Page 11 of 167 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661111 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

In a battle, sometimes the enemy goes to "infighting". What does that mean? They just stand there, some taunting, some being lazy, some being ready.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Just curious, what are the conditions to upgrade a city to a huge city and a fortress to a citadel?
    Last edited by bob124; September 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's mostly not possible, but in a couple of regions you just need a very, VERY large population
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

im not sure, but i believe that Mithlond is the only city that can be upgraded to a Huge City (at least it was before 3.0, im not sure if they changed that as i havent playedd HE in 3.2 yet) and im pretty sure that no regions can be upgraded to Citadel, dont quote me on that though. but, anyway, the population required to get a city into a Huge City is about 28000, if im correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Orkfaeller View Post
    Are dwarfs slower than the other races? (marching/running)

If yes, does it have to do with their model size or was it a design decision?
    dont worry i care about you enough to answer your question (cough cough everyone else ignoring the lil fella cough)

im not 100% certain on this but im pretty sure that dwarves move slower than most other races. and im pretty sure its a design decision. you cant exactly have the most heavily armed/armored infantry in the game running around like light infantry now can you. i believe that the mod team took into consideration the side-effects of wearing extreamly heavy armor and adjusted the walking/running speed of the dwarves accordingly. (once again im not sure, dont quote me on this )

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Imladris can also be made a Huge City.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Default Wargs for Isengard

I am playing Isengard. They don't have it easy so i would like to help them a bit. I find it a bit strange that the first level of stables does not let you recruit Wargs.

So my question which file do i need to edit to let Isengard recruit Wargs from the first stables. And what do i need to change.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Wargs for Isengard

Quote Originally Posted by Alex-ander View Post
    I am playing Isengard. They don't have it easy so i would like to help them a bit. I find it a bit strange that the first level of stables does not let you recruit Wargs.

So my question which file do i need to edit to let Isengard recruit Wargs from the first stables. And what do i need to change.
    Open export_descr_buildings.txt found in the data-folder

Code:
    ;############################################################
    ;######################### STABLES ##########################
    ;############################################################
    building equestrian
    {
        convert_to c_equestrian
        levels stables knights_stables barons_stables earls_stables kings_stables 
        {
            stables castle requires factions { sicily, byzantium, milan, scotland, turks, byzantium, spain, venice, france, hre, portugal, egypt, mongols, saxons, dunland, } 
            {
                convert_to 0
                capability
                {
    (...)
    This is also the first level of the stable so go down to the end of that first section recrutement list (the end look like this);
    Code:
    (...)
                    recruit_pool "Goblin Wargs"  1   0.08   1  0  requires factions { hre, portugal, }  and region_religion catholic 25 and hidden_resource mountains
                    recruit_pool "Goblin Wargs"  1   0.06   1  0  requires factions { hre, portugal, }  and region_religion catholic 25 and hidden_resource grasland
                    recruit_pool "Goblin Wargs"  1   0.04   1  0  requires factions { hre, portugal, }  and region_religion catholic 25 and hidden_resource forest or hidden_resource desert
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    and add the Isengard Wargs:
    Code:
                    recruit_pool "Wargs"  1   0.08   2  0  requires factions { france, }  and region_religion catholic 33 and hidden_resource mountains
                    recruit_pool "Wargs"  1   0.06   1  0  requires factions { france, }  and region_religion catholic 33 and hidden_resource grasland
                    recruit_pool "Wargs"  1   0.04   1  0  requires factions { france, }  and region_religion catholic 33 and hidden_resource forest or hidden_resource desert
    so it look like this:
    Code:
    (...)
                    recruit_pool "Goblin Wargs"  1   0.08   1  0  requires factions { hre, portugal, }  and region_religion catholic 25 and hidden_resource mountains
                    recruit_pool "Goblin Wargs"  1   0.06   1  0  requires factions { hre, portugal, }  and region_religion catholic 25 and hidden_resource grasland
                    recruit_pool "Goblin Wargs"  1   0.04   1  0  requires factions { hre, portugal, }  and region_religion catholic 25 and hidden_resource forest or hidden_resource desert
                 recruit_pool "Wargs"  1   0.08   2  0  requires factions { france, }  and region_religion catholic 33 and hidden_resource mountains
                 recruit_pool "Wargs"  1   0.06   1  0  requires factions { france, }  and region_religion catholic 33 and hidden_resource grasland
                 recruit_pool "Wargs"  1   0.04   1  0  requires factions { france, }  and region_religion catholic 33 and hidden_resource forest or hidden_resource desert
            trade_base_income_bonus bonus 1 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    Save and you should be done.
    Last edited by Ngugi; September 27, 2012 at 05:17 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Great thanks just what i wanted +1 rep

