Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: How do I trigget Woodsman guild for HE/SE?

Quote Originally Posted by SuwinTzi View Post
    Namely the conditions...
    In TATW Elves do not have Woodsmens Guild, so I assume you are playing a submod? Ask in that submods thread directly instead

Edit:
    hmm, weird, while the experot_descr_buildings.txt say only Dale have that guild, there's a trigger for HE (egypt) and SE (mongols) to get as look like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ;------------------------------------------
    Trigger 0182_Recruit_Archers
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

Condition FactionType egypt
    and UnitType Elf Archer

Guild woodsmens_guild s 8

Trigger 0183_Recruit_Archers
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

and UnitType Elf Archer2

Guild woodsmens_guild s 10

Trigger 0184_Recruit_Archers
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

and UnitType Elf Archer3

Guild woodsmens_guild s 12

Trigger 0185_Recruit_Archers
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

Condition FactionType mongols
    and UnitType Elf Archer

Guild woodsmens_guild s 8

Trigger 0186_Recruit_Archers
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

and UnitType Silvan Archer

Guild woodsmens_guild s 10

Trigger 0187_Recruit_Archers
    WhenToTest UnitTrained

and UnitType Elf Guard

Guild woodsmens_guild s 12
    Meaning that if you recruit archers, you earn guild points for the woodmens_guild. When you have enough points the game will give you the offer.
    Also building tavern-buildings will provide some guild points.

The guild can be built in forest regions with a city or higher settlement.
    Last edited by Ngugi; December 16, 2014 at 09:26 AM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Maybe those triggers are leftovers from an earlier version of TATW, where Elves did get that guild. That's just speculation on my part: I have no idea if Elves get offers for that guild in 3.2.

EDIT: if they don't get the offers then perhaps, because those triggers already exist, simply add egypt and mongols to the EDB...

woodsmens_guild requires factions { scotland, egypt, mongols, } and hidden_resource forest

Ditto for m_woodsmens_guild and gm_woodsmens_guild.
    Last edited by Withwnar; December 16, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Hello again, guys, another question

My general can obtain BattleChivalry and BattleDread for various reasons (i looked that into that character traits file) but how can they lose it? For example I have a general, who obtained Winning First. I know there are some conditions under which he can lose this trait. Anyone knows what are they?
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't know what conditions trigger them, but it's easy to find out. The way traits work is that to gain a trait the general needs a certain level of the trait, which is given to him by triggers.

Code:
    Affects BattleChivalry  1  Chance 100
    The 1 means that the general will gain 1 more point in that trait, but it can be reversed by changing it to -1, or any other number for that matter. I also assume BattleChivalry and BattleDread are antitraits, which means that when a general gains one point in either, the other will be reduced, ensuring he can't have both dread and chivalry traits. Furthermore there are traits from which you can't reverse, which is decided by the NoGoingBackLevel attribute.

Hope I'm of help
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I also assume BattleChivalry and BattleDread are antitraits
    A fair assumption but no, they're not; a character could have both at the same time, which is a bit odd. And there are no triggers to remove either of them.

Damn! I would swear there were triggers to remove those traits last time I played this game...I am pretty sure of that. However, I cant find any in the export_descr_character_traits, so there are gone now...

Edit: I hate when my generals have both dread and chivalry. For some reason they always end like this, no matter what I try to get with them.
    Last edited by Lothar135; December 18, 2014 at 05:27 AM.
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar135 View Post
    Damn! I would swear there were triggers to remove those traits last time I played this game...I am pretty sure of that. However, I cant find any in the export_descr_character_traits, so there are gone now...

Edit: I hate when my generals have both dread and chivalry. For some reason they always end like this, no matter what I try to get with them.
    You can of course remove them with the console if it bothers you. Just type 'remove_trait BattleDread/BattleChivalry' and they will go away (in case you didn't know this).

Wait so this mod doesn't have a torrent download? Or at least a download with 3.2 ready and waiting, without patching and fixing?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

There's supposed to be a torrent somewhere, seen it linked on occasion, but never hear of any DL where all is combined and done, no.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    There's supposed to be a torrent somewhere, seen it linked on occasion, but never hear of any DL where all is combined and done, no.
    That's a little surprising to me, considering such a big modding community or rather sub mod community, that nobody just merged the original installation file and the patches into one definitive .exe installer.

I have a question, not really willing to look for answer, i installed medieval 2 gold, do i need to patch the game or can i just install TATW?
    The words of a banished king "I swear revenge"
    Filled with anger aflamed our hearts
    Full of hate full of pride
    We screamed for revenge

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Gold is autopatched to 1.4 or 1.5 I think, shouldn't need to patch it manually.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    I have a question, not really willing to look for answer, i installed medieval 2 gold, do i need to patch the game or can i just install TATW?
    Seems to me that you can install it with no problems, as the Gold Edition does provide the Kingdoms expansion.
    If patch 1.5 is not provided, you would probably do best to install that one (read the FAQ in the OP).

Edit:
    Last edited by Greymane; December 24, 2014 at 06:33 AM.

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    That's a little surprising to me, considering such a big modding community or rather sub mod community, that nobody just merged the original installation file and the patches into one definitive .exe installer.
    I think that has to do with King Kong being the only one who has the right to decide how or where to release his work. Since he didn't release it by torrent, other people also didn't package&release it, either due to not having rights or having the proper respect to King Kong and his work. This is after all a highly respected modder, the people around here (with very few exceptions that get banned) are intelectuals and have proper manners, all in all not the usual suspects downloading from PiratBuran.

Done ranting, but does that answer your question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Hi everyone, I have one question. I can't find anywhere how to train additional Fountain Guard, while playing as Gondor. Is it possible to train additional companies od them? I can't even retrain one company of Fountain Guard, which Gondor starts with, even when I have top tier barracks and Gondor Fiefdom Barracks.

They can be recruited only in Minas Tirith and then only from a Royal Barracks.

Oh wait, "Gondor Fiefdom Barracks"? Doesn't sound like vanilla TATW. Ask in the thread of whatever submod you're using.

Hello

where and how should i install the mod if i have medieval 2 on Steam? i tried some time ago and gave up after a while but i want to give it another shot now ^^

thanks!

riuk881's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by blooddrop View Post
    Hello

where and how should i install the mod if i have medieval 2 on Steam? i tried some time ago and gave up after a while but i want to give it another shot now ^^

thanks!
    go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-3-2-Released
    It's not a question of where it grips it. It's a simple questions of weight ratios; a five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    They can be recruited only in Minas Tirith and then only from a Royal Barracks.

Oh wait, "Gondor Fiefdom Barracks"? Doesn't sound like vanilla TATW. Ask in the thread of whatever submod you're using.
    Yes, I have MOS installed. Thanks

Icon5 2 questions please.

1- How can i rearrange the units cards?
    On the units tab screen in both campaign mode and battle mode.

2- I had a campaign with Rhun the other day and i expanded tell i reached the dwarfs strongholds in the north and they were very will developed but after converting the population the unit wait time to be recruited was too much. to the point that something like easterling cavalry or clan guards could take up to 12 turns to show up on the recruitment panel as ready to recruit
    Is this because i'm too far from home?
    or something to do with me being in a mountain area?