Page 7 of 167 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

It'll only be there for a limited time of turns (10 I think) after that it'll move to another settlement, and you will get a new message about it
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Default one ring location

i'm playing as eriador and i received a message saying that the one ring has been located in Dol guldur , does it mean sauron will spawn? or he just spawn around turn 200 ?

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

From the FAQ:

Q: How do I acquire the One Ring ?
    A: Through events in your campaign you will be automatically notified where the One Ring might be located. If you conquer the settlement in question (the event will tell you which one) within the given time limit, your general will acquire the One Ring. When this happens an event will automatically pop up explaining you have successfully acquired the One Ring.

Q: What happens if do not acquire the One Ring after receiving several messages about its location ?
    A: If you play as a good faction, the One Ring will always somehow end up in the hands of its former master Sauron. When Sauron is resurrected, he will be introduced on the campaign map in the form of a unique and powerful general. Mordor will also become stronger when this scenario becomes a reality. Your relations with other good factions will be penalized for the fact you haven’t tried to prevent Sauron from regaining the One Ring.

Q: When do I have to take the One Ring to the White Council ?
    A: You must have the One Ring for at least 10 turns in possession when playing as a good faction. After this an event tells you, you have to bring the One Ring to the Council. Based on certain conditions, this can be at (the event will tell you where): Imladris, Mithlond or Caras Galadhon.

Q: Do I have to bring the One Ring to the White Council within the given time-limit with my ringbearer ?
    A:
    It is a requirement if you want to have the possibility to destroy the One Ring later in your campaign. If you fail to meet the demands of the Council leader to show up at the meeting in time, the relations with other good faction will be less good as a result.

Q: What happens if the One Ring gets stolen from my ringbearer ?
    A:
    You will have to be patient and wait until your spies report to you where the One Ring might be located.

Q: What is up with these reduced movement points of my ringbearer ?
    A:
    The closer the One Ring gets to Mount Doom the more it can influence the One Ringbearer. It will become harder and harder to reach Mount Doom. These effects to do not apply to the Nazgûl and Sauron.

Q: When I reach Mordor controlled regions with my ringbearer, they automatically declare war to me. How is this possible ?
    A:
    Mordor and more specifically Sauron want to have the One Ring back. Unconditionally.

Q: How do I destroy the One Ring?
    A:
    You must play as a good faction and you must have accepted the task from the White Council to destroy the One Ring. Bring you ringbearer to Mount Doom and keep him there for more than 5 turns.

Q: What happens if I managed to destroy the One Ring ?
    A:
    Mordor will lose all of their armies on the campaign map.

Q: How do I resurrect Sauron when I play as an evil faction (not when playing as Mordor) ?
    A: First you must acquire the One Ring. Second you will be informed through an event that you have to take the One Ring to Sauron. You can achieve this by positioning your ringbearer in front of the Black Gate. Ensure that the Black Gate and Barad-dûr is controlled by Mordor! If you succeed, Sauron will be very pleased and will reward greatly for bringing the One Ring to him.

Q: What happens if I fail to give the One Ring back to Sauron within the given time-limit ?
    A
    : Sauron will give the order to the other evil factions to take the One Ring from you. They will as a result all declare war to you. You will also lose the Dark Lord’s protection.

Q: How do I resurrect Sauron when I play as Mordor ?
    A: Acquire the One Ring and take it back to Barad-dûr with your ringbearer.

Q: What happens if I let Sauron get killed ?
    A: Besides losing a extremely powerful general , your economy will take a serious ''hit''.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros Frey View Post
    It'll only be there for a limited time of turns (10 I think) after that it'll move to another settlement, and you will get a new message about it
    Ah thanks that's just happened now. But my real question was do I get alerted if another faction has the ring in its possession if thats what happens? If it does then it'll probably happen soon seeing as it's moved to Rhuns capital

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I don't think another faction can get it for gameplay purposes. I'll look at the scripts when I get home in 8 hours though

Ah right. I've read through the FAQ a couple of times now and I'm still trying to work out exactly what happens. I'm trying to work out how Sauron can get the ring if the AI 'evil' factions aren't capable of taking it to him. Does it just happen if the ring appears in Mordor or something?

Q: What happens if do not acquire the One Ring after receiving several messages about its location ?
    A: If you play as a good faction, the One Ring will always somehow end up in the hands of its former master Sauron. When Sauron is resurrected, he will be introduced on the campaign map in the form of a unique and powerful general. Mordor will also become stronger when this scenario becomes a reality. Your relations with other good factions will be penalized for the fact you haven’t tried to prevent Sauron from regaining the One Ring.
    If you're playing as a good faction and fail to retrieve the ring. Sauron will eventually discover it on his own. I'm not sure if the same applies if you're playing an evil faction though.

