Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Eye of Sauron above unit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    By building blacksmiths in other settlements you create 'guild points' that enable you to build guilds (trough offerings at the start of turns).

OBS, make sure you do not build inay other guild in the city as there can only be one in each settlement
    Is the 10000 in ther treasury an actual requirement or the cost of the guild

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Dunno what Guild that requires 10k, but unless you have the cash to build a guild when offered, you can't build it even if you choose Yes.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Libertus

Hi, I have a problem with instalation of TATW 3.0 part 2. It doesn't start. I succesfully instaled TATW 3.0 part 1, but part 2 aren't responding. I've tried run in as administrator, with different campatibility, I even downloaded it again, but still nothing. I have a new PC with Win10. I've never had that problem at my old PC with Win7. Any ideas whats wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Stodul View Post
    Hi, I have a problem with instalation of TATW 3.0 part 2. It doesn't start. I succesfully instaled TATW 3.0 part 1, but part 2 aren't responding. I've tried run in as administrator, with different campatibility, I even downloaded it again, but still nothing. I have a new PC with Win10. I've never had that problem at my old PC with Win7. Any ideas whats wrong?
    Right mouse click on that file, go to Properties-General, and at the bottom where it says "Security", press "Unblock". Apply and OK.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Libertus

Thank you, it is working.

When i try to host a game on multiplayer (Custom Battle or Scenario), after selecting the map, the game crashes to Desktop when i click on the "next" button. My friend has the same issue. It works fine in Singleplayer as well as in LAN games.
    Any solution for that?

chriskourou's Avatar Semisalis

How can I play this game using Steam ?

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by chriskourou View Post
    How can I play this game using Steam ?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...TW-3-0-and-3-2
    good luck
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Thanks I've seen that.. and I commented on this thread too. See, I've never used steam, so I'd like someone to tell me how to get the game from scratch. Do I have to buy M2TWK on steam first and THEN install the patches ?
    Last edited by chriskourou; February 21, 2017 at 02:41 PM.

Yes, M2 bought through Steam first (including Kingdoms ofc).
    Then direct the TATW installers to the folder where M2 is installed [subfolders to Steam].

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks Ngugi, will do.

Are anyone nows, how to build chariots whit Rhun faction?

Hello Stajant,
    you can not recruit chariots in TATW.

They are only avilable in some submods, but then you have to ask in the threads of those submods, not here, as this thread is for TATW.

So, I did get M2TWK from Steam and installed TATW. I really want to play online, but every battle seems to be incompatible. I am using a clean 3.2. What do u think is the problem here ?

And when I'm trying to host a game, it crashes
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 27, 2017 at 06:55 AM.

You're using one of the Kingdoms-installations for TATW? AFAIK you must rename the TATW-folder into one of them (think Teutonic is the most commonly used for TATW MP) while you rename the one the name is taken from into whatever, and run Teutonic through steam (and in that way start TATW).
    Never done this myself though, so no further input to give on my part.

Thanks for the response... I did this in order not to get the "Kingdoms missing" problem:

Manual MethodThe tried and tested method for a long time now:

1. Locate the steam folder containing the game's executable: in your Steam game library right click Medieval II: Total War and select 'Properties' in the drop down menu. In the new window click the 'Local Files' tab and then click 'Browse Local files'.
    2. Make a copy of the medieval2 application file: select\highlight the file, press Ctlr+C and then press Ctlr+V. This will create a file named 'medieval2 - Copy' - now select\highlight this file and press F2, this will allow you to change the name of the file. Proceed and rename it to kingdoms, press return once you are finished.

I think I can play the game, but I really want to play online. Every "game" in multiplayer mode seems incompatible and when I try to host one, it crashes. I apologise for repeating myself

Last edited by chriskourou; February 26, 2017 at 04:56 PM.

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Hi guys

I want to get back into this mod - not played since 1.4 or 2.1 - I think it was 1.4 I played mostly.

Does the 'play with your own music' http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wn-Music/page7 still work ok on 3.2? Also can I remove the garrison script / edit the trolls health etc still on 3.2?

(using steam)

Thanks

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    Hi guys

I want to get back into this mod - not played since 1.4 or 2.1 - I think it was 1.4 I played mostly.

Does the 'play with your own music' http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...wn-Music/page7 still work ok on 3.2? Also can I remove the garrison script / edit the trolls health etc still on 3.2?

(using steam)

Thanks
    I dont know for your first question but the orther two are yes
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    I dont know for your first question but the orther two are yes
    Thankyou.

This is the thread I have bookmarked for Script & Barracks removal:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-event-removal

I can find the Garrison and Money script fine. But I can't seem to find the Help AI factions script or Germanic Stakes script. Have they changed name on the campaign_script.txt now?

Thanks

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    Thankyou.

This is the thread I have bookmarked for Script & Barracks removal:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-event-removal

I can find the Garrison and Money script fine. But I can't seem to find the Help AI factions script or Germanic Stakes script. Have they changed name on the campaign_script.txt now?

Thanks
    Germanicu5's stakes script starts at line 52764, I'm not sure what you mean by the Help AI factions script but I presume it's the Help weakened factions script starting at line 3988.