Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Aha, only played EB2 (for M2), and no RTW mods with that feature, so was unsure I knew what I answered hehe. But then no, there is no such feature or step to make scripts work, you simply start a campaign and play

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

That's a RTW way of doing things. In M2TW the main campaign script automatically runs.

Laetus

Hey I'm completely new to Total War: Third Age,

I just need some tech help because I've been trying to get it from the Multiplayer lobby for about a week now... and well I have hit a brick wall in regards to progress.

I have used the installer for the patch 3.2 however it never shows up in my folder... Third Age can operate but only as 3.0 and I have tried reinstalling the 3.2 patch about a dozen times so far. I like the campaign and all, for TATW, but the real draw to me was the multiplayer I saw from PixelatedApollo on YouTube and without the 3.2 Patch working I can't do that.

If I posted this in the wrong thread, I'm sorry, I'm new to the forums as well.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LordJackalope View Post
    Hey I'm completely new to Total War: Third Age,

I just need some tech help because I've been trying to get it from the Multiplayer lobby for about a week now... and well I have hit a brick wall in regards to progress.

I have used the installer for the patch 3.2 however it never shows up in my folder... Third Age can operate but only as 3.0 and I have tried reinstalling the 3.2 patch about a dozen times so far. I like the campaign and all, for TATW, but the real draw to me was the multiplayer I saw from PixelatedApollo on YouTube and without the 3.2 Patch working I can't do that.

If I posted this in the wrong thread, I'm sorry, I'm new to the forums as well.
    try running the installer as administrator and the steam servers are a mess not much we can do aside from hoping steam fixes it
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hi,

Is it possible to install Third Age on Medieval Total War Collection??

Thanks!

Hello Dur',

No, you need Medieval 2 with the Kingdoms Expansion to play Third Age.

Medieval Total War Collection is the first Medieval game (a great classic, but not helpful in this case).

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    try running the installer as administrator and the steam servers are a mess not much we can do aside from hoping steam fixes it
    I just ran it as Administrator and nothing seems different... and I'm beginning to lose hope in it.

Is the patch supposed to change the splash art of the title screen to 3.2 instead of 3.0?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by LordJackalope View Post
    I just ran it as Administrator and nothing seems different... and I'm beginning to lose hope in it.

Is the patch supposed to change the splash art of the title screen to 3.2 instead of 3.0?
    yes

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    yes
    I've deleted and reinstalled TATW 3.0 and the 3.2 patch.
    Everything seems to be fine, even the title art changes!
    However it crashes just a second or so after starting the game, the art is all I get to see.
    I've searched the net for a solution but I only see issues when battles begin to start, not crashing at the start of the program.

Try reading and asking here instead: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help

A small question: It don't seem to have "armor increase visual effects" ont TATW, on the contrario of vanilla, has it?

Even a small visual/textures improvement would fell great. Nobody has done that?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by baggers View Post
    A small question: It don't seem to have "armor increase visual effects" ont TATW, on the contrario of vanilla, has it?

Even a small visual/textures improvement would fell great. Nobody has done that?
    gondor has such a system for gondor cavalry infantry and spearmen other have not such a thing

Thanks for info.

It's a shame my poor Snagas have only they skin for taking hits. A bit of crude tanned leather (I don't want to know from wich animal or worse...) would have been nice ^^.

Is that sort of thing even possible (due to some limitations/number of units/skins) or it's just that the modders haven't do that sort of things, apart for Gondor?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by baggers View Post
    Thanks for info.

It's a shame my poor Snagas have only they skin for taking hits. A bit of crude tanned leather (I don't want to know from wich animal or worse...) would have been nice ^^.

Is that sort of thing even possible (due to some limitations/number of units/skins) or it's just that the modders haven't do that sort of things, apart for Gondor?
    The modder did not do it apart for gondor

I'd rather say: check in custom battle. About every unit has two textures coded, one for normal and one for upgraded, however in what cases the second one(s) are merely clones of the unupgraded one or not, I have no clue about.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Try reading and asking here instead: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Technical-Help
    Oh boy, that could be read a few ways and only one of them comes out kindly. I meant: read in there and then, if a solution to your problem is not found, ask in there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    I'd rather say: check in custom battle. About every unit has two textures coded, one for normal and one for upgraded, however in what cases the second one(s) are merely clones of the unupgraded one or not, I have no clue about.
    Thanks for info! I looked in the games files, you're rigth, every unit or sa have 2 "armor upgrades models" in export_descr_unit.txt, but they usually refer to the very sames mesh/textures in battle_models.modeldb.

I make a little test by altering the snaga band textures and save it for the upgraded armor snaga band: (sorry for the creepy printscreen)

So, it work, and can be done. Don't know if it wort it.

Hi! I noticed that when I move the cursor on some units it is not written free upkeep even if it should. Does that mean that the units are not keep ed for free? It happens only in some of the cities.

Have not noticed any such thing. Not all units have free upkeep, so may be that. Alternativly its because the unit have not free upkeep in that settlement, either since they only get free upkeep in settlements that they can be recruited in ti begin with or since there are no more free upkeep-slots left (as each settlements have only a limited amount of free upkeeps).

Got my answer. Txs. I can't recruit that troops in that city.