Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    That do not sounds like a garrison script, but as either the free army AI factions get around turn 50, or more likely the Last Stand-script that grant AI factions a free army when they lost almost all their settlements, to give them a last chance to push back and keep up the fighting.
    Turn 50 is long gone by now, so probably it's the second you said. In that case, well, the mod is already so hard by itself, adding this feature makes it soooo easier.

hmm i have taken eastern osgiliath as gondor and am holding strong with a half stack of various gondor infantry units and rangers. i've already beat off 3 full mordor stacks one at a time, obviously i pissed off sauron because now he's called an invasion on E. osgiliath and sent 2 full stacks to siege me, so i think eh ill just rain death on them from behind these nifty crumbled walls theres only 2 gates i can hold with pikes and spears. atleast i would be if the reinforcing orcs didnt spawn BEHIND ME IN WESTERN OSGILIATH. it defies all logic and its infuriating me. i can use auto win considering i actually have good reason to use it but i cant get behind it.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by garblefarb View Post
    hmm i have taken eastern osgiliath as gondor and am holding strong with a half stack of various gondor infantry units and rangers. i've already beat off 3 full mordor stacks one at a time, obviously i pissed off sauron because now he's called an invasion on E. osgiliath and sent 2 full stacks to siege me, so i think eh ill just rain death on them from behind these nifty crumbled walls theres only 2 gates i can hold with pikes and spears. atleast i would be if the reinforcing orcs didnt spawn BEHIND ME IN WESTERN OSGILIATH. it defies all logic and its infuriating me. i can use auto win considering i actually have good reason to use it but i cant get behind it.
    that is a bug
    and it is not gonna be fixed since TATW is no longer in development
    the only solution is this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...MN-FAQ-PLEASE)
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Helloo,

I have a quick question about multiplayer. I've installed this game exactly as instructed for Steam, but when I go online all TATW games are incompatible. I have asked in the chat why that is the case, and amongst the usual "oh shut up noob" ect, no-one seemed to even be aware that there was an installer and that you had to "mess around with folder names and stuff, and run from Teutonic". Now I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, or how to fix this. So do you know of any way I can set my online for TATW to be compatible with others? The reaso for them being incompatible according to the mouse-over is "teutonic" so I'm guessing it has something to do with what was said.

Also, is there any way that I can host a game without it automatically crashing? I saw an answer on this thread basically saying no but that was in January 2015.

Thanks in advance

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
    Helloo,

I have a quick question about multiplayer. I've installed this game exactly as instructed for Steam, but when I go online all TATW games are incompatible. I have asked in the chat why that is the case, and amongst the usual "oh shut up noob" ect, no-one seemed to even be aware that there was an installer and that you had to "mess around with folder names and stuff, and run from Teutonic". Now I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about, or how to fix this. So do you know of any way I can set my online for TATW to be compatible with others? The reaso for them being incompatible according to the mouse-over is "teutonic" so I'm guessing it has something to do with what was said.

Also, is there any way that I can host a game without it automatically crashing? I saw an answer on this thread basically saying no but that was in January 2015.

Thanks in advance
    try this
    go to this location Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    here you wil see a folder called third age 3
    and folders called americas teutonic britania and crusades
    rename teutonic to teutonic orginal
    then rename third age 3 to teutonic
    launch your teutonnic campaing it will give you TATW instead now
    try to start a multiplayer battle now
    and if you want to play teutonic again just do the steps reserved
    good luck
    Last edited by ♔atthias♔; October 28, 2016 at 09:50 AM.

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    try this
    go to this location Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods
    here you wil see a folder called third age 3
    and folders called americas teutonic britania and crusades
    rename teutonic to teutonic orginal
    then rename third age 3 to teutonic
    launch your teutonnic campaing it will give you TATW instead now
    try to start a multiplayer battle now
    and if you want to play teutonic again just do the steps reserved
    good luck
    It works now! Thank you so much

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by MrKWalmsley View Post
    It works now! Thank you so much
    no problem I am glad I could help

I have a question about some youtube video's I saw. They have huge battles with enormous armies. How is this possible? Is this a legal mod?

https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelatedApollo1
    Last edited by Red Viper; November 15, 2016 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added link to videos

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post
    I have a question about some youtube video's I saw. They have huge battles with enormous armies. How is this possible? Is this a legal mod?
    Can't imagine how you expect that anyone can answer this when you provide so little info.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Can't imagine how you expect that anyone can answer this when you provide so little info.
    Damn, forgot to include the link!

