Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Does armor upgrades are shown on unit card? You know right click and unit stats or only by text Next armor upgrade....

Default Do "Gatehouses" work in 3rd age? (also Merchents etc)

Anyone know?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Do "Gatehouses" work in 3rd age? (also Merchents etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Zbereznik View Post
    Does armor upgrades are shown on unit card? You know right click and unit stats or only by text Next armor upgrade....
    You will see the number of the Armour being higher than before you upgraded if you check the scroll yes, if that's what you wondered?

Quote Originally Posted by LikeUntoGod View Post
    Anyone know?
    If you mean if they have burning oil, then no. If you mean if they shoot arrows, then yes, as long as any of your unit stands by it, same thing for towers, just as in M2.

"Merchents etc"
    Merchants? No, they are not in TATW.
    Don't know what "etc" asks for.
    Last edited by Ngugi; April 12, 2016 at 05:30 PM.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

"Etc" was what else I'm missing, lol.

I also just had my one ring "stolen", I bet it was Gollum...

Yes; each time you select a general with the Ring there's a 5% risk sneaky Gollum steals it.
    A solution can be to put the Ringbearer in an army he do not command, that way when you select the army you do not technically select the Ringbearer and is safe from Gollum. But then again that is to play safe...

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Tarkus2.0's Avatar Laetus

Hi all,

Sorry, couldn't easily find information in this or other threads, so apologies if old news:
    Playing as Silvan elves, and I just got a message saying that Sauron has called for an invasion of a city in Gondor.
    What should be my strategy? Let it happen, or do everything I can to help defeat it?
    Thanks!

In case you happens to be in the proximity you may support them, but otherwise do not waste resources to walk an army there.
    Better to push on with whatever you are doing, and when you have the forces and economy you help Gondor to seriously push back Mordor, and Harad and Isengard depending on how the game played out.
    Last edited by Ngugi; May 25, 2016 at 08:46 AM.

Tarkus2.0's Avatar Laetus

Thanks, Ngugi, for the advice...much appreciated. I wasn't sure if this was some kind of indirect trigger for me to act in a particular way that would influence the coming years in my campaign.
    It's about turn 60...allied with the Dwarves who have done a spectacular job of smacking the OotMM in their northern mountain strongholds. Mordor is toying with me at present, though I'm sure it's about to get real as I finally have Dol Guldur under siege with Prince Legolas. I've just now built up my military industrial complex to the point where I'm producing Elven Horse Archers which should be fun to deploy.

TATW is great stuff!! My upcoming EB-II experience will have to wait until I've conquered Mordor...

Simply walk into Mordor!

Default Who/what are the Nazgul units in tatw 3.2

As mentioned in the title. I had a random experience yesterday of encountering Ji Indur Dawndeath who was an inquisitor, NOT a general? Is this normal for tatw vanilla 3.2?

I thought all 9 Nazgul were generals but that could have been in MOS which have also played years ago. What are these inquisitor Nazgul good for?

And when does ai mordor get them/what does mordor usually do with them? I've only seen one Nazgul in each of my three recent campaigns (apart from ji indur) and it was a random one (but the same guy, forgot his name) not khamul or witch king. Thanks in advance

Default Re: Who/what are the Nazgul units in tatw 3.2

The Papacy/Dark Lord-faction use the same name pool as Mordor. That one of its agents get the same name as a Mordor general [in this case, one of the Nazgul] is merely a random coincident.

The Nazgul are spawned over time, to prohibit they're stacked into an OP army from start, as well as to prohibit they're all killed off in the early game, which is less fun for folks fighting Mordor.

HEY GUYS! Im brand new here and was hoping to gain a little modding insight and recommendations. I did play MTW2 Kingdoms for a bit when i bought the disc and I loved it. I moved on then to third age total war 3.2 which was a blast, and then I got into Divide And Conquer which has been loads of fun. I went to install the new 1.01 version of DaC and I had thought i did everything right but couldnt play unfortunately. So i went about uninstalling everything third age related from my computer. I still have the Third Age and Dac Downloads for my Dac 1.01 installation ready but now even with reinstalling MTW2 kingdoms through steam (which tells me I own it) I cant even play MTW2 and Im very confused. I reinstalled it yesterday completely from steam and left the start up bar blank in the launcher settings and I still got nothing. All it says whenever i try to open it from steam (i have it in place of teutonic) or the desktop icon it just says "medieval total war has suffered a fatal error and will now exit. I own the disc and Own it through steam as well so Im told and I am reinstalling it now in hopes it will work. I'm hoping someone can put me in the right direction and help me be able to play these awesome games again as I am stumped completely. Thanks in Advance!!

