Page 6 of 167 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156106 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Official 'Third Age 1.0 - 3.2 Question & Answer' Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alcarinalata View Post
    Hi

-I do not feel ready to take the Ring to Mount Doom as my faction is not strong enough yet. Is there a time limit on how long I can take to dispose of the Ring? Is there a penalty if I take too long?
    -Alternatively what are the implications of allowing another faction to take the Ring to Mount Doom please?
    I have never heard of the possibility of having another faction destroy the Ring, I don't think it's possible. How would they be able to get the Ring? You can't transfer it to another faction's general because he would need to be in your army/settlement. I mean, even after destroying the Ring my general still had it + Gollum as his ancillaries.
    I think you only have the option of either taking or declining the quest, destroying the Ring or keeping it.

Edit: Ok, after removing the ex-ringbearer from the returning army he finally lost the Ring, Gollum and the Ring corruption trait.

And why don't you just try to get rid of it? It's a nice challenge and can make an otherwise boring game more intersting.
    However, when I took the quest as Eriador I found glitch that made it a piece of cake:
    The army I sent was a full stack led by Aragorn who, being a better general than the Ringbearer, led the army, which made the Ring corruption stay on level 1. Also, Mordor didn't declare war on me when I entered their territory and during the whole quest I had to fight only one battle (taking the Black Gate in order to get into Mordor). Even when I was standing near Mount Doom, Mordor didn't attack me so the quest was a big dissapointment.
    Last edited by kraxmause; September 12, 2012 at 04:35 AM.
    Cleave the sod with your trusty spade
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Default Retrain Ents

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere but I tried searching it and could not find any info about that. So, is retraining of Ents possible and if yes,where and how? My guess is that they cannot which is really bad news since they killed half the garrison and the balrogs in Moria almost by themselves in my current Rohan campaign but got 12 casualties... Which is a big hit since they have unit size of 20. Another thing that interests me is if you get only one of them or they spawn on some kind of time interval after giving autonomy to Fangorn. And one last thing, can you get another ent unit before the previous one dies or should I just disband them and wait for the next one? Thank you in advance and again, apologies if I'm asking for thins already answered somewhere in the forums.

Regards, VlaD

Bowmaster's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Retrain Ents

No, this has not been asked elsewhere, no, you can't retrain Ents.
    Last edited by StealthFox; September 12, 2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Continuity
    (yeah, yeah, I'm fin player of TATW 3.2...

In Memoriam: Blackomur89

Save MERP and TATW!

Default Re: Retrain Ents

Thanks for the quick update, sorry I didn't figure on my own that I should have posted in this topic.

p00pwater's Avatar Libertus

since i downloaded 3.2, i haven't any custom keys, any thoughts?

This is embarrassing, but since I'm new to TW, I'm confused on exactly how to recruit mercenaries ^^' Do I just chekc my general while he's occupying a settlement in a certain area, or do I find a "bandit" general to bribe him? :/ Also how useful are mercs, are they worth the cash or just wasted money?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    This is embarrassing, but since I'm new to TW, I'm confused on exactly how to recruit mercenaries ^^' Do I just chekc my general while he's occupying a settlement in a certain area, or do I find a "bandit" general to bribe him? :/ Also how useful are mercs, are they worth the cash or just wasted money?
    Vanilla TATW does not have too many mercenaries to recruit. To do so, you have to select your general while he is outside a settlement. Mercenaries vary according to the province and so does their availability. Once you selected the general check the botton down right, between the "construction" and the "financial" one. It will tell if there is a mercenary available.

I hardly ever use mercenaries as they are more expensive as regular troops. But they could be good if you are away from your settlements or your pools are empty. The only mercenaries I recruit are Ents, of course

Have fun playing!
    Real Combat stats for TATW 3 submod by Darth Lord Revan

Thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10821526

Download attachment in OP

Ahhhh okay. Thanks for the insight!

kraxmause's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    Take a look at this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=512996

I wouldn't say that mercs are no good, but it depends on the faction you're playing. As you have noticed yourself according to the "Buying Dol Guldur" thread, Mirkwood Spiders are incredibly strong. Also, mercs may cover the weakness of a faction (e.g. OotMM/OoG may recruit Rhudaur Scouts to make up for their lack of cavalry). As you can see on the maps, evil factions have better mercs than good factions who can mainly recruit bandits, who on the other hand are available in abundance.
    Dig out a house that's quite like a grave
    And should your neighbour not return your wave

A.R.R.R. Roberts - The Soddit

Oh dang, I've never noticed that thread before D: Thanks for showing me! I see that merc cavalry can be especially helpful to OoG and OotMM campaigns. I find a lot of people say that mercs aren't too useful for good factions, but you're right in saying they are more in a abundance
    Thank you, and to a lot of other people who are helpful on this site.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Anybody saying that have not played Dwarves - who get some much needed cavalry through mercs

All in all the units in Dale and south in the region of Rhovanion is of good use to fill up the armies going to take on Rhûn IMO; while the rest is of little interest indeed.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

What are the requirements to re-build Osgiliath ?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Lor'themar the Great View Post
    What are the requirements to re-build Osgiliath ?
    From the FAQ
    Q: How do I rebuild Osgiliath ?
    A:
    Upgrade East-Osgiliath to a huge city and upgrade West Osgiliath to a citadel.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    From the FAQ
    Thanks
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; September 13, 2012 at 11:22 PM.

I think I've messed up the "export_descr_buildings" file while editing it to remove the barracks event. What's the easiest way to get a new version of this particular file and replace it? I meant to back it up but it turns out I'm an idiot

Icon1 trainers? all sub-mods in one*

Good, I've been asking if there trainers for this mod?

Have now also wanted to know if there is several sub-mods in a single sub-mod to the latest patch 3.2. Thanks for your attention.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

What do you mean with trainer? Do you want guides? Then check the guides subforum.

There's MOS and FROGS. I'm not sure about others. Check the submods subforum for all mods
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Where can I find all the requirements to reforge Arnor as Eriador? using MOS 1.3

Quote Originally Posted by TLG View Post
    I think I've messed up the "export_descr_buildings" file while editing it to remove the barracks event. What's the easiest way to get a new version of this particular file and replace it? I meant to back it up but it turns out I'm an idiot
    @TLG: I've added the EDB file to this message for you. (back up is ALLWAYS the first step while modding )

@hommamed: "trainers" is usually used for programs that allow you to cheat, is that right? so here you have a link to a website that gives you some guidence: http://www.gamespot.com/medieval-ii-total-war/cheats/

As for submods, Mhaedros already gave you some options. I'll give you the links for this and some others for you to check out and decide which one you like the most:

MOS: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=419958

FRoGS: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=475142

PCP: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=355651

BSGESC: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=390535

I hope you enjoy playing them!
    Real Combat stats for TATW 3 submod by Darth Lord Revan

Thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post10821526

Download attachment in OP

^Thank you very much. I thought I had backed it up but then I accidently overwrote it and did lots of other stupid stuff *facepalm*

Anyway new question, the One Ring has just emerged for the first time in my campaign at turn 40 in Dunland. I'm playing as the High Elves and I can't really get an army there anytime soon. How will I know when a character belonging to another faction has it? will I get a message or something?