, but how do i know which one i real? I have a third age folder into the tird age folder

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Eldar

You need the proper military building and the Barracks Event. The Eldar are not an AOR-unit, so don't worry, you CAN recruit them everywhere.

These kinds of questions belong to the new Questions and Answers-thread that MBA started, which you can find Here! Please, in the future, ask these questions there.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Vitez's Avatar Miles

TNx

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheGifer View Post
    Omg, I just realized I have 3 folders named "world", as a result 3 campaing_script files!!! I have to manually delete the scripts from each one of them, but how do i know which one i real? I have a third age folder into the tird age folder
    Yeah, there could be tons of other files mixed up too. Best bet is to uninstall and then reinstall.

TheGifer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Yeah, there could be tons of other files mixed up too. Best bet is to uninstall and then reinstall.
    In one of those files I found the words Baron's samedis so I am sure I have to uninstall and then delete everything, then reinstal ...thank you for the help

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

In order to restore Arnor I must take both North and South Tharbad or just North?

I believe it's both, but don't quote me on that.

Originally Posted by PapaRosario
    Thank you very much for your response Bababigna. I'm sure all of the people from 2006 will be very grateful for your input.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by mindOverdrive View Post
    In order to restore Arnor I must take both North and South Tharbad or just North?
    From another thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11979655
    Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    No, you only need North Tharbad.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

Hi

I have been playing as FPoE and have found the One Ring and I have taken it to the White Council. I now have the option to either 1. take it to Mount Doom or 2. Allow another faction to dispose of the ring.

-I do not feel ready to take the Ring to Mount Doom as my faction is not strong enough yet. Is there a time limit on how long I can take to dispose of the Ring? Is there a penalty if I take too long?
    -Alternatively what are the implications of allowing another faction to take the Ring to Mount Doom please?
    -If I dont take the Ring to Mount Doom yet, is there any way to minimise the risk of me losing it?

Many thanks

Alc

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've got no idea how the other faction takes it works, but if you accept to take it yourself you have 25 turns to destroy it. Then all good factions declares war on you
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Laetus

Thanks for that. Does anyone have any more answers for me please? I found if I decline the Council's request to take The Ring to Mount Doom I lose some rep with the Free Peoples

Many Thanks

Alc.

Can someone explain to me why the city suqare of Minas Tirith is on the third level instead on the top? Has this got something to do with impossibility of putting it there or?