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Red Viper View Post

https://www.youtube.com/user/PixelatedApollo1
    I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the linked video, just regulat TATW units at huge scale
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Where in the TATW files, do i modify settlement upgrades... some of my settlements are stuck at motte&baily, castles etc and i cant seem to find anything that changes each settlements Limits.

or if the current faction i'm playing as "high elves" cant upgrade military settlements how do i modify this so i can? , I know for civilian settlements i just add "Huge_city" in decr regions ... though some are stuck way before leven minor city....
    it would also be nice if someone knows a Submod , or sub sub mod, that adds Elven Castles.. /Castles with an Elven feel

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Is there any "Modiefied Imladris" SubMod Map around there?

That map is a complete mess for both AI and Human

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

leo made one; can't vouch for how much better it may be

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...MN-FAQ-PLEASE)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

That Patch look amazing! Have you ever tried it? I've been trying to avoid these huge Sub-Mods like MoS but this one seems to be maintaining and improving the 3.2.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Maenor View Post
    That Patch look amazing! Have you ever tried it? I've been trying to avoid these huge Sub-Mods like MoS but this one seems to be maintaining and improving the 3.2.
    Further questions about and discussion on submods in the submods forum please. This is not the place for it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Hello,

of the 'good' factions, which campaign is the easiest?

Can you recommend a good guide for Gondor in 3.2 vanilla, and related to Gondor, are they one of the most difficult 'good' factions to play?

Hello, hello

The general consensus is that it's the hIgh Elves, because of their secure position and splendid units. A fun faction none the less, I'd say.
    Just make sure to secure a good economy early on, move the capital to Mothlond at turn 2 or 3, after you started to construct economical buildings such as roads, farms etc.
    Try to manage on the starting units for as long as you may, avoid recruiting at the beginning if you may, it will save you trouble before the economy is on the stable side. And chose either the Havens or Imladris to make your offensive from, do not try to expand on two fronts in the beginning.

As for Gondor, here are some writings about it (not all for 3.2 but often apply perfectly well);
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Guide-Released
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ghlight=gondor
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tips-on-Gondor
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...d-Gondor-Guide

My own tip is to do quite what Aragorn did before LotR, hehe: get an army onto a ship ASAP and strike at Umbar. Take that and you cripple Harad severly, as well as secure your coastline...

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hello all,

A couple of questions I have had since starting to play only last week. None of which are important but all of which I have not found an answer for so far online.

I noticed in my initial play through as the silven elves that Wormtounge appeared. He didnt seem to belong to Isenguard (or at least it didnt say he was), but he did seem to have traits that would make him a diplomat. Can anyone shed some light on what he does/how he works? I know who he is in lore, just wondering in game.

While playing as the dwarves I had a OoG army trolling around my western half. I didn't have an army quite large enough to beat them in the field, but they were initially hesitant to siege anything either. Sorta stuck in limbo due to their size. I have the whole place watch towered so I was kind of shocked when I noticed that the army got bigger every turn eventually turning into a full stack and were then able to start sieging my towns down. Now I like a challenge so its not the end of the world here, but they were far enough in and i have good enough vision that I know this was a script of some sort that was boosting their numbers. Was just curious which and why it was made so the army's can spawn so far behind enemy lines.

I see the Nazgul on the map occasionally and noticed that they are modeled on the inquisitor line. Do they act the same way as inquisitors (do they just kill my generals/govenors?), or do they also do other things such as seek the one ring or something.

Does the one ring always appear somewhere in the north? Don't have a lot of play time, but it seems to always spawn somewhere in the misty mountains area. Am just curious as that might be a bit hard to deal with if you are playing as Gondor or someone else as the AI doesn't seem motivated by the ring meaning it will inevitably fall into his hands if you don't do something.

Appreciate any and all responses! And love the game so far.

Hello ace37

Wormtongue is a diplomat for Isengard, correctly.

Unless they hired mercenaries, it must been reinforcment units coming west, merging with the main army. There's no script to boost an army in the field (but, in case you have not experienced it yet, there will be a garrison script when you siege key settlements).

They're called 'Servants of Sauron' and are not actual Nazgul, but, well 'something', hehe. They act inquisators indeed, and can put evil generals of little faith to the stake; they don't do anything else no.

Nope, it can spawn all the way down in Harad, it's random.
    The AI do not care for the Ring whatsoever, that's entierly a feature for the player.
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 12, 2016 at 11:26 AM.