Page 14 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223243964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Ah ah sorry mate !

Thanks a lot, those things are like a sting, quite nothing, but quite annoying too.

One quick question. Where can you see the upkeep cost of a general? I find putting a general in a city as governor will add +80-100 gold income per turn, but is this not worthwhile (assuming no other traits like population growth)?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Right click on the general and in the lower left corner click on bodyguard details and it will display upkeep. I think this is correct; trying to remember off the top of my head.

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by StealthFox View Post
    Right click on the general and in the lower left corner click on bodyguard details and it will display upkeep. I think this is correct; trying to remember off the top of my head.
    ^This, you need to move him out of the settlement though, otherwise the bodyguard button isn't there.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Thanks! +rep, +rep

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

if gondor no longer exists (thereby making it impossible to ally with them) is it still possible to form Arnor while playing as Eriador?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Sorry but no

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

One quick question. Where can you see the upkeep cost of a general? I find putting a general in a city as governor will add +80-100 gold income per turn, but is this not worthwhile (assuming no other traits like population growth)?
    The BG upkeep which you already know, but there's also a 250/turn wage per general, which tends to be forgotten

if gondor no longer exists (thereby making it impossible to ally with them) is it still possible to form Arnor while playing as Eriador?
    I'm pretty sure it isn't, at least in 2.1. I haven't tried in 3.x yet though
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carrot View Post
    The BG upkeep which you already know, but there's also a 250/turn wage per general, which tends to be forgotten
    I always thought the bodyguard upkeep counted into the wages, didn't know that generals themselves demand payment. You never stop learning...

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I've never actually checked it myself, but it was discussed here some months ago. Probably last year actually
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Carrot View Post

I've never actually checked it myself, but it was discussed here some months ago. Probably last year actually
    Wow, thanks. This will help my economy greatly.

so I just messed up bad...

I conquered Mithlond while the ring of power was inside. with my "raid mission" general. He got the one ring and I loaded him on a ship to get to mordor ASAP. Well the raid mission ended and this general disapeared. No ring anywhere.

wat do?

Is there a console code to put the ring on a general or something.

This makes me lose any interest to continue playing my 220+ turns mordor game.

I think the ring will spawn up again later, if not someone else will definately have advice for you with codes or such

Now I don't mean to steal your attention, but I have a question of my own ^^' eh heh.

Hi, first time playing as eriador and so far its going great. Took out OoG and after killing the faction head of OotMM, all 4 of their remaining settlments went rouge!But I'm having some trouble retraining some units. I can't seem to retrain or recruit any hobbits, I don't think the FAQ tells you how to do that And I have shipped the Greenway guards all around but haven't been able to retrain them either :/ Do I have to wait until my settlements grow into cities? Its not even turn 100 yet, and I've kept my population growth above .5% in all my large towns...feels like Eriador grows slower than the others, but that could be my impatience xD

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I think the ring will spawn up again later, if not someone else will definately have advice for you with codes or such

Now I don't mean to steal your attention, but I have a question of my own ^^' eh heh.

Hi, first time playing as eriador and so far its going great. Took out OoG and after killing the faction head of OotMM, all 4 of their remaining settlments went rouge!But I'm having some trouble retraining some units. I can't seem to retrain or recruit any hobbits, I don't think the FAQ tells you how to do that And I have shipped the Greenway guards all around but haven't been able to retrain them either :/ Do I have to wait until my settlements grow into cities? Its not even turn 100 yet, and I've kept my population growth above .5% in all my large towns...feels like Eriador grows slower than the others, but that could be my impatience xD
    You can't recruit hobbits, you get some free units from time to time after granting the Shire autonomy. I can retrain them in Bree, but that could be MOS specific.
    Greenway Guards and Sentries can be be recruited in a number of settlements (in theory), but you'll really only get them from Bree, due to the slow population growth (needs to be a minor city). By the time you can recruit them somewhere else, you'll be Arnor.
    About population growth: You won't like it, but you'll have to use Aragorn and Gandalf as governors at least for some time (preferably Aragorn in Annúminas), as they are your only generals who can cause a decent growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantenator View Post
    so I just messed up bad...

I conquered Mithlond while the ring of power was inside. with my "raid mission" general. He got the one ring and I loaded him on a ship to get to mordor ASAP. Well the raid mission ended and this general disapeared. No ring anywhere.

wat do?

Is there a console code to put the ring on a general or something.

This makes me lose any interest to continue playing my 220+ turns mordor game.
    pls halp

pchalk's Avatar Domesticus

another quick question. when forming Arnor, the FAQ says i need to take Tharbad. I am assuming this means both North and South Tharbad right?

Den Stark's Avatar Tiro

and I_SettlementOwner Shire = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Bywater = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Southfarthing = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Bree = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Staddle = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Cardolan = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Weather-Hills = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Lake_Evendim = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Arthedain = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Mitheithel = turks
    and I_SettlementOwner Lone-lands = turks ;North Tharbad
    and I_SettlementOwner Ettenmoors = turks

I have "unspecified error" in most cases when fighting an army with a stack as reinforcement. Is this a common error and is there a solution?

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Is the 3.2 upgrade been done to quick battles? When I once played a guick battle with Rohan, the Eorling Militia always said: Rohan light spears (Rohan light spears, Rohan light spears, Rohan light spears...). It's not doing it anymore in 3.2, because Rohan's voice was changed.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
    Is the 3.2 upgrade been done to quick battles? When I once played a guick battle with Rohan, the Eorling Militia always said: Rohan light spears (Rohan light spears, Rohan light spears, Rohan light spears...). It's not doing it anymore in 3.2, because Rohan's voice was changed.
    Is it not easier to start up a custom battle and check out than to post and wait for answer, hehe?
    But there's no special soundfiles for units in custom/quick battles the answer can't be but yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ppetrus View Post
    I have "unspecified error" in most cases when fighting an army with a stack as reinforcement. Is this a common error and is there a solution?
    Yes, the engine have problem with reinforcement from time to time, as a rule there's only to restart till it works

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory