Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Imperial Splendour v1.086 Download Link and Changelog (1.3 and DLC Compatible!)

Default Imperial Splendour v1.086 Download Link and Changelog (1.3 and DLC Compatible!)

Awesome splash screen by Megalos

Version 1.086 Released 7/5/09

See Here for Complete Change List

Current Changelog
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Changes from previous versions are put at the bottom of their respective catagory in the complete overview

Version 1.086

-
    Fixed the Guerilla Crash that had made its way back in through some backdoor

-
    Minor fixes concerning firing drills.

-Victory Conditions and the removal of the FOW bug are back in, thanks to Irmo and HusserlTW respectively. Only the startpos file needs to be updated. Remember: You only need the scripting.lua to play with a North American protectorate.

Fixed some incorrect costs - Prussian grenadiers.
    Adjusted some lite inf units to standard IS sizes. Fergusons rifle, minutemen.
    Removed stakes
    Balance a few new patch units some more
    adjusted unit techs to remove incorrect fire drills
    Added mob formation to a few more eastern and early euro lite troops, plus lite dragoons and Carbineers.
    Added skirmish mode to Carbineers
    Added naval Ai benefit to Expert campaign AI (oops), gave hard AI a small naval recruitment point boost.
    Adjusted unit caps for new units
    Reconfirmed that the new units are recruitable

New for 1.08x

-
    lowered ship prices for the AI for more naval fun

-
    added Mob formation to troops

-
    Minor factions acting gonzo fixed to 1.3 levels

-
    Low Ammo for Conscripts and NA Bowmen fixed

-
    added the DLC and new units to the rosters (and hotfixed)

- updated the mod files to include the new patch 1.3 changes

- updated the startpos to patch 1.3. For now this means there are no Victory conditions (they will follow in some time) and the LOS bug is back. Use the List Menu and Building Browser to select your troops and settlements!
    It is currently impossible to remove the LOS bug. The ESF-editor's copy function is broken in the new file. If you see another mod still has that feature. It is propably because they are still using the old version of the startpos file, and propably missing patch changes (it is unknown what exactly is changed in the startpos)

-
    some files removed in order to ensure you get the patch changes. We will have to look at the behaviour and see what changes are still necessary. This includes changes to AI, morale, fatigue, and economy, as well as the new roundshot and artillery calibrations.

New for 1.07x

- Fog of war also removed for Pirates, playability and victory conditions for barbary states, courland, saxony, crimea.

- Fog of War bug removed. Minor nations are now playable as if they were major ones. (Disclaimer: you must still once select your fleets and armies out of your territory once using the list menu)
    Thanks to Erasmus777 who found out how to do this.

- Persia is now playable.

Protectorates are playable in the latest version. They are not fully supported. Protectorates are known to be buggy, play them at your own risk. Protectorates will not go to their parent factions in the latest version. This is both to consolidate game versions, and also because my current hunch is that with the administrative cost changes that CA has made, you might actually make more money this way.

- Bug fixes, including