You just get the ring if you capture the settlement and stay one turn with your general there , i think they should implement a event where a general spawns with the ring and when he is defeated the ring goes to the winner is that possible to do?

Ah right thats explained it thank you. The senario I had in my head was an evil general with the ring marching back to mordor and me having to try and intercept him before he made it.

I have a question about custom battles.
    For some reason, before I could play a seige battle at a fortress like the Hornburg and Minas Tirith. But for some reason now, there's no options in the settlement and culture slots to make it a seige battle :/ Did it break? I had started a new game as the HE, so would that affect custom battles too?

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

It happens to me sometimes too. Just go back to the Single Player menu and back to custom battle again until it works

Some questions i have from my campaign as Rhun

How long do the generals live my king is 110 and i have 4 generals in their 90s

I seem to remember there is a way to keep your army in formation when moving instead of the usual mess with units all out of formation. Which key(s) is it.

The garrison script seems to give certain cities bonus units when i attack them. Is there any way to avoid triggering this. And which cities have a garrison script.

Thanks

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

How long do the generals live my king is 110 and i have 4 generals in their 90s

I seem to remember there is a way to keep your army in formation when moving instead of the usual mess with units all out of formation. Which key(s) is it.
    Group your units

The garrison script seems to give certain cities bonus units when i attack them. Is there any way to avoid triggering this. And which cities have a garrison script.
    Capital cities and those that are "famous" like Carn Dum, Dol Amroth and Weathertop

Default I am still missing something on recruiting Ents

I have used search and read through 3 threads on the subject but I still am not able to recruit ents playing TATW. I am playing as the Silvan Elves and this is turn 200+ in my game.

What conditions must be met in order to recruit them as mercenaries using a general?

-Must I own Fanghorn?
    -Can only certain generals recruit them?
    -I presume they are recruited in the countryside of the Fanghorn territory by right-clicking a general's unit card but I see no mercenaries available for hire
    -Does Isengard having owned the territory earlier in the game terminate their availability?

I believe I have tried all of these conditions and still cannot find them.

Default Re: I am still missing something on recruiting Ents

Quote Originally Posted by DrDragun View Post
    I have used search and read through 3 threads on the subject but I still am not able to recruit ents playing TATW. I am playing as the Silvan Elves and this is turn 200+ in my game.

What conditions must be met in order to recruit them as mercenaries using a general?

-Must I own Fanghorn?
    -Can only certain generals recruit them?
    -I presume they are recruited in the countryside of the Fanghorn territory by right-clicking a general's unit card but I see no mercenaries available for hire
    -Does Isengard having owned the territory earlier in the game terminate their availability?

I believe I have tried all of these conditions and still cannot find them.
    DrDragun: go to this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ecruiting+ents in post 18 Wized gives a pretty complete answer.

I hope this helps
    Real Combat stats for TATW 3 submod by Darth Lord Revan

Thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10821526

Download attachment in OP

Thanks for the info, I actually read that thread before. I was wondering about the mercenary hiring method rather than the autonomy script for this particular game.

They used to be available for hire as mercenaries for Elven factions, but I don't think that option is available any more. You must own Fangorn and give them autonomy.

Could someone explain (once again) what is the difference between battle difficulties? Is it only morale bonus or also stats bonuses and/or AI improvement? Sorry for bringing this but I have found some different answers to this question and I would like to be sure.

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

@ppetrus, I think that the enemy is stronger, and a bit more strategic.

But I also have a question: what are the effects of obedience, command and authority. Command somehow helps in battle, but I don't know how. Authority makes your faction more reliable, but does it have any other effects? I don't know anything about obedience.
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Dwarven Berserker's Avatar Campidoctor

Battle difficulty doesn't do anything besides increasing the enemy morale and reducing your own morale.

Command increases the morale of your units, and I believe makes it more likely for your troops to come back from routing. (maybe it has some other bonus as well, like reducing the enemy morale a bit, but I've never heard of it.)
    Obedience increases tax income as long as the general is gouverning the city and makes it less likely for Inquisitors (or Servants of Sauron in TATW) to kill the general.
    As far as I know, authority only makes it less likely for your armies to ge rebel or get bribed.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    this signature is completely pointless. have a nice day