Page 15 of 167 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    You can't recruit hobbits, you get some free units from time to time after granting the Shire autonomy. I can retrain them in Bree, but that could be MOS specific.
    Greenway Guards and Sentries can be be recruited in a number of settlements (in theory), but you'll really only get them from Bree, due to the slow population growth (needs to be a minor city). By the time you can recruit them somewhere else, you'll be Arnor.
    About population growth: You won't like it, but you'll have to use Aragorn and Gandalf as governors at least for some time (preferably Aragorn in Annúminas), as they are your only generals who can cause a decent growth.
    Dang, those banana archers are really good, I'd really love to get more of them (or at least retrain them) without granting autonomy :/

I've already tried retraining in Bree, but I think I need to upgrade it first. Carn Dum is the highest tier city I have I'll try putting Aragorn in Annuminas after I'm done mopping up rogue towns. On another note, I've seen some talk about switching the capital from Bree to Annuminas, is this a good idea? I feel corruption would be higher there than in Bree...

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    On another note, I've seen some talk about switching the capital from Bree to Annuminas, is this a good idea? I feel corruption would be higher there than in Bree...
    The only reason for doing that would be roleplay, Annúminas was the capital of Arnor. But apart from that you're right, corruption-wise it doesn't make sense (only if you want to kick the dwarves out of Ered Luin).
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

So if I make the change to Arnor, will Annuminas become the capital?

On a completely different matter, since Moria became a rouge city with the fall of OotMM, if I attack it will the Balrog still appear?

Hey!

I used to have a mod for Third age total war which added some great Historical battles like Hornburg and Battle of Minas tirith,they were pretty much the same like these ones Third age has,but there were much more troops and defenders had some elven troops during Hornburg battle. Do you guys remember the name of this submod?

Default Battle editor activation

How do I activate the battle editor?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

So if I make the change to Arnor, will Annuminas become the capital?
    Only if you want it to

On a completely different matter, since Moria became a rouge city with the fall of OotMM, if I attack it will the Balrog still appear?
    The Balrogs only spawn the first time Moria is attacked, while OotMM holds the city
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

kostas84's Avatar Campidoctor

Default This mod and Borders

One thing that frustrates me with most old Total War games are the region borders, they just look ugly, i know the way to mod them off but is there a way already, like a sub-mod to download that removes borders?

The only mod ive played before LotR-wise is the Alexander LotR-Mod which is quite impressive and heavily scripted, what are the differences between that mod and this?

Default Re: This mod and Borders

Third Age Total War is the BEST LOTR game ever (this is all i can say cause i've never played Lotr for RTW) anyway, for me, i don't think Med2 borders are ugly..

i think for the next MOS patch maybe can there be something on enslaving settlement populace or even prisoners its a good idea that can be explored? As to names i think more names must be added for characters,the game keeps on using the same you might even end up with several of the same specially with the lesser factions.Has anyone(yep maybe im lazy a bit)got a customised name files(as lore friendly as can be) i can get? I'd like to see more creature's in battles and stuff like that will MOS do something for the next patch? Think the naval side of the game can be devolped further too..Bare with me im new here!!

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

This is the TATW questions thread, any questions about submods should be asked in the specific thread of the specific submod
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Default How does one 'rebuild' Osgiliath?

How exactly do you get the rebuilt Osgiliath building?

Or am I just imagining that..?

FC Groningen's Avatar Senator

Default Re: How does one 'rebuild' Osgiliath?

First you need to upgrade East Osgiliath into a huge city. After, you need to upgrade West Osgiliath into a citadel.

edit: especially getting West Osgiliath to "Citadel" will take patience and a good governor. Better start as soon as possible.

Eönwë's Avatar Semisalis

Build population growth buildings first and put 2 of your best gouvernors in it and wait...wait a long time haha

I have Boromir in East and Faramir in west, but Denethor is best I believe as he is faction leader and has the most anti-squalor

one does not simply rebuild Osgiliath... to Mordor...

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

to be honest i have never bothered doing it since takes HUGE amounts of time and i love fighting with the heroes in the field and roleplay denethor staying in minas tirith.

so I'm pretty close to winning mordor campaign. but I have a question about the one ring. my 10 star nazgul with the ring was 2 turns from barad dur, when gollum or someone stole the ring. is there no way to get it back? i even had a spy close by. do I have to wait for yet another "ring has been located"? because if it's so, I will never get to control dark lord himself.

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Yep, I'm afraid that is the case. You don't have a previous save or can you load an autosave?

Default Re: Battle editor activation

Merged Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsayed View Post
    How do I activate the battle editor?
    I found this for you.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=133758

This may be a stupid question, but do Beornings REALLY turn into bears? I've done like 10 custom battles with no results, and both sides were just Beornings....

In game, no they do not really turn into bears.