Page 16 of 167 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425264166116 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Someone could make a Beorning-unit in it's Bear-form.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Hey again, thanks for the help before . I have another question, how on earth do I go about retraining the Fountain Guard playing as Gondor? Do I have to wait out the ten year period from the start of the game? The highest tech units I currently have are Gondor Swordsmen and Spearmen (not militia), I can also recruit Ithilien Rangers at the moment.

Yes, you need Barracks Event. And Minas Tirith with the proper military building.

Save MERP and TATW!

Thank you very much

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Hi I have a question for the autonomy. If I give the hobbits autonomy and then withdraw all the troops so they get taken and I then retake them will autonomy still be in effect? If not will they rebel or ask for autonomy again when reconquered? The reason I ask is that I would like to give them autonomy and then show them what happens when they have to govern themselves then the little fellows should come hat in hand and ask for me to return their precious order and tranquillity thereby being able to build what I want when I want it without the threat of rebellions.
    I watch and Learn

They will always ask for autonomy from what I've learned. Think of it more of an event than a transaction.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

I have decided to give this mod a try, it looks cool.

I wanna know, is there a mod that removes the region borders or do i have to mod them out myself?

Also, are there some faction bonuses? What i mean is, does Mordor get population bonus due to how massive in numbers the orcs are? Do elves get population decline to simulate that they are leaving middle earth?

Scripted Events? Such as when mordor conquers Minas Tirith, or when Rohan beats Saruman etc...

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by kostas84 View Post
    I have decided to give this mod a try, it looks cool.

I wanna know, is there a mod that removes the region borders or do i have to mod them out myself?

Also, are there some faction bonuses? What i mean is, does Mordor get population bonus due to how massive in numbers the orcs are? Do elves get population decline to simulate that they are leaving middle earth?

Scripted Events? Such as when mordor conquers Minas Tirith, or when Rohan beats Saruman etc...
    I honestly don't know why you're so obsessed with removing the borders, there's no mod in this one that does it.
    Don't know about Mordor but the Elves have an optional submod that gives a chance of a population decrease each turn, unless you're doing really well in your campaign.
    There are some scripted events, though nothing about Mordor capturing Minas Tirith or Saruman's death. The only close thing that comes to my mind right now is the march of the Ents if an evil facion conquers Fangorn, then treebeard will spawn with an Ent army.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

I am obsessed because they look outright ugly and i have played EB and RSII which are both borderless and im used to borderless campaign map now.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Oops, got a bit confused there, thought this was the MOS thread. Anywho, most of what I wrote is true for vanilla TATW, too. Only the leaving Elves are a MOS submod, although I think someone said that it's also in vanilla when you use the Palantir as the High Elves, never tested that though.
    As for the borders, I understand that you're used to playing without them, although I still don't know what's "outright ugly" about a few lines on the map...
    Last edited by kraxmause; October 15, 2012 at 06:36 AM.
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

ash874's Avatar Campidoctor

Default is there a way to return to 3.1 without complete reinstall

i have the reinforcements bug as the rest of you probably
    dont want to download all the files again
    can i just uninstall 3.2 somehow and return to 3.1?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: is there a way to return to 3.1 without complete reinstall

Reinforcments bug has been in all TATW, sinceI began with v1.4, so that won't liberate you
    But the answer is no, you have to reinstall from scratch [TATW 3.0]
    Last edited by Ngugi; October 15, 2012 at 08:44 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    Oops, got a bit confused there, thought this was the MOS thread. Anywho, most of what I wrote is true for vanilla TATW, too. Only the leaving Elves are a MOS submod, although I think someone said that it's also in vanilla when you use the Palantir as the High Elves, never tested that though.
    As for the borders, I understand that you're used to playing without them, although I still don't know what's "outright ugly" about a few lines on the map...
    You should try playing as a black-colored faction with a big empire, then you look at the minimap and you see white lines all over your black-colored empire, i like seeing clean borders between factions not ugly-looking white lines, especially between my territories.

Im talking about the minimap.

----------------------------------------

Also, what are some good mods?
    Last edited by kostas84; October 15, 2012 at 09:50 AM.

Good mods? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I say MOS and FroGs (not with personal experience). If something smaller is what you seek, check out Spice Master's works and Ngugi's Dunedain Counter-Invasions.

Save MERP and TATW!

Incomitatus's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
    Good mods? Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I say MOS and FroGs (not with personal experience). If something smaller is what you seek, check out Spice Master's works and Ngugi's Dunedain Counter-Invasions.
    I actually wouldn't recommend FRoGS. I mean, I play it, but it's in a pre-release state, frankly. No offense to David. Merging so many mods together to make it left a lot of broken bits. I've been cleaning up my install as I play for the last few weeks and I've only just now got it close to what I consider workable.

Supposedly the next release will have all the bugs hammered out, but I guess it's indefinitely delayed due to real life stuff. In short, it has a lot of potential, but it's buggy and I wouldn't recommend it for a new player unless that player is used to working with the .txt files and scripting.

MOS is allegedly excellent, but I haven't used it since I exclusively play hotseat and the scripts in MOS don't work with hotseat.
    Homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto. - Terence

My M2:TW 4TPY Script, Adapted to Work With Hotseat.

Guides and Useful Posts of Mine
    Middle Earth Strategikon (M2:TW: TATW 3.2)(WIP: ~60% Complete)
    Advice on Playing as Gondor - Part I - Part II (M2:TW: TATW 3.2)
    Dirty Secret to Killing Trolls Fast and Easy (M2:TW: TATW)
    The Basics of Naval Engagements Part I - Part II (EMPIRE: DMUC)
    Roman Army Composition and Use (RTW: RTR Platinum)

Are you gonna add some new units to the Dwarves? they are just too awesome ahahha

I dream with new siege units or black armor soldiers corrupted by the old rings

Thanks, awesome mod, you guys are great =D

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    They will always ask for autonomy from what I've learned. Think of it more of an event than a transaction.
    So there is no workaround then hmmm will have to teach the little buggers their lesson the hard way then.
    I watch and Learn

I got a few questions about Shire and The Ring.

First, Ring. I've obtained it quite early in game (Aragorn himself got it), but after Council meeting and accepting mission, ring corruption made him almost immobile. Any way to counteract it (for the next time?). Also...almost instantly after leaving my homelands with Ring, it got stolen. Any way to prevent it, and did this restart the even from scratch, or will I be able to go straight to Mordor and destroy it if I obtain it again?

And Shire. How can I get them to build something after granting them autonomy without taking it away? And what exactly are drawbacks and benefits of autonomy?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

1) No, lost mobility is a feat of the Ring, though thought it only kicked in close to Mordor?
    And no, if lost it's lost, nothing to prevent it. Await a new message it's been located and if possible take that settlement. You may miss a few times in a row (dunno how many) before Sauron returns.

2) You can't and you can. Not whatt hey will build but if you have (enough) money left in the treasury when turn ends they may use it to build stuff.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hmm, using FroGs, that might break it with the new map, either that or the fact that I had to carry it to...howthehellitscalled....some elven town on west coast, Rivendell got overrun my OoMM.