Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Welcome to TWC, Stash
    You do indeed need to be an orc faction to recruit trolls from troll cages.
    Isengard doesn't get any trolls, but Mordor, Gundabad and OOTMM do.
    You can just demolish the buildings for some cash.
    Thanks.

I'm running MOS 1.6.2 and have noticed that a lot of the unique settlements are very buggy in sieges (I.e. Minas Tirith's towers very rarely fire and seem to be ineffective against siege works, and there's a point to the right side of the gates where enemies can walk through the wall). Are there any applicable patches to fix all of these bugs?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    I'm running MOS 1.6.2 and have noticed that a lot of the unique settlements are very buggy in sieges (I.e. Minas Tirith's towers very rarely fire and seem to be ineffective against siege works, and there's a point to the right side of the gates where enemies can walk through the wall). Are there any applicable patches to fix all of these bugs?
    Alternative Patch may be something for you: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...MN-FAQ-PLEASE)

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I like a lot of those settlements, but it doesn't seem compatible with MOS and there are too many awesome functions to go back to 3.2.

It's not, no.
    Some of leo's settlements are found in MOS, AFAIK, but otherwise you're limited in solutions I'm afraid

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    I like a lot of those settlements, but it doesn't seem compatible with MOS and there are too many awesome functions to go back to 3.2.
    The RK (Reunited Kingdom) submod for MOS has all of Leo's settlements, except for the new Moria.
    So they might have the upgraded ones like Minas Tirith too, so if Leo fixed the siege towers (something that I doubt) and the gap in the wall, the siege towers and the gap in the wall should be fixed in RK.

If I use shield wall do I get more defense against missiles (Arrows, javelins) ?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Libertus

Good evening,

it has been a while since the last time i played third age. Now i would like to try third age 3.2. Well i installed it and there weren't any problems so far. But when i try to start the game i got a loading screen for about 1 or 2 seconds, than i jump back to the desktop with the game beeing closed. Any ideas what the problem could be?

thanks for your help

greetings
    darc

Hello darc.
    Have a look at this post by ElvenKind http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12525595
    Good luck .

I want to change the strat models for castles, for the Dwarf faction, from the NE models (odd choice) to the dwarf settlements TATW 3.2 has (huge city model for fortresses, large city model for large castle, etc.)

But I can't seem to manage.
    It's easy to do for the other factions, but I can't seem to find the models for the dwarven settlements.

I even tried to to edit the descr_cultures file, but I can't figure out the culture (is it Aztec)?

I'm playing as HE and I have a general who's not fully replenishing. Most of my generals have 20-30 in a unit, but this particular one is only replenishing up to 12. He used to have more, just like the other generals, so I'm wondering what caused this issue. Is this a bug or are there certain factors that play into how much a general can replenish?

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    I'm playing as HE and I have a general who's not fully replenishing. Most of my generals have 20-30 in a unit, but this particular one is only replenishing up to 12. He used to have more, just like the other generals, so I'm wondering what caused this issue. Is this a bug or are there certain factors that play into how much a general can replenish?
    Then his BG is presumably not coded to be a general-bg but is a normal unit assigned to him.
    Do you play a submod? Suggest you ask in that submod's thread if so

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Then his BG is presumably not coded to be a general-bg but is a normal unit assigned to him.
    Do you play a submod? Suggest you ask in that submod's thread if so
    The units do replenish, but like I said, they no longer fully replenish. He used to replenish properly (up to ~20-30), but now it only goes up to 12. If it makes any difference, he has fear instead of respect and has spent a significant amount of time traveling by ship. I have no idea if that stuff is supposed to alter the amount a general can replenish, but none of my other generals have fear or have traveled by ship and they replenish just fine.

Not using sub mods.

Does he have any traits or ancillaries that give a malus to personal security?

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel144 View Post
    Does he have any traits or ancillaries that give a malus to personal security?
    Yep, he has -7 to personal security from various traits. I had no idea that changed how many units he could have on a battlefield, I always thought +/- personal security just made assassinations more/less difficult. I guess that makes some sense though.