Does the AI always have trouble when attacking Osgiliath? It was just attacked there and the orcs just stood around not moving their siege engines ir anything

they dont do that in osgiliath for me...however they DO do that in Imladris...

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

They don't need siege equipment in either city
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Incomitatus's Avatar Ducenarius

They need siege equipment if they attack W. Osgiliath from E. Osgiliath, but a lot of times they only move one ram to try, then the rest all stand around, even if they have more rams.
    Homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto. - Terence

My M2:TW 4TPY Script, Adapted to Work With Hotseat.

Guides and Useful Posts of Mine
    Middle Earth Strategikon (M2:TW: TATW 3.2)(WIP: ~60% Complete)
    Advice on Playing as Gondor - Part I - Part II (M2:TW: TATW 3.2)
    Dirty Secret to Killing Trolls Fast and Easy (M2:TW: TATW)
    The Basics of Naval Engagements Part I - Part II (EMPIRE: DMUC)
    Roman Army Composition and Use (RTW: RTR Platinum)

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Bowmaster View Post
    In a battle, sometimes the enemy goes to "infighting". What does that mean? They just stand there, some taunting, some being lazy, some being ready.
    It's something some special abilities do (e.g. Gandalf's). It means the unit will stop moving for a short time, unless it's in a fight I think.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Incomitatus View Post
    They need siege equipment if they attack W. Osgiliath from E. Osgiliath, but a lot of times they only move one ram to try, then the rest all stand around, even if they have more rams.
    I doubt you'd need siege equipment when there are no walls between east and west Osgiliath.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Perhaps the AI are having problems understand there's a breach in the walls and thus do not attack - as they have no wall or door to bash down and the whole damn place is a breach? ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Incomitatus's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    I doubt you'd need siege equipment when there are no walls between east and west Osgiliath.
    Yes, there are. I was... surprised.. to discover this. But the open archways in that building with all the columns? They get gates when besieged, and the wall above can be garrisoned with archers. The only way to get to the victory square is effectively walled off, with two potential gates to ram to get through. I was pleasantly surprised to discover this, as a defender. It would ruin my calm if I were attacking and didn't know it.
    Homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto. - Terence

My M2:TW 4TPY Script, Adapted to Work With Hotseat.

Guides and Useful Posts of Mine
    Middle Earth Strategikon (M2:TW: TATW 3.2)(WIP: ~60% Complete)
    Advice on Playing as Gondor - Part I - Part II (M2:TW: TATW 3.2)
    Dirty Secret to Killing Trolls Fast and Easy (M2:TW: TATW)
    The Basics of Naval Engagements Part I - Part II (EMPIRE: DMUC)
    Roman Army Composition and Use (RTW: RTR Platinum)

Yep that's how it works^

And I replayed the battle and the AI worked fine

at imladris the enemy just sits there...and sits there...and sits there... so i had to waste 1/2 my army in an attack against them QQ

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

You could also let them sit there... It would cost you no men, neither would it cost them any but you win. How can you lose half your men when playing as Elves btw? Even when you scrue up bad you should be able to win with less than 25/30% casualties unless the AI army is like 5 times as big.