Page 28 of 167 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637385378128 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

It's probably never going to happen. Stuff that's easy in M2TW and Rome can be almost impossible in the newer games, mostly looking at mapping. Maybe if Rome 2 is as easily moddable as the old games it would happen, but I very much doubt it
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    It's probably never going to happen. Stuff that's easy in M2TW and Rome can be almost impossible in the newer games, mostly looking at mapping. Maybe if Rome 2 is as easily moddable as the old games it would happen, but I very much doubt it
    Ok. But it would be really a big step for "Lord of the Ring" fans .

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    for what i see on that ,the majority wants the mods to moove on up to up s2

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

That doesn't mean KK will do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    That doesn't mean KK will do it
    Neither im saying that to.I just made questions im not saying that you have to.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Even if he did make another LOTR mod for Shogun 2, it would probably not have nearly as much of a lotr-feel as TATW. Every city would be a feudal japanese fortress (Unless they figure out a way to make custom settlements, which I doubt), Orcs would be fighting as samurai, no shield animations....

Maybe someone will someday make a lotr mod for Rome 2, if it proves to be moddable enough, but even that is far from a certainty.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

I believe that TW games since MTW2 are very unmoddable. Until CA changes that policy, there will be no EB3, TATW2, etc.

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

@Macirille: Yeah, that's sadly true... However, since CA released the modding tools for Shogun 2 they have shown to care about their modding community, which gives me some hope for the moddability of R2TW.

Anyways, let's not discuss that over here. It's a question thread, after all
    Last edited by Dwarven Berserker; November 29, 2012 at 09:28 AM.
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day

Rauros's Avatar Foederatus

posted on October 31, 2012
    I don't get it! Playing as Isengard I get a message that the Shire people want their independence. So, I click yes, but that does not seem to change anything. Next turn same message, next turn again? What do these hobbits want me to do?
    I have the same problem and i didn't find a solution. I am not using any sub mods and I'm running 3.2 what should I do to fix this ?

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Do you have any diplomats in the Shire regions?

I'm with the guys up above me. You might have to take over all of Eriador before you can give them autonomy, which sort of makes sense. But diplomats in the shire are to remove autonomy, so I don't see how that will help.

If anyone knows how to handle this, please share.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Because the game is scripted so that a diplomat allow you to remove the authonomy as noted. Thus if a forgotten or placed diplomat at the Shire perhaps that could be the issue, I presume is what Mhaedros is getting at.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

This is probably a general M2TW question, but still... During sieges where you actually assault instead of waiting it out, how do you make the enemies towers STOP attacking you? I started a dwarf campaign and have been told about how much they are little mini-tanks and to just assault orcs and such to avoid death by fast little skirmishers. Well, I have done so at Dain's Halls but when sieging it, I've taken a good beating. Not from the orcs themselves but from the constant tower attack. Maybe I'm too used to years of RTW where you pop your best stuff via siege tower on the walls, take the gateway, then run around the walls capturing each section so you now get the tower to fire on the defenders. Is there even a way to counter this? Cause once I'm IN the fortress/city now...I just get shot from behind.
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the only way is to destroy the towers with artillery units. It's quite annoying, but afaik there is no fix to it

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Arlin View Post
    Maybe I'm too used to years of RTW where you pop your best stuff via siege tower on the walls, take the gateway, then run around the walls capturing each section so you now get the tower to fire on the defenders. Is there even a way to counter this? Cause once I'm IN the fortress/city now...I just get shot from behind.
    It works the same way in M2TW. You take the gate/towers by running through/near them. Your forces must outnumber the enemy though and there must be troops near the tower/gate for them to be "garrisoned" for arrow loosing. If there are no enemy troops near the gate they shouldn't be loosing arrows at all.

Rauros's Avatar Foederatus

I do have a diplomat in the shire, I shall move him and see if that solves the problem (if not the hobbits shall suffer *Maniacally laughs*). Thank you very much for the answers.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

This is probably a general M2TW question, but still... During sieges where you actually assault instead of waiting it out, how do you make the enemies towers STOP attacking you? I started a dwarf campaign and have been told about how much they are little mini-tanks and to just assault orcs and such to avoid death by fast little skirmishers. Well, I have done so at Dain's Halls but when sieging it, I've taken a good beating. Not from the orcs themselves but from the constant tower attack. Maybe I'm too used to years of RTW where you pop your best stuff via siege tower on the walls, take the gateway, then run around the walls capturing each section so you now get the tower to fire on the defenders. Is there even a way to counter this? Cause once I'm IN the fortress/city now...I just get shot from behind.
    It's funny actually because in RTW I think all towers would fire at you, regardless of any nearby enemy units. In M2TW only the towers that have a unit nearby will fire. Then again, your seige towers do not fire anymore either.

But I don't think you should have a huge problem with them, once you defeated the units on/near the wall the towers will stop firing and as Dwarves fighting orcs that shouldn't be a huge problem.

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

Thanks guys. Yeah, they towers only fired while orcs were holding/near them. Soon as they were killed off the towers stopped. Was a bit of a pain because I figured I could send the Dwarven Miners to clear them out so as not to waste my better units. They got eaten up but eh well. I didn't lose anything truly good out of it all. And yes, RTW was like that. Every tower would fire without being garrisoned. Had its pros and cons.
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks guys. Yeah, they towers only fired while orcs were holding/near them. Soon as they were killed off the towers stopped. Was a bit of a pain because I figured I could send the Dwarven Miners to clear them out so as not to waste my better units. They got eaten up but eh well. I didn't lose anything truly good out of it all. And yes, RTW was like that. Every tower would fire without being garrisoned. Had its pros and cons.
    Being able to take a city manned by 2000 people having only a single cavalryman and single footman is a pro or a con?
    (with the timer off, of course)