Page 3 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853103 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

In 2.1 there was a chariot unit with a Sauron riding it, but for some reason it wasn't used. I don't know if it's still included
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HarryXDA View Post
    Guys, what spec PC is required to run this game smoothly? As my current PC doesn't cut it (It's more my GPU being 5 years old and one of the onboard ones)

Would a Radeon 6670 do?
    The game runs on M2TW, so you can basically go by those requirements.

http://www.gamespot.com/medieval-ii-total-war/techinfo/

Hello, I'm pretty new to this mod I've just started downloaded 3.2 and I was just searching through the submods forum to find any that I'd like to have in place at the start. I've heard about a Good vs Evil submod for older versions so I was wondering whether this was in place from the start in 3.2 and if not could you direct me towards one that will work? Danke Schon
    Last edited by TLG; September 04, 2012 at 05:15 PM.

can saruman be dark lord by some reason?

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

TLG: I don't think that you can find it at any other place than Baron's. I'm not sure. It may be in MOS, so check it out. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419958.

The-Defender: I don't think so. Not exactly sure what you mean by "becoming the Dark Lord", but never heard of anything like that.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

How do I deactivate the enemy army spamming? I win battle after battle at ridiculous odds, but my victories are worthless since they always have new armies popping out of nowhere. Recently I was on my way to Carn Dûm (playing as Eriador), saw that there was only 3 units inside and 2 outside the settlement, and ended the turn. Next turn their garrison got like half a stack of units, maybe more ! I didn't even besiege them! I understand the idea of making the game a bit more difficult, but this is ridiculous. It's against strategy. There should be the option to turn it off when the campaign start.

So, how do I get rid of this?

You can try deleting the Last Stand script and the Help Weakened Faction script.

TheGifer's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    You can try deleting the Last Stand script and the Help Weakened Faction script.
    how can I do this? tell me plz, I have the same problem...

Go into the campaign_script file and find the lines that say Last Stand and Help Weakened Faction. Then delete all lines underneath that until you get to the next script. The beginning of scripts are marked with numerous ##### signs. I believe the script after LS and HWF is the Osgiliath rebuild script.

The description of High Elven recruitment buildings states that they are most productive in forest regions, but I've noticed no difference between forest and grassland regions (ie I can recruit 2 Sword Quendi at a Town Watch in both cases and so on). Is it a description oversight or is there something I haven't noticed?

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

It's not the maximum number of units available for recruitment but the replenishment time. If you recruited both sword quendi units in a forest region it may be 5 turns before they become available again. However, recruit both in a grassland region and it may be 10 turns before the next one is available.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Alaeron View Post
    The description of High Elven recruitment buildings states that they are most productive in forest regions, but I've noticed no difference between forest and grassland regions (ie I can recruit 2 Sword Quendi at a Town Watch in both cases and so on). Is it a description oversight or is there something I haven't noticed?
    You can recrute as many, but it takes more turns before a new unit is avilable.
    If it takes (to make it easy) 10 turns in a grassland region it will take 7½ in forest IIRC

Edit: ninjad again (hello ElvenKind, if you see this )
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 06, 2012 at 12:59 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

That's strange, so why could I only recruit only one unit of Miners from the most basic barracks when I took some plains as the Dwarves, and two in the mountains? Is it different sometimes or was it just a difference in barrack levels that I didn't notice?

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It gotta be a difference in barrack levels
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Macunaíma's Avatar Campidoctor

Regarding my previous question, if I delete the scripts will the changes be save game compatible?

Hey Guys 1 question whats the status of the Elven Overhaul Project by Louis Lux, Yarrum, ect. I know that the High Elves did get the Overhaul for TATW 3.0 so i suppose that the Silvan's will get one in the future since they look now "oldie" compare to HE just asking whats the status on that if any of the TATW Team knows.

Quote Originally Posted by mindOverdrive View Post
    Regarding my previous question, if I delete the scripts will the changes be save game compatible?
    No. You will still be able to play your old save games, but the script changes won't be in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Lor'themar the Great View Post
    Hey Guys 1 question whats the status of the Elven Overhaul Project by Louis Lux, Yarrum, ect. I know that the High Elves did get the Overhaul for TATW 3.0 so i suppose that the Silvan's will get one in the future since they look now "oldie" compare to HE just asking whats the status on that if any of the TATW Team knows.
    Last I heard LL had a new job, which left him with almost no time for modding. I think someone else is going to have to take up the mantle for making new Silvan units.

Last I heard LL had a new job, which left him with almost no time for modding. I think someone else is going to have to take up the mantle for making new Silvan units.
    Ohh I See well lets see who will take the mantle then .
    Thanks for the answer StealthFox

Default Constant retraining. Bug?

Hi,

After I've upgraded my cities to the largest possible and got the guilds etc. No matter how much retraining I do, I always have to do more. Even when I create a totally new unit, the next turn I will have the option of retraining them. They have all the upgrades etc. so I have no idea as to why they are still requiring it. Every unit in my castles needs to be retrained. It's ridiculous. Anyone know why?

Regards,
    Mike

TheGifer's Avatar Foederatus

Go into the campaign_script file and find the lines that say Last Stand and Help Weakened Faction. Then delete all lines underneath that until you get to the next script. The beginning of scripts are marked with numerous ##### signs. I believe the script after LS and HWF is the Osgiliath rebuild script.
    I cant find the last stand script, but I deleted the other, what do those 2 scripts doing? and what if i delete the Garrison Script Version 1.3, will this stop the army spawn when I besiege AI settlemends?