Page 9 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Here I go again^^

1. How can I effectively fend sieges? I try to destroy/burn the siege machines, but my archers can't get them down. And what shall I do against ladder attacks? If the ladders are on the walls once, is there any possibility to destroy them?

2. Is there anywhere a information how much income a particular resource gives?

3. Some buildings lack of information what effect they have... e.g. scultor's workshop? What does he do?

4. Can it be that the CPU isn't negotiating with me at all? Never seen a diplomat make any offers to me till now.

Thanks again, not for the last time I guess.^^

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

1. It's nearly impossible to set fire to siege engines, the only time I managed to do that was when the OoG attacked me at Carn Dûm which had Ballista Towers. Let your archers fire at the crews operating the engines to decimate them, that's much more effective. Siege towers protect the operating crews from arrows pretty well, ladders don't. Elven Archers should kill most of them until they're at the walls and should have no problem killing the rest in melee.

2. Probably somewhere in the files, but I'm not sure about that.

3. I think the Sculptor's Workshop gives you guild points, use the forum search, it's been asked many times.

4. They do send diplomats from time to time, though not very often. You'll have to do most of the negotiations yourself.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Rhaenys Targaryen's Avatar Campidoctor

Does anyone know what the team is working on currently? Like will there be a 3.3 soon? (Or even a 4.0 sometime in the future? )

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Suleiman the Magnificent View Post
    Does anyone know what the team is working on currently?
    Nope

Like will there be a 3.3 soon? (Or even a 4.0 sometime in the future? )
    No idea

I don't know if this belongs here, but if I'm short on time and can't manually complete a siege that is a certainty I will win (for example the bar looks like: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII) and use auto-fight (which I've only done twice because of time issues), will all the enemy forces be killed/capture including the general/faction hier/head? I recently had to do this with I think the faction heir as the general defending the city and I didn't recieve a notice that he was killed and he didn't show up in my ransom list

Or do faction heirs not get a notification they are killed as with faction heads? :O

Again, I've only done auto fight a few times and that's because it was a certain win and I didn't have time to battle it out.

Anyone knows how to make your archers continu to fire when engaged in meel fighting? Seems like AI can do this so woner if I can do the same.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Depends on if you're the attacker or the defended, but as it seems you're the attacker the heir is dead. I don't think heirs get the message, no
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

As Eriador I gave the hobbits autonomy but I keep getting a message "construction difficulties" telling me to send a governor to the settlement and clear queue and recommission roads. Im not sure what im supposed to do here? which settlement does it mean?

I have MOS btw.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Suppersopp View Post
    Anyone knows how to make your archers continu to fire when engaged in meel fighting? Seems like AI can do this so woner if I can do the same.
    You can't when they just engage in melee (when they meet) but you can order them to continue firing after this, this works most of the time and almost all of your archers will fire.

Question for the lore experts Aragorn is supposed to go to the area with the cursed men that refused to help the king of Gondor and are waiting to do their oath etc, which region is that?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Erech. It's a small village in the mountain area north of Gondor
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

1. Do bulildings have current costs? Or only build costs?

2. I'm playing darwves atm and have conquered over 13 regions. Nevertheless money problems remain. When I built 1-2 units of iron breakers I have no income anymore. Is it because my cities must grow first to make more tax income? I only have one "nearly-full stack army", in other regions there is only one unit per village, except the border regions.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    I don't know if this belongs here, but if I'm short on time and can't manually complete a siege that is a certainty I will win (for example the bar looks like: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII) and use auto-fight (which I've only done twice because of time issues), will all the enemy forces be killed/capture including the general/faction hier/head? I recently had to do this with I think the faction heir as the general defending the city and I didn't recieve a notice that he was killed and he didn't show up in my ransom list

Or do faction heirs not get a notification they are killed as with faction heads? :O

Again, I've only done auto fight a few times and that's because it was a certain win and I didn't have time to battle it out.
    if you auto resolve siege battles its possible that not all the defenders are killed/captured. its kinda like fighting it on the map. it takes into account the possibility of you capturing the town square while enemies are still alive and fighting. if the time runs out while theyre still sstanding theyre neither counted as killed or captured. i found that out the hard way with Faramir

Around what turn does Mordor start attacking with more powerful troops? I say this because at turn 85 Mordor is still sending weak hordes of raiders, bands and maulers (sometimes Morannon guard and perhaps a unit of troll catapult) which get easily decimated by my forces. The Mordor front is getting boring.

it depends on how the game is going. if mordor is doing poorly, theyre less inclined to show up on your doorstep with high tier troops. your best bet, if you want them to give you a challenge, would be to pull back your forces to only a few chokes like Cair Andros and West Osgiliath, and let them take the areas east of the river. this usually gives them more incentive to build stronger stacks and attack you. however, this may be your undoing, because the last thing you want is 2-3 units of Olog-Hai crashing through your forces in the tightly packed streets of Osgiliath.

Um....are there two Aragorns in Eriador? I found an Aragorn with the movie picture and then another Aragorn with the generic general picture @.@
    Is this something to do with lore?

On a more important note, if I play as the OotMM and I take Imladris and the rebel town underneath ("Ost" something) can I count on Isengard and OoG to take the rebel settlements surrounding those two/keep Eriador and the High Elves off my back while I focus on the Silvan Elves in the East? I've played as Isengad and the OoG before and the OotMM took both settlements mention above (yea, THOSE guys took Rivendell xD) both times. Everytime I've played, OoG has succesfully all but wiped Eriador off the map, even when they formed as Arnor, but I feel if the High Elves don't go to war with the dwarves (which to me is a 50/50), they're going plow through Gundabad.
    I guess what I'm really asking, is will the AI go through two, possibly three, factions' areas just to reach me? I know from experience that if you border your enemy, they'll come after you when they're strong enough, but what about when there's other factions in the way?

I know I have to watch out for the dwarves, but I've already beaten back the first wave (killed Balin with Snagas ). Someone said in a guide to build watchtowers, but I don't know how to do that either...

Sorry for the long post, but if I were to order my questions in importance it would be:

1. how to build watchtowers
    2. Two Aragorns?
    3. OotMM questions

Thanks!

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

1. Your generals can build watctowers on the map in most places where they can stand.
    Its a botton down to the right that gives you the alternative when you have a general marked. I put it in red rings here.
    Attachment 243025

2. The names for a faction are not uniqe. If we want Aragorn to be named Aragorn (which we ofc want hehe) we also as a consequence face that the name is used for other characters of that same faction as they are picked from the same files.

3. No, the AI will not hunt you. Unless you're 'next door' or through an Invasion it will not attack you or try to invade you, certainly not by going trough another faction. That they might do anyway but then because they want to take that faction out, not because of the player.
    Last edited by Ngugi; November 11, 2012 at 08:35 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Default Regicide

Playing a campain as Dale which Im really into, when along pops Thorin the dwarf who casually asks me to kill his father Dain.

I'm staying true to lore and have a good relationship with the dwarves, What should I do? Should I risk an assassination attempt or do I let the mission pass and take the knock to relations? What do you guys do when presented lore breaking missions or choices? Do you try and keep the story on track or bend it to your own benovelent will?!

Default Re: Regicide

Do you even have a chance to assassinate someone like that?

usmarine2be's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Regicide

The only time I ever got a message like that was when I was in the same situation as you, playing as Dale. I tried assassinating him once or twice but failed and just took the relations hit. IIRC it wasn't a significant drop.