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DocShwillings View Post
    HEY GUYS! Im brand new here and was hoping to gain a little modding insight and recommendations. I did play MTW2 Kingdoms for a bit when i bought the disc and I loved it. I moved on then to third age total war 3.2 which was a blast, and then I got into Divide And Conquer which has been loads of fun. I went to install the new 1.01 version of DaC and I had thought i did everything right but couldnt play unfortunately. So i went about uninstalling everything third age related from my computer. I still have the Third Age and Dac Downloads for my Dac 1.01 installation ready but now even with reinstalling MTW2 kingdoms through steam (which tells me I own it) I cant even play MTW2 and Im very confused. I reinstalled it yesterday completely from steam and left the start up bar blank in the launcher settings and I still got nothing. All it says whenever i try to open it from steam (i have it in place of teutonic) or the desktop icon it just says "medieval total war has suffered a fatal error and will now exit. I own the disc and Own it through steam as well so Im told and I am reinstalling it now in hopes it will work. I'm hoping someone can put me in the right direction and help me be able to play these awesome games again as I am stumped completely. Thanks in Advance!!
    when using a submod always ask in the submods own thread in this case it is here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-Version-1-01
    good luck though
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Hey,

I hope you can help me.
    I have a problem with starting LAN games. I would like to play with a freind.
    We have the same Version but we can't see each other or the games we host.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by 27Walker View Post
    Hey,

I hope you can help me.
    I have a problem with starting LAN games. I would like to play with a freind.
    We have the same Version but we can't see each other or the games we host.
    try this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ompatible-quot
    good luck
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I was with two full stacks ready to siege Isengard, tried to put them close to each other in order to attack it with both but it seems it's possible to siege only with a single army, isn't it? Now... why? Why you did this? I mean, I've prepared two full armies on purpose, especially since I knew Isengard had garrison script. Anyway, if I kill as many units as I can in the siege, not managing to capture the city though, sieging it next turn will make all units restored or I'll find them weakened due to my previous attack?

The TATW devs aren't around any longer, so no point in asking directly

One of two reasons I presume, if not both; if there are more than two armies, even if they stand on the same side of the settlement, the one who do not attack is deployed on some other side of the settlement in battle. Likely that would not work with the custom settlement settings but cause problems. Secondly it possibly would be against the lore geography with an approaching army not coming form the south, but pop up north behind the fortress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    One of two reasons I presume, if not both; if there are more than two armies, even if they stand on the same side of the settlement, the one who do not attack is deployed on some other side of the settlement in battle. Likely that would not work with the custom settlement settings but cause problems.
    What could occur?

Secondly it possibly would be against the lore geography with an approaching army not coming form the south, but pop up north behind the fortress.
    Uh... What?

Can you explain me why, once sieged Isengard but failed, next turn an almost full stack appears right outside of the settlement? They control only Isengard and no other army was around before, where the hell popped out that? It's the garrison script army? If so, sieging it again would make garrison script enabling again? So another army?
    Last edited by Sigur Rós; August 26, 2016 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    What could occur?
    It could crash or the second attacking army would be stuck somewhere in the terrain where they can't join battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    Can you explain me why, once sieged Isengard but failed, next turn an almost full stack appears right outside of the settlement? They control only Isengard and no other army was around before, where the hell popped out that? It's the garrison script army? If so, sieging it again would make garrison script enabling again? So another army?
    That do not sounds like a garrison script, but as either the free army AI factions get around turn 50, or more likely the Last Stand-script that grant AI factions a free army when they lost almost all their settlements, to give them a last chance to push back and keep up the fighting.

i have some issue, when i play multiplayer i got desync, last night i play MP at The Black Gate and there a notice that im get desync,the map is not black gate just normal town with mordor plains in the background, but other player said they are in the actual black gate map, then i try at custom battle play minas tirith,edoras,moria etc and still get the error when i play minas tirith it just show normal Huge City like in vanilla with white mountains and pelennor fields in the backgroung, same thing with edoras and moria,now i just play TATW pitch battle MP, can somebody help me? thanks