Page 46 of 167 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849505152535455567196146 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

As far as I know, the Sculptor's workshop adds guild points to that settlement. The history guild makes culture buildings cheaper. In the version I played, you'd need it to unite the elven factions together too, but if that's possible, it should be clear from the start.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

To recreate or reunite Elven kingdoms is not a vanilla feature.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    The EDU and EDB;

In the EDU add the faction to the lines ownership and era 0-2

In the EDB under either stable, archery or barrack make them an entry so they can be recruted (do this for all levels of the building they should be recrutable from).
    Thanks Ngugi

No pro'
    Don't forget to replicate the unit cards either in UI/unit_info and UI/units to the new faction

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Can someone link to the Reuniting Elven Kingdoms mod? Or post what it does here? What bonusses does it give etc...
    In it for the rep.

Not very helpful I'm afraid http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=269194

It's currently found in MOS and also Baron's I think

Yeah I already went 3 times through that thread. Wasn't that informative.

How many turns does the ring stay in a settlement?
    In it for the rep.

Maybe this question is more about Total War in general, but:
    What can I do against enemy armies marching into or through my territory, after signing cease fire?

Of course I can attack them, but then I declare war and I lose reputation, which becomes annoying when it happens too often. The AI has an automatic -rep penalty if you march through their area too often, but I think it's odd that there's no option to tell the AI to 'move out of my territory' or a diplomat option to ask them to leave your territory at once, or any way to tell them you're angry at their trespassings. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

I have the RR/RC Compilation for 1.4, and I can reunite kingdoms for the High Elves, the Silvan Elves and the Dwarves. Here's what it says in the campaign_script: Middle-Earth Lore submod v0.55 by Aikanár

Here's the whole file so you can see what it does.

Icon3 Archers 1 Turn ??

Hi all im new here but a long time player of this great mod after 2 years of playing i started TATW again and actually i have a question..is there a way to recruit archers in 1 turn/round in the campaign instead of 2 turns ? cause that really sucks !!

Default Re: Archers 1 Turn ??

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Third_Age\data -> export_descr_unit.txt

The information at the top of the file will tell you what you need to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    Maybe this question is more about Total War in general, but:
    What can I do against enemy armies marching into or through my territory, after signing cease fire?

Of course I can attack them, but then I declare war and I lose reputation, which becomes annoying when it happens too often. The AI has an automatic -rep penalty if you march through their area too often, but I think it's odd that there's no option to tell the AI to 'move out of my territory' or a diplomat option to ask them to leave your territory at once, or any way to tell them you're angry at their trespassings. Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!
    Yes....this question I would like to know answer as well. My suspicion is nothing.

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

You could either sell the bordering region to another faction, making them thread on another faction's land, or you can decide to buy a bordering settlement of their hands and sell it to another faction to prevent a shared border there. Apart from that, blocking the way might help in some situation. If there is a natural chokepoint like a bridge or a mountain pass, the AI won't go that way, unless it's certain it can remove your army standing there.

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\mods\Third_Age\data -> export_descr_unit.txt

The information at the top of the file will tell you what you need to change.
    Sorry but i still cant fix it can someone just set a modified Export_desr_unit file that makes all archers in the game recruit in 1 turn.. i would really appreciate it

or just explain me in steps how to do it.. thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by Razgriz89 View Post
    Sorry but i still cant fix it can someone just set a modified Export_desr_unit file that makes all archers in the game recruit in 1 turn.. i would really appreciate it

or just explain me in steps how to do it.. thanks..
    Look for the units you want to fix.
    Ex:
    Code:
    ;#################################################################
    ;##########################  HIGH ELVES  #########################
    ;################################################################# 
    type             Elf Archer2
    dictionary       Elf_Archer2      ; Bow Quendi
    category         infantry
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy
    banner faction   main_missile
    banner holy      crusade
    soldier          quendi_bow, 48, 0, 1
    officer          highel_captain_early_flag
    mount_effect     elephant +3
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, extreme_range, very_hardy, can_withdraw, free_upkeep_unit
    move_speed_mod   1.1
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 3
    stat_pri         9, 2, elven_arrow, 170, 35, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         7, 2, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 0, 1
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  1, 6, 0, leather
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        2
    stat_ground      0, -1, 0, -1
    stat_mental      11, normal, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 15
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        2, 480, 200, 75, 75, 480, 4, 100
    (...)
    The first number in the stat_cost entry is the amount of turns to recrute, in this case 2. If you want HE's first tier archer to be recrutable in one turn, simply change the 2 into a 1 and save
    Last edited by Ngugi; January 07, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FC Groningen View Post
    You could either sell the bordering region to another faction, making them thread on another faction's land, or you can decide to buy a bordering settlement of their hands and sell it to another faction to prevent a shared border there. Apart from that, blocking the way might help in some situation. If there is a natural chokepoint like a bridge or a mountain pass, the AI won't go that way, unless it's certain it can remove your army standing there.
    Thanks for the tips .
    I'm playing Silvan Elves in MoS now, just captured Dol Guldur and signed cease fire with Mordor. However, they keep running through my territory to attack Rhosgobel (which is owned by Lorien Elves) and I can't stand their armies passing so close to me, have to keep a large stack in Dol Guldur *just in case*. It's tough enough to pay the upkeep for my armies in the war with the OotMM, who kept running into my territory at Beorn's Halls (all the way into the forests of Mirkwood!) and it's just strange that you can't punish their trespassing behaviour in a way that doesn't penalize you.

I might try to block the southern forest entrance to Dol Guldur, will see if it'll help. Thanks again!
    ~~ Happiness lies in contentment ~~

Aldor's Avatar Campidoctor

TATW 3.2 (hotseat mode)

Turn: 30

Question1: Does this building gives me any advantage before the barracks event (apart from law bonus)?
    Question2: Does the building induces the first barracks event if build in a large city?

Retired GS member, admin and local moderator in Hotseat Subforum. Voted best TATW admin.

Completing a new barracks resets the recruitment cooldowns as well. In your case it unlocks 1 quendi so no big deal. But when you start conquering territories in Mordor, it can be a big deal to reset 20+ turn cooldowns for an Eldar Sword and Eldar Spear. Try to time it such that on the exact turn you reach the culture requirements for the top units, the barracks finishes. Then instead of the unit greyed out for 20 turns you can build them immediately.

Does the building induces the first barracks event if build in a large city?
    I don't think it's possible to 'induce' a barracks event. The barracks event is simply set to occur at turn 41 with no exceptions or %chances as far I am aware.
    In it for the rep.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

@Wizad, the Ring stays in a settlement for ten turns.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!