Page 13 of 167 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Hey guys,

Been lurking in these forums for some years now. I finally took the time and registered, feels good to officially be a part of this wonderful community

Anyway, my question is; Does anyone know if the submod "FAR" (Full arnorian reemergence) is compatible with the great submod "Massive overhaul submod"? I've tried to apply the "FAR folder" and the launcher.bat for the "FAR mod" into the "MOS folder" (my main folder for this game) and launched it, but it just quits to the desktop after launch. I might have answered my own question but it would be nice if someone actually could confirm this

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by bastaNoLD View Post
    Hey guys,

Been lurking in these forums for some years now. I finally took the time and registered, feels good to officially be a part of this wonderful community

Anyway, my question is; Does anyone know if the submod "FAR" (Full arnorian reemergence) is compatible with the great submod "Massive overhaul submod"? I've tried to apply the "FAR folder" and the launcher.bat for the "FAR mod" into the "MOS folder" (my main folder for this game) and launched it, but it just quits to the desktop after launch. I might have answered my own question but it would be nice if someone actually could confirm this
    Welcome to the forum bastaNoLd

The FAR mod changes Arnor's color on the mini map from green to black and the names of the generals and the faction leader from Eriador to Arnor (at least that's how I understood it)? If yes, this is part of MOS, you've got the FARLaucher in your modfolder through which you can do exactly this.
    Anyway you should ask questions about submods in the thread of the concerning submod (which in this case is this one: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419958 ).
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Thanks for the reply, I'll ask in the specific submod thread then.

Hi guys I am new to this mod as of yesterday and so far I am really impressed! I do have a couple of questions though.

1. If I hold a custom city such as a mountain city or Minis Tirith is upgrading walls via the build tab possible and if so does it have any effect?

2. Is there a way to reduce the amount of turns I have to wait to recruit a unit ( Hearth Watchmen for example) as the time on some seems a bit excessive.

Sorry if these questions are silly but thanks for any help, keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuxyu3 View Post
    Hi guys I am new to this mod as of yesterday and so far I am really impressed! I do have a couple of questions though.

1. If I hold a custom city such as a mountain city or Minis Tirith is upgrading walls via the build tab possible and if so does it have any effect?

2. Is there a way to reduce the amount of turns I have to wait to recruit a unit ( Hearth Watchmen for example) as the time on some seems a bit excessive.

Sorry if these questions are silly but thanks for any help, keep up the great work!
    1. No effect

2. You'll have to edit files.

Welcome to the forums!

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Heya guys, I'm back for anyone remembering me. Anyway I just started playing 3.2 and noticed shire has an autonomy function. Looks nice and all, just wondering what will happen if I destroy the smials before giving autonomy. Would it affect anything?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hi Hartassen, long time no see, welcome back

Dunno if you even can? They seems tied to some scripts in the camapign_scripts.txt (would expected KK to not let you level them then?)
    But nothing that either enable or prevent authonomy though, just effects if you break or reject the authonomy

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

I noticed when I lifted autonomy that the smials gave a penalty of 30% to law. But it is possible to destroy them for 1533 gold pieces at the start of the game. I was just curious if it affected any of the bonuses later in the game, like road building, +1 movement, tribute (oddly it doesn't say how much tribute you get) and the free cannonfodd.. oops I meant free hobbit units that you get?

So I got a video massage about 20 turns ago stating that AI controlled Eriador has become Arnor.

The problem?

Nothing changed since. It's still called Eriador, has the same units and all that.

Wat do?

Quote Originally Posted by Elefantenator View Post
    So I got a video massage about 20 turns ago stating that AI controlled Eriador has become Arnor.

The problem?

Nothing changed since. It's still called Eriador, has the same units and all that.

Wat do?
    Unless you're using the Full Arnor Reemergence mod, the colors and names will not change from Eriador to Arnor. And are you sure about the units, can you actually see which units they're using? What faction are you playing as?

Rauros's Avatar Foederatus

Playing with the Silvan elves is there a way to get the Ent reinforcements to help me fight in Mordor before "Ents go home" message ?

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    Unless you're using the Full Arnor Reemergence mod, the colors and names will not change from Eriador to Arnor. And are you sure about the units, can you actually see which units they're using? What faction are you playing as?
    Oh well I didn't know that nothing changes visually. Thanks for that.

As for the new units, I'll have to check again when I get home. I play as mordor and I have a spy close to their capital.

Are the units supposed to change instantly or do they change them in time?

And is there any other advantage for them becoming arnor?

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Eriador's units don't change, you will be keeping them. But you can get new Arnorian units after the reemergence.

But really, they did it in turn 20!
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Their units do not change. They just cannot recruit old units anymore and instead, get new rooster of more powerful units (that is the advantage). If they have old units, they will fight with them until they are killed to the last man. Of course, in the meantime they should be able to reinforce their army with brand new units but AI may not be willing to do so if he has problems with upkeep of his old units.

Edit: have not seen Bowmaster's answer.
    Last edited by ppetrus; October 08, 2012 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
    Eriador's units don't change, you will be keeping them. But you can get new Arnorian units after the reemergence.

But really, they did it in turn 20!
    Naw, man. I said 20 turns ago. They became Arnor around turn 80 or so.

After changing to Arnor, the recruitment pools are empty. That means they have to wait ~7 turns until they can recruit new troops, who nearly all take several turns until they're ready. The culture change to Dunedain can also mean they have to wait until the culture is high enough to recruit anything.
    Move your spy to look at several armies and cities, somewhere you'll find the new units when it's really been 20 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by kraxmause View Post
    After changing to Arnor, the recruitment pools are empty. That means they have to wait ~7 turns until they can recruit new troops, who nearly all take several turns until they're ready. The culture change to Dunedain can also mean they have to wait until the culture is high enough to recruit anything.
    Move your spy to look at several armies and cities, somewhere you'll find the new units when it's really been 20 turns.
    This makes sense. You're propably right.

Different question... what are the consequences of attacking another evil faction? allied one and non-allied one?

Isengard managed to wipe out Rohan just as I finished off the last of Gondorians. I'm kind of mad that they destroyed my chance of fighting the infamous horse riders. And I'd love to see some orc on orc action. Imagine a stack of armored trolls charging against wargs.

Oh and one more question... am I ever gonna see a balrog? While playing Mordor.

Evil factions are like the catholics in vanilla Medieval 2: If you attack another evil faction, the pope (aka Sauron) will get mad at you and if you don't stop, he will "excommunicate" you, making you a primary target for the other evil factions. He will also be very likely to aim invasions at you.

Concerning the Balrog, I think it doesn't matter what faction you're playing as, laying siege to Moria will always awaken it. At least if it's still in the hands of the OotMM, I'm not sure what happens if e.g. the Silvan Elves have taken it and you're besieging it.

Hi !

Could someone please upload the "descr_names" vanilla file ? I think I screwed up something and I need the original file.

Next time, I'll make a backup.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Damn it man, you spoils all the fun when one can't say "Always do a backup" after "here you go"
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 11, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory