Page 164 of 167 FirstFirst ... 64114139154155156157158159160161162163164165166167 LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,280 of 3338

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Just reloaded tatw after something like 5 years, might be that long since last posting.
    Never moved on to 3.2 from 2.1 when I last played.
    Hope this is not a dumb question.
    Is there any good general overview of changes from 2.1 to 3.2, cant seem to find in a search.
    Looked for video of this on youtube also no luck.
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Welcome back to Middle-earth, AWRA

As for v3.0 I've found this list on ModDB:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Main features:
    - 25 new and unique custom settlements
    - Several new units
    - New High Elves
    - New battlefield textures
    - New skies, water and weather
    - New campaign map textures & features
    - More settlements
    - New gameplay elements (The One Ring, Palantirs, Autonomous regions, Invasions, more culture-specific gameplay, etc..)
    - New battle AI
    - Slightly improved campaign AI
    - New music and voices
    - new characters
    - added buildings, changed techtrees
    - balance changes
    - and more...

For patch 1 and 2 you can see here in a spoiler box under "Download Links": http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...and-other-Info

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

AWRA's Avatar Libertus

Hej Sann & thanks. Its an impressive community to be back to - still getting a lot of mileage out of a 10 year old game.
    "I threw down my enemy, and he fell from the high place and broke the mountain-side where he smote it in his ruin."

A friendly neighbourhood, 'round a still arguably unrivalled LotR experience, indeed ^^

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Zooasaurus's Avatar Libertus

Is there any single link download for TATW v3.0 with its v3.2 update just like SS?

Hello!

I've last played Third Age like a bazillion years ago and a lot seems to have changed since then. Thus, I'd like to ask you for help me find a submod that might suit my needs.

I'd like one that is meant for campaign (mp is irrelevant for me in this case), that tries to stick close to lore (I'm fine with new units, just such ones that do not seem WILDLY out of place) and if that's possible - that doesn't have a of new factions. I'm not sure why people like it that way, I myself prefer fights between few big blocks, empires you may say. And I for example find the notion that Dol Amroth, a Gondorian Vassal, should be able to WAGE WAR on it's senior a bit riddiculous.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day

Hello LittleDwarf, welcome back to the warmth ^^

At the top of my head then I'd propose WSC, or Alternative Patch, or FRoGS.

Note that if you have space you can install them side by side and test each out to find your match: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...erent-submods)

Thanks for your suggestions!

By the way, I can't wait for the release of the Last Alliance mod, those Dwarven units look brilliant! (I especially like Durin's Chosen) I look forward to showing those pansy elves and them manlings how it's done when it comes to hewing orcs!

You're welcome

Glad to hear

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Zooasaurus View Post
    Is there any single link download for TATW v3.0 with its v3.2 update just like SS?
    I am afraid not sorry
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

I already PMed it to Ngugi, but I may as well post it here for everybody to profit:

Hi! As a big dwarven fan I have to ask - are you aware of the SUPERB dwarf battle event voices (like when general dies, or an enemy army flees, or you win a battle) in Lotr TW for Rome 1? Unless you have your own, maybe you could use those? I once asked wlesmana, the mod creator if I can use them and he said yes as long as I give credit, so I think there should be no problem.

They are really well done, dwarf sounding and atmospheric. There's nothing like hearing "Our enemy has been mauled and crippled on this day, our axes have swept through their lines. Durin the Deathless smiles upon us all!" accompanying the Bridge of Khazad dum theme after a tough battle.

They also have voices for orcs (pretty good) and Gondor (rather meh, sadly). I can upload only the soundfiles if you want, or you may actually PLAY the mod if you fancy the older Total Wars. I actually highly recommend it, I had a blast playing it and it was great for it's day, though obviously using older technology. I like some of the design choices for units better than in Third Age, though. And when playing dwarves those voices just add SO MUCH for me...

Here's a link to the mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-lord-o...ings-total-war

Now, if anybody would be interested - could you help me integrate those voices for dwarves, orcs and Gondor (they are of worse quality, as they sound a little like spoken by a very young, inexperianced and afraid soldier, but still they are better for me than the default ones due to the actual references to the lore, mentioning "Gondor" "the White City" "Minas Tirith" and all that) into MOS? It could even be done as a regular submod, I think many people would enjoy that and it would enrich it greatly.

Some questions aboutTATW 3.2 [A very Great Mod! ]

This relates to my recent Campaign. I was paying much more attention to traits,retinue, and diplomacy than normal, so I have got a few queries (I was playing Eriador, but I think these are common to all factions).

1. Despite building armourers/heavy armourers, nobody got fine armour/ornamental armour

2. Isengard is a citadel: After I captured it, I decided it would be producing cavalry, but although I had the pre requisites for a Tourney Field(heavy armourer and baron's stables) it seemed there was not any option available.

3. I believe that the maximum retinue is 8?

4. Some of my governors got bad characteristics like lazy or drunkard, even though I was trying to avoid these things by destroying the inn line of buildings wherever I captured a settlement. (after perhaps building a spy)

5. No sign of a swordsmiths guild. I acquired merchant's guild, explorers, and obviously plenty of thieves guilds - which are easy to obtain.

6. Ballistas and archers seem not to be able to fire at trolls at close range...is there some sort of minimum distance?

7. As far as I can see getting a diplomat up to level 10 and having a trustworthy rep makes little or no difference; later in the game when I had some money I tried bribing armies and settlements, to no avail. People refused my generous offers anyway!

