Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

The actual replenishment rates are determined in the EDB by unit name.
    Here is an example of Gondor Infantry:
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Gondor Infantry" 1 0.08 2 0 requires factions { sicily, } and region_religion numenorian 66 and hidden_resource grasland and not hidden_resource amroth and not hidden_resource pelargir
    recruit_pool "Gondor Infantry" 1 0.04 1 0 requires factions { sicily, } and region_religion numenorian 66 and hidden_resource forest and not hidden_resource amroth and not hidden_resource pelargir
    recruit_pool "Gondor Infantry" 1 0.02 1 0 requires factions { sicily, } and region_religion numenorian 66 and hidden_resource desert or hidden_resource mountains
    As can be seen they have the highest replenishment rate in grasland, followed by forest with half the rate and finally desert or mountains with one quarter of the grasland rate.

This can vary from unit to unit and also by facton type. The only way to be sure is to find the unit in question within the building that is producing it and obtaining the replenishment rate.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by The-Defender View Post
    my ringbearer general became rebel and he hasnt move from then. Also no messege appear to me that i lost the ring and the location with the ringbearer (he is on my region but game shouldnt send me a messege ?) is that right or some bug?
    i kill him with another general but i didnt get the ring and no messege appear yet

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

What things increase squalor? I thought that only generals influence can increase it, but sometimes when my settlements don't have population growth, I take the general out, and suddenly the population of that settlement starts to decrease! And I do have always low tax rates, I check it like every other turn. Does building construction increase it if you do it too much in a few turns?
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

There's quite a lot of things influencing population growth. Population growth is encouraged by farm upgrades, buildings of hapiness like brothels and town halls. High chivalry generals give a growth bonus too.
    Sqaulor decreases pop growth but I have no idea what causes sqaulor. I've always thought that it partially just increases when your settlement grows, generals can get traits that effect squalor and I think the higher brothel levels do but I'm not sure about that.
    I probably missed some things, I'm not an expert on population growth.

hey just 1 question, is it possible to remove the "reduced building capacity" thing from some settlements?

I have checked the FAQ but it didn't seem to address the issue, but what happens if while playing as Mordor I don't get the Ring? Will I keep getting messages that it has been found every once in a while indefinitely, or is there a limit and something happens?

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

You must to conquer the settlement that has the ring and wait, when your general have the ring you must take back to mordor
    JPEmpire is gone!Sauron will conquer all TWC!!!! BUT I can also enjoy the mods (yes I have a computer don't judge Mordor ok?)
    Recommended Mods:
    EUROPA BARBARORUM 2,ROMA SURRECTUM 2,RISE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS,STAINLESS STEEL
    AND
    Dark Lord simulator (Third Age)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaeron View Post
    I have checked the FAQ but it didn't seem to address the issue, but what happens if while playing as Mordor I don't get the Ring? Will I keep getting messages that it has been found every once in a while indefinitely, or is there a limit and something happens?
    Eventually the ring will appear at Barad Dur, if it has appeared in seven settlements and has not been destroyed, claimed by an 'evil' faction or returned to Mordor. (IIRC, would have to check the code be sure about the numbers)

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

I think this would be an ok place to ask this but could I have kind of a list of each factions difficulty.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

If I'm not mistaken, difficulty is no longer listed since 3.2.

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE
    System specs for future reference: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.1 GHz, RAM 8 GB, GeForce GT530 2 GB, HDD 1 TB, everything else ASUS.

The Forgotten's Avatar Domesticus

I don't really mean any official list but just a general Hard, Very Hard, Gondor Hard would work.

Many thanks to the good folks down at the Graphics Workshop for the sig.

How do i enable Boiling Oil again ? Don't Remember the files i needed to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Lor'themar the Great View Post
    How do i enable Boiling Oil again ? Don't Remember the files i needed to change.
    Open the descr_walls.txt file and look for this section of code:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Code:

;  oil_level
    ;  {
    ;   stat  1, 0, oil, 50, 10, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, arrow_tower, 40, 1
    ;   stat_attr no
    ;   shot_sfx TOWER_ARROW_FIRING
    ;   shot_gfx boiling_oil_set
    ;   fire_angle 90
    ;   slot_yaw -135 135
    ;   slot_pitch -95 -70
    ;
    ;   ; unit size   reload_ms flaming_reload_ms 
    ;   fire_rate small  45000  45000
    ;   fire_rate normal 45000  45000
    ;   fire_rate large  45000  45000
    ;   fire_rate huge   45000  45000
    ;  }

Remove alll the semi-colons ; in front of the lines, restart the game and see if that works. This code appears in both big stone walls and huge stone walls gatehouse, so you will have to edit it in both locations that you want the oil enabled for those wall types.

Hope this helps you.
    Last edited by Stylix; August 31, 2012 at 06:19 PM.

Guys, what spec PC is required to run this game smoothly? As my current PC doesn't cut it (It's more my GPU being 5 years old and one of the onboard ones)

Would a Radeon 6670 do?

Libertus

Hi some questions that I couldn't find in the FAQ:

1. What is the new age limit?
    2. How likely is it that eventually you'll be attacked by an ally? (playing as a good faction)
    3. Are there other ways to increase pop growth in castles. My cities do pretty ok but the castles grow very slowly. I know about the farms/general with high respect en so fort, I was hoping for other stuff
    4. I understood elsewhere that the gwyn el gwyrth building (or something) is broken. Is that correct? I build one to check it out but have not received any dance guilds, do you have to build more to gain those?
    5. Are the special abilities of generals transferrable? (therefore connected to a certain ancillary like 'commander of the wardens'?)

Tenx

Uddhava

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

1) Max, IIRC 150 years.

2) Alliances are not possible to break, unless broken by diplomacy

3) Nope, it's intended to be that way, so then you're down to cheats

4) IIRC the building create more guild-points which makes it possible to get guilds, it do not by itself enables any guilds. Build more armourers and you get more guild-points.
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this one

5. Nope, and abilities can only be given [by the creator of the game] to starting generals so don't waste these guys hehe

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Libertus

Ngugi,

Tenx for your reply. So building the gwyrths increases guildpoints for dance guilds so the more I build the more points I get? And armourers aswell?

Thank you

gwyrths create guild points, just as is created when you build armourers-buildings. With enough guildpoints you get the possibilities to build guilds, depending on different criterias such as whats the level of the settlement, what other buildings do you have in that settlements and so. More gwyrths should thus mean more guildpoints so that you'll be able to build dance guild sooner or later [though I've been told the guild points diminish by time if not used]

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Really quick and easy (I hope) question: I often find Wainriders and chariots mentioned in-game as far as Rhun is concerned. Leftovers from previous versions or an intended future addition?

MORDOR 3.2 GUIDE

Left-over possibly, as I do not know how it's mentioned in the texts; either way the TATW-teams perception is that since chariots are not mentioned in war since the days of the Wainriders, some 1000 years before LotR, chariots has no place in TATW beside presumably being mentioned, as the Wainriders was a historically mighty people who challenged Gondor hard before defeat.
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 02, 2012 at 03:24 PM.