Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EndGame02 View Post
    So Im having issues playing with Isengard faction and some units in mordor, how would one remove any new skins or specific units from MOS, as third age 2.1 works just fine but Isengard in MOS doesnt work on battle.. also, how would one remove the new armor from the high elves and replace it with the old armor from TATW 2.1. I liked the gold look much better then these silver look alikes. Silven elves shuld silver not high elves. Finally how would one remove these stupid cutt scene video's of the enemy general falling or breaking through a wall.. I would b in the middle of a vital instruction when suddenly cutt scene general dead.. IDC!! The mini popup in the corner is enough for me I dont want to watch every time.
    for this problem ask in the MOS thread if you have not done it already
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Myshkin's Avatar Centenarius

Could you please help me? I would like to disable G5 stakes script. There is already an answer in FAQ, but it is outdated.

I would like some specific information, including which files to edit.

My guess is I have to edit: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script

and completely delete the stakes. Do I have to keep any part of the script alive?

I used to be a lot more active here on scripting, but this was 5 years ago. I can hardly remember things now. :-)

Greatly appreciate your help!

Thanks
    Last edited by Myshkin; October 25, 2015 at 02:20 AM.
    ™–—˜ Mini-projects under developlemt for TATW and ETW ™–—˜
    ™–—˜ Œ Total Retrain ™–—˜  Total Movement ™–—˜
    ™–—˜ Ž Total Economy ™–—˜ x Navy Mod ™–—˜

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

campaign_script.txt, yes. I would just do this...

Replace all occurrences of ...

Code:
    unit_deploy_stakes
    ...with...

Code:
    ;unit_deploy_stakes

It just comments out (with a semicolon) the commands that do the actual stake deployment. It can be done in one Find&Replace action in a text editor and can be undone again if you change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    campaign_script.txt, yes. I would just do this...

Replace all occurrences of ...

Code:
    unit_deploy_stakes
    ...with...

Code:
    ;unit_deploy_stakes

It just comments out (with a semicolon) the commands that do the actual stake deployment. It can be done in one Find&Replace action in a text editor and can be undone again if you change your mind.
    Thanks for your prompt reply.

Do you know, if that would be save game compatible, or do I need to start a new game?

A similar script exists in:

C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\data\scripts\show_me\G5Script2
    C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\americas\data\descr_strat

Do any of these need to be edited?

Cheers

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Not save game compatible no, campaign_script never is.

G5Script2: that's for custom battles. Edit it if you like.

descr_strat: really? That isn't a script file. No, leave this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Not save game compatible no, campaign_script never is.

G5Script2: that's for custom battles. Edit it if you like.

descr_strat: really? That isn't a script file. No, leave this one.
    Thank you sir!

I'm considering upgrading to Windows 10; does anyone know if TATW is compatible or will there be issues? It took me a little while to figure out the correct install path and procedures, but I was able to play on my Windows 8 PC. My attempt at using my Windows 8.1 laptop failed miserably. I was able to install TATW but couldn't get any submods to work. It was quite a while back that I installed on 8, so I don't really know if it's a difference in the steps I chose for the install or if it's a software issue.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    I'm considering upgrading to Windows 10; does anyone know if TATW is compatible or will there be issues? It took me a little while to figure out the correct install path and procedures, but I was able to play on my Windows 8 PC. My attempt at using my Windows 8.1 laptop failed miserably. I was able to install TATW but couldn't get any submods to work. It was quite a while back that I installed on 8, so I don't really know if it's a difference in the steps I chose for the install or if it's a software issue.
    TATW is fully compatible
    greetings atthias
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Quote Originally Posted by b2ector View Post
    Install M2TW+Kingdoms+mods anywhere else on your PC, just not in either Program Files or Program Files(x86) folder. That way you'll avoid conflicts with a Windows security feature called: User Account Control .
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

ElijahR's Avatar Foederatus

When I try to install the mod it installs, then runs a security scan and then I get a error message saying that the action is not supported, it comes up with the seven zip Icon at the bottom of the screen whats wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ElijahR View Post
    When I try to install the mod it installs, then runs a security scan and then I get a error message saying that the action is not supported, it comes up with the seven zip Icon at the bottom of the screen whats wrong?
    Have you tried to turn off your anti virus program? From where did you download TATW .exe files?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Can Dale recruit mercenary ships? I'm pretty sure I read they couldn't make ships even if you have a port (at least at the body of water near Rhun), but one of the online guides I read does say that they can recruit mercenary ships in specific regions. I tried moving a general to those regions and various other regions next to other bodies of water, but no mercenary ships were listed, only bandits. Anyone know for certain?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Hello Stash

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    Can Dale recruit mercenary ships?
    (...) one of the online guides I read does say that they can recruit mercenary ships in specific regions. I tried moving a general to those regions and various other regions next to other bodies of water, but no mercenary ships were listed, only bandits. Anyone know for certain?
    Yes, they can.
    Mercenary Transport Ships are avilable all along the coasts, in six zones so at most you could get 6 merc ships at one given point; but they are no avilable from scratch, and it takes between 10-50 turns before one is avilable to hire. Also, once it's hired (which the AI can do too), it takes another 10-50 turns before next one becoem avilable, so you need some luck to catch it at the right point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stash View Post
    I'm pretty sure I read they couldn't make ships even if you have a port (at least at the body of water near Rhun) ...
    Dale can build ships from the port-buildings, just as any other human factions; only Orcs and Dwarves can not.
    However no one can build ships in the small Sea of RHϋn, it was disabled: the AI could not handle it, but spammed ships there, and a player who was either Dale or Rhϋn could abuse it by sending forces across the water and the AI was not smart enough to safeguard against it.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tτl Acharn - mighty Dϊnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliη Alμ, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Hello Stash

Yes, they can.
    Mercenary Transport Ships are avilable all along the coasts, in six zones so at most you could get 6 merc ships at one given point; but they are no avilable from scratch, and it takes between 10-50 turns before one is avilable to hire. Also, once it's hired (which the AI can do too), it takes another 10-50 turns before next one becoem avilable, so you need some luck to catch it at the right point in time.

Dale can build ships from the port-buildings, just as any other human factions; only Orcs and Dwarves can not.
    However no one can build ships in the small Sea of RHϋn, it was disabled: the AI could not handle it, but spammed ships there, and a player who was either Dale or Rhϋn could abuse it by sending forces across the water and the AI was not smart enough to safeguard against it.
    Thanks for the feedback. That last part was what I was wanting to do because Rhun was stack spamming me like crazy and my campaign pretty much stagnated. I ended up using an unrelated workaround; I just "borrowed" a dwarven army that the dwarves weren't using and moved him next to the enemy army to team up against them. I was paying them to help, after all...

Hey guys! As you've probably heard, Medieval 2 was just released on Mac through the App Store. I was wondering if theres any way to get the mod to work on Mac. I've been dying to try it. Thanks!

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

We are not pleased. Part 2 of 2 is corrupted with virus. Can someone UL a clean version somewhere?

From what source? If it's ModDB you mean then it's some anti-virus monitor that got over-sensitive again, happends now and then and is constantly incorrect; it's the same we used for four years now.

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliη Alμ, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

It is Chrome itself. But yes it is ModDB, but only the second file.

Chrome will not even allow me to open it...
    Last edited by Macilrille; December 22, 2015 at 11:30 AM.

And you can't override it? Because Chrome is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    It is Chrome itself. But yes it is ModDB, but only the second file.

Chrome will not even allow me to open it...
    Does Chrome give you some message when you try to open the file?