8. It seems that some settlements can never become huge cities; at the end of the game Bree was on 34,000 inhabitants but did not become Huge. Is this hardcoded – only a few places like Moria and Minas T can?
    Last edited by julianj99; February 10, 2018 at 09:44 AM. Reason: word spacing

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by julianj99 View Post
    Some questions aboutTATW 3.2 [A very Great Mod! ]

This relates to my recent Campaign. I was paying much more attention to traits,retinue, and diplomacy than normal, so I have got a few queries (I was playing Eriador, but I think these are common to all factions).

1. Despite building armourers/heavy armourers, nobody got fine armour/ornamental armour

2. Isengard is a citadel: After I captured it, I decided it would be producing cavalry, but although I had the pre requisites for a Tourney Field(heavy armourer and baron's stables) it seemed there was not any option available.

3. I believe that the maximum retinue is 8?

4. Some of my governors got bad characteristics like lazy or drunkard, even though I was trying to avoid these things by destroying the inn line of buildings wherever I captured a settlement. (after perhaps building a spy)

5. No sign of a swordsmiths guild. I acquired merchant's guild, explorers, and obviously plenty of thieves guilds - which are easy to obtain.

6. Ballistas and archers seem not to be able to fire at trolls at close range...is there some sort of minimum distance?

7. As far as I can see getting a diplomat up to level 10 and having a trustworthy rep makes little or no difference; later in the game when I had some money I tried bribing armies and settlements, to no avail. People refused my generous offers anyway!

8. It seems that some settlements can never become huge cities; at the end of the game Bree was on 34,000 inhabitants but did not become Huge. Is this hardcoded – only a few places like Moria and Minas T can?
    3 yes
    7 bribing is coded to be next to impossible
    the others I don't know sorry

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

1) Some models have more notable visuals changes from upgrades, others have just small or otherwise none, it differs

2) Hmm, Isengard has a Citadel, but it is also "only" technically a large_city [a matter of the custom settlement] while the tourneyfield requires huge_city. So you can't get it there.
    If it's a concern you can always tweak the requirment in export_descr_buildings.txt manually

4) Just sitting in a settlement without moving at all usually spells problem, so to avoid this would demand a load of micro managment. Ex; has a governor 100 movement points left and is in a settlement, there's a random % risk (betwen 0-90%) that a governor gets the the Drink-trait, every turn.Even greater with Dwarven conversition buildings present, haha, so Dwarven governors are kinda bound to get it.

But honestly governors hardly ever pay off in TATW, generals are inteded for war. They have a 500g wage + their BG upkeep, compair that to the boost to economy they provide and you'll find you're usually better off sending them with the army (or let them fall in battle )

5) It's offered when you built smithies and recruited swords-units enough. Can not be offered to a settlement that already has a guild.

6) Dunno. Tetst in custom battles?

8) Yes, the top settlements sizes are locked (and on occasion medium sized settlements too, if lore or nature calls for it), for different reasons; the most eye-catching is that it custom settlements are bound to larger settlements and those are not desirable to appear in more than one place.

The first question was probably about ancillaries. Fine/Ornamental Armour
    There are multiple requirements that need to be fulfilled in order to have a chance of getting one of those two types. I would paste you the triggers from the EDA file but TWC gives me some kind of security alert and does not let me post it, so I'll tell you just the simplest way.

You must have a general in a settlement when armorer or a higher tier of blacksmith building is built and even then, there is only 25% chance of getting it.

Thanks for the clarifications and insights.

Maenor's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    7 bribing is coded to be next to impossible
    Tell that to the AI lol, last VH Campaign i had, the Silvan Elves were kind of stuck in bribing enemy Agents, specially diplomats for some reason! They had Dwarven and Orcish Diplomats wandering around all over the place.

Btw, is it really that hard? I remember bribing some minor characters/armies, more specifically some remnants of Bandits/Rebels and some Isengard troops, never been able to bribe generals/agents... tho, to be honest i've never tried that hard nor have i developed the proper traits for Bribing Bonuses.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Maenor View Post
    Tell that to the AI lol, last VH Campaign i had, the Silvan Elves were kind of stuck in bribing enemy Agents, specially diplomats for some reason! They had Dwarven and Orcish Diplomats wandering around all over the place.

Btw, is it really that hard? I remember bribing some minor characters/armies, more specifically some remnants of Bandits/Rebels and some Isengard troops, never been able to bribe generals/agents... tho, to be honest i've never tried that hard nor have i developed the proper traits for Bribing Bonuses.
    it is only because the AI has limitless money that they manage to do it iIRC
    or I may have been mixing it up with DAC

Is it still possible to block the Anduin river at Pelargir and at the mouth of the anduin (as described in the Gondor turtling guide)? Somehow the enemy's troops always slip through.

// Well the Gondor turtling guide does not seem to be up to date or refers to a mod. I found this post here which basically says that the mouth of anduin cannot be blocked:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...gs-with-fleets
    Last edited by HinkeFussJoe; February 18, 2018 at 03:43 AM.

3, no 4 Things:

I don't have the right unit sizes. Ex, instead of 48 Quendi archers I have 121~

Is FroGs compatible with 3.2?

Just where is the Archer Accuracy 2.11 submod for 3.2, I can't find it on page 6 or am blind.

Is Archer Accuracy compatible with FroGs?