Hi Guys,Im a newbee in this forum but not in MTW2.In this mod there is a big problem with the tax gains in city.I played Free Peoples Of Eriador and Dwarves and won the campains but with money cheat.The problem it is when erebor gets all kinds of big buildings with 30000 population still it gets 2200 from tax gain.I mean WTF.Not just ereber Annuminas or Bree or Moria.It has MITHRIL for gods sake.When you play stainless steel or other mods there is no such a thing.In SS i can get 15000 tax gain with out any cheat in Constatinople.How can i fix that from logs?I searched for a lot but i cant find it...
    Or there is a problem with campain diffuculty? I read somewhere there is no problem with very hard mod but i think this problem is not related with it...

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Metaladdicted View Post
    Hi Guys,Im a newbee in this forum but not in MTW2.In this mod there is a big problem with the tax gains in city.I played Free Peoples Of Eriador and Dwarves and won the campains but with money cheat.The problem it is when erebor gets all kinds of big buildings with 30000 population still it gets 2200 from tax gain.I mean WTF.Not just ereber Annuminas or Bree or Moria.It has MITHRIL for gods sake.When you play stainless steel or other mods there is no such a thing.In SS i can get 15000 tax gain with out any cheat in Constatinople.How can i fix that from logs?I searched for a lot but i cant find it...
    Or there is a problem with campain diffuculty? I read somewhere there is no problem with very hard mod but i think this problem is not related with it...
    Welcome to TWC mate
    Income in TATW works slightly different from vanilla. Well... the mechanics are the same, but you get way less income overall. That is a deliberate decision by the TATW team. It partly has to do with changes in the descr_settlement_mechanics file in the data folder (just compare that file to the one in the MedII data folder) and partly to do with the extremely low amount of population that all settlements start out with (which in Erebor is not a problem anymore, if I understand you correctly). 2200 income is actually a huge amount even though Erebor doesn't have Mithril (that is Moria). Erebor will make more money from trade anyway because it borders more regions and has gold and stuff as trade resources.
    Anyway, I would recommend against changing it (much) as that seriously upsets the game balance and makes the game way too easy. You don't need 15k income from one settlement or anything close to that. As you say you are not a noob to MedII, I probably don't need to direct you to the guides section where some economy guides are. They are useful, but pretty obvious too, even though there is more emphasis on roads and trade in TATW.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

TATW is designed to be difficult. Getting 15,000 from one city would kind of defeat the point.

I don't think that any global limit has been set anywhere, so not something that you can simply adjust. Although, perhaps you could compare SS's descr_settlement_mechanics.xml with TATW - maybe there's something in there that plays a part.

Corruption is a big money eater in TATW, especially for split realms like the Dwarves. It comes down to distance to capital and Law effects (or lack thereof) of governor's traits/ancillaries.

EDIT: ninja'd!

First of all thanks for a quick reply!Anyway maybe ur right about making campain difficult but when i have no army to expand my self how can i get any land or border.The AI has more army everytime when i have not using cheat.You didnt have to many army for to be strenghtful for dwarves because your units are incredibly strong against orc.(By the way i said it mithril after moria not for erebor).However when you play free peoples of eriador it nearly impossible to stand against isengard and orcs in the sametime without having numbers advantage in early game.Yeap your right about 15000 for a city but still it needs to be at least 5000 so i can get more army.When i had playing Eriador i had united the Arnor and i had nearly 7 full armies with new arnor soldiers but still Mordor And Gondor was beating me on strength.
    Btw im playing MTW2 for 5-6 years i can say since 2009 i had lots of diffuculties on battle or map but this getting no army agaisnt sauron its really hurts so much.So as u can understand i played gondor to but i couldnt stand against sauron...
    Anyway thanks for quick answer again but for the other answer yeah maybe corruption is to much for dwarves but when i was playing arnor annuminas was large ciry with full building i was giving 1300...

Does anyone know if that "Better cavalry engagement" mod is compatible with 3.2? For reference: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-%28-To-1-4%29

I'm having trouble with it, either its not compilable, or I'm doing something wrong. With it, TATW is crashing on startup every time. Without it, I can play fine.