Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

1. Check that he still has the ring and that Gollum didn't jack it (there is a percentage each time you select the general, once Gollum appears as an ancillary).

2. Move him out of the region and then back in again to restart the counter and wait 6 turns.

3. Screw it, bury Mordor in a sea of sentinel arrows.

1: He has it alright.
    2: I'll try that (edit: did not help).
    3: The thought has crossed my mind, yes.
    Last edited by Akbar; January 30, 2015 at 06:03 AM.

Is there a thread for modding questions specifically?

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Hello all, this is my first post here.

OK guys, this is a 147 pages thread so forgive me if somebody else asked, because I am not reading them all.

I just installed the mod, and I had serious issues with Securom in spite of having a totally legal copy of the game, I am saying this in case the need of using a no-cd exe could have anything to do, although I don't think so.

What happens is that I simply cannot find Moria. Sometimes it appears, sometimes it disappears, (when I get closer) it doesn't matter if I send there a spy or not. So, I cannot attack it even if I was ready to face the Balrog.

Also, there keep on spawning orcs all along the Misty Mountains and sorroundings, is this normal or a bug? Can't believe they can grow just from earth, the only thing around the area is (the missing) Moria and a fort at the opposite side of the mountains. Forts don't let you get orcs, do they?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hello Joseignacio

That sounds like an installation gone wrong, because it's not supposed to be like that.
    Test to reinstall TATW.
    If the problem remain then it's probably a corrupted download, so re-download TATW.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hello Joseignacio

That sounds like an installation gone wrong, because it's not supposed to be like that.
    Test to reinstall TATW.
    If the problem remain then it's probably a corrupted download, so re-download TATW.
    Hello, thanks for your quick reply and your welcome.

Finally I realized, moria was there, just it looked like it was like any other mountain, only very few times you could see a fortress. But knowing where it was I could see how many units were inside and siege and attack that "mountain".

As for the spawning orcs, I read later somewhere in the Forum that they are working as intended, to compensate for the weak AI.

So, by now I will let it like this, because I had some problems with the installation and don't want to go through them unless necessary.

I have totally legal Kingdom CDs and password, but the CD got scratched because of the huge number of times Securom access the CD (which was why Securom was mostly a failure) so, while I could usually play normally with kingdoms, after installing TATW and 1.5 patch, I could no longer play Kingdoms or TATW. I had to figure a way to solve this and I don't want to go through it again, but thanks.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

It is supposed to look like a mountain, to represent Moria being inside/under the mountains. The settlement is in disguise, if you like. The only time it won't look like a mountain is when it is in the fog of war, beyond your faction's viewing range.

Really? Weird you cannot see it close but can see it from outside of your visual area. It seems it worked like that. Thx.

I have version 2.0 I downloaded patch 3.0 and 3.2. I installed them and when I started the game with the 2.0 launcher I already had on my desktop and for some reason version 2.0 still opened up as if I never updated.
    I let it update to the proper folder
    but one notable thing is that in my mods folder there is now 2 "Third Age" folders. One, being the normal 2.0 named "Third Age" and the other one named "Third Age_3"

Any help would be perfect

Edit - I deleted my Third Age folder like the installation guide asked me to. But I seem to have a problem, I don't have a launcher in my Third Age_3 folder. Or I just can't seem to locate it
    Last edited by here4thehax; February 22, 2015 at 12:08 PM.

TATW 2.0 with patch was installed into the folder Third_Age, while TATW 3.0 with patch is installed into a folder named Third_Age_3. They are not connected.
    In your Third_Age_3-folder [if installed correctly and no corrupted content etc] there is a .exe-file simply named Third Age. Use that to start the game.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    TATW 2.0 with patch was installed into the folder Third_Age, while TATW 3.0 with patch is installed into a folder named Third_Age_3. They are not connected.
    In your Third_Age_3-folder [if installed correctly and no corrupted content etc] there is a .exe-file simply named Third Age. Use that to start the game.
    Will I only need patch 3.0 (parts 1&2) and patch 3.2 for a clean complete install?
    Or will I need a prior version to patch version 3.0 onto?

Edit- I uninstalled my Third Age_3 and reinstalled it and everything worked fine. And yes all you need is patch 3.0 and 3.2
    Everything works fabulously
    Last edited by here4thehax; February 23, 2015 at 12:36 AM.

Splendid

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

hello I have a question I hate the High Elves low unit numbers how could I change it?
    sorry for my bad English
    and also sorry if I am posting in the wrong Thread
    greetings atthias

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    hello I have a question I hate the High Elves low unit numbers how could I change it?
    sorry for my bad English
    and also sorry if I am posting in the wrong Thread
    greetings atthias
    Greetings atthias!

You must go to the modding thread HERE: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Help-Thread

Ask there for the folder that units are in cos I cannot for the life of me remember, it's a text file, and is better formatted the the original M2TW file, you read the explanation of what each category is, find the catagory for unit size, and scroll down to the high-elves list and make that number in that category bigger!

From memory the file is something like "Export_desr_Units.txt"

OPEN IT IN WORDPAD, OPEN ANOTHER WORDPAD, COPY THE INFO INTO THE CLEAN WORD PAD, AND SAVE IT AS A BACK UP OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE MOD!

How do I know this? Because you're human! And Humans Screw up!

Don't touch anything in the file if you don't know what it is, or don't understand why it's there, make sure you only change that number, and do not, I REPEAT DO NOT, Screw Up the layout of the thing.

P.S. don't make the unit size number anything too big or it won't load, take a nice number you like in the catagory of another faction in the file, say, gondor, gondor is always good, copy the unit size from gondor, and paste it over the one for the high elves, and you'll make it bigger.

Oh and make sure you replace cavalry sizes with other cavalry sizes, and infantry sizes with infantry sizes, and, just leave the seige engines alone till you get used to what you're doing.

Save often, and back it up the original file otherwise, if you screw up, you'll have to re-instal, if it doesn't launch, see what you've changed that you shouldn't have by comparing your file with the original.

oh and do not leave copy of the orgional file in the TTATW Directory, that WILL Shoot to hell, put it in a folder on your desktop, until you're happy with your mod, then sove it somewhere.
    Last edited by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!; April 04, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    Greetings atthias!

You must go to the modding thread HERE: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Help-Thread

Ask there for the folder that units are in cos I cannot for the life of me remember, it's a text file, and is better formatted the the original M2TW file, you read the explanation of what each category is, find the catagory for unit size, and scroll down to the high-elves list and make that number in that category bigger!

From memory the file is something like "Export_desr_Units.txt"

OPEN IT IN WORDPAD, OPEN ANOTHER WORDPAD, COPY THE INFO INTO THE CLEAN WORD PAD, AND SAVE IT AS A BACK UP OTHERWISE YOU WILL HAVE TO RE-INSTALL THE MOD!
    thank you I wil try it and again sorry for the wrong post

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    thank you I wil try it and again sorry for the wrong post
    Not at all! You CAN post that question here, but if you post in the other thread, you're asking modders, not just run of the mil-gamers who have never made an edit to a mod in their life! Although I am sure many of our chap have done alot more than that!
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

I also have a question, whats next for TTATW? Are you still working on it, or is it, complete?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfire -WONDERBOLT! View Post
    I also have a question, whats next for TTATW? Are you still working on it, or is it, complete?
    TATW is complete. It hasn't been worked on since 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    TATW is complete. It hasn't been worked on since 2012.
    Offically compete rather mos is still muddling on It's a big community for a "dead" mod. I'm sure we can find more thing to add though..... Second age and hobbit campaign anyone?! XD