Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62112137152153154155156157158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Germanicu5's stakes script starts at line 52764, I'm not sure what you mean by the Help AI factions script but I presume it's the Help weakened factions script starting at line 3988.
    Thank you. The Help AI factions reference was on the link I linked - I guess like you say it has changed name since that thread was made and hopefully it's the 'Help weakened factions' now. It did this: This widely hated (and, as you guessed, unrealistic) script gives troops to the AI to help them expand, defend, survive and invade better.

One quick question I hope - playing as Gondor I noticed Harad took over 'Barad Harn' at the end of the first turn even though they had no units nearby. Is that another script?

Also - which file do I edit to edit the unit values? (e.g. take 2 turns to create the unit / 4 units to refresh etc)

Thanks
    Last edited by Coxy; March 01, 2017 at 08:01 AM.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Q: yes, all AI factions auto-conquer a or a few settlements at first end turn. This partly because not starting with those are to give the player some challenge, and partly because the AI operates better that way.

Also: http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml
    Read up on line "stat_cost"
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml
    Search for "The first part, recruit_pool" and read up on that section

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    Thank you. The Help AI factions reference was on the link I linked - I guess like you say it has changed name since that thread was made and hopefully it's the 'Help weakened factions' now. It did this: This widely hated (and, as you guessed, unrealistic) script gives troops to the AI to help them expand, defend, survive and invade better.

One quick question I hope - playing as Gondor I noticed Harad took over 'Barad Harn' at the end of the first turn even though they had no units nearby. Is that another script?

Also - which file do I edit to edit the unit values? (e.g. take 2 turns to create the unit / 4 units to refresh etc)

Thanks
    Those features you mention are spread over at least three scripts, the AI Setup script (starts at line 107), the Help Weakened Factions script mentioned before and the AI Invasions script (line 4734). The first gives some extra armies and King's purse as well as the automatic expansion at turn 1. The Help Weakened Factions is the one that spawns some stacks when a faction is struggling and the AI invasions scripts has some scripted invasions by Gondor and the Corsairs of Umbar.

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Q: yes, all AI factions auto-conquer a or a few settlements at first end turn. This partly because not starting with those are to give the player some challenge, and partly because the AI operates better that way.

Also: http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml
    Read up on line "stat_cost"
    http://medieval2.heavengames.com/m2t...de/index.shtml
    Search for "The first part, recruit_pool" and read up on that section
    Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Those features you mention are spread over at least three scripts, the AI Setup script (starts at line 107), the Help Weakened Factions script mentioned before and the AI Invasions script (line 4734). The first gives some extra armies and King's purse as well as the automatic expansion at turn 1. The Help Weakened Factions is the one that spawns some stacks when a faction is struggling and the AI invasions scripts has some scripted invasions by Gondor and the Corsairs of Umbar.
    Thank you both! So very helpful thank you - really appreciate your time.

I have removed 'AI Setup', 'Garrison', 'Money' and the 'Help Weakened Factions' script.
    Am I right in saying that I can edit the export_descr_unit file whenever I want and it will affect my actual saved game?

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Coxy View Post
    Am I right in saying that I can edit the export_descr_unit file whenever I want and it will affect my actual saved game?
    Yes, you are right! I've tried it many times and it worked.

Coxy's Avatar Miles

Thanks for all of the help above guys - really appreciate it.

My current problem is that when I double click the game's icon it opens up Medieval instead of Third Age. I close the game, and then double click Third Age again and this time it loads fine. So it's not a massive problem because I just have to close down Medieval and then try again.

But any idea why? I followed the advice from the 3.2 thread and then also that one that someone has written recently about Steam installations..

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

How do you exactly modify the Keyboard Settings?

I want to get rid of the Toggle Sound option in the Key settings of the game but i can't find any way to "Clear" a Slot(?)

Any idea(?)

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

I don't think you can clear it. You can only assign it to a different key.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenor View Post
    How do you exactly modify the Keyboard Settings?

I want to get rid of the Toggle Sound option in the Key settings of the game but i can't find any way to "Clear" a Slot(?)

Any idea(?)
    You can change it, but can`t clear the key slot. Use this method to change it.

descr_shortcuts.TXT file is in your: Medieval II Total War\mods\ folder where Third Age 3.2 is installed\data\text folder.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Actually,though I love following the general discourse and subject coverage,I've a question that someone may well have an answer for;
    I've noted when using shell that while some units will indeed be as listed/named appropriately for use with 'create_unit' others just don't seem to be creatable by the names provided in said unit txt document.
    Might anyone know of where we might find a more accurate listing of units' 'true' names or designations for this purpose? If so providing a link to it (if such exists) would be phenominal and truly appreciated.

data/export_descr_unit.txt (aka .edu).

data/text/export_units.txt references the .edu file. It has to have underscores instead of spaces for all the names so they are not identical to the .edu which has names with spaces and with underscores.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 12, 2017 at 08:08 PM.

create_unit requires the unit Type. To find that out you need to work backwards from export_units.txt to export_descr_unit.txt...

e.g. "Bow Quendi" is the game name. Find that in export_units.txt...

Code:
    {Elf_Archer2}	Bow Quendi
    "Elf_Archer2" is the Dictionary name for it. Find that in export_descr_unit.txt...

Code:
    type             Elf Archer2
    dictionary       Elf_Archer2
    The type is "Elf Archer2". That is what to use...

Code:
    create_unit Elrond "Elf Archer2" 1

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Is there any way to force Military Expansion?

I'm currently playing as the High Elves and Eriador has full stacks in the center of his kingdom, Rohan was annihilated and Isengard has every region between Eriador and Gondor.

What i am currently trying to do is take Regions from Isegard with just a few units and then exchange them to Eriador, i can't spare that many units since i am helping the Silvan Elves with the Dwarves.

If they are already at war then there isn't anything else to be done other than console moving the armies into action.

Install this CAI, that should fix em. It is saved game compatible. Make a backup of your current file first. They should start putting those armies to work right away.

Total Diplomacy lets you tell an ally to start invading an enemy's regions. Not save game compatible.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Eriador has no borders against the enemy. Think you migth have to recommend the Tôl Acharn instead; so WSC for both of them ^^

As for the ongoing camapign; give Eriador the castle Agorn, so they get a front against Isengard?

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

hello!! was wondering if there is a way to take away all the dirt that gets on the units! they get FULL DIRT on them almost right away!!

SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\overlaytextures

Replace those files with the ones for vanilla TATW (assuming you are playing a submod that changed them), or M2TW. There is also a blood pack included in the thread I linked three posts above, it has no dirt just lots of various blood. Make backups of your files before replacing anything.

Hello! It's the first time i invade Mordor and i couldn't find the witch king anywhere until i started besieging Barad-dur and he spamed (with a nice full stack).

I tried to associate this with any script that i already knew about like the Help Weakened Faction but it is not the case. Seems to be a specific scripted spam that only procs when assaulting the great bad boy eye (barad-dur), but as much as i seach i couldn't find the code in the campaing_script archive that descrives it.
    So, where is this coded? And are therein more events like this? Apart from the commonly know like the balrog, ents and the dead army.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by RamsayBL96 View Post
    Hello! It's the first time i invade Mordor and i couldn't find the witch king anywhere until i started besieging Barad-dur and he spamed (with a nice full stack).

I tried to associate this with any script that i already knew about like the Help Weakened Faction but it is not the case. Seems to be a specific scripted spam that only procs when assaulting the great bad boy eye (barad-dur), but as much as i seach i couldn't find the code in the campaing_script archive that descrives it.
    So, where is this coded? And are therein more events like this? Apart from the commonly know like the balrog, ents and the dead army.
    Hello Ramsay, welcome to TWC
    It seems to be tied to Baron Samedi's One Ring script, but my version of 3.2 might have been edited a bit. Look for Nazgula and you will probably find it. (Nazgula is literally Nazgul A, as Nazgulb is the no. 2 on the list, probably Khamul...).
    In submods like MOS the Witchking is also taken of the map to reappear with a full stack when Mordor is down to a few provinces, and variations of this script are also used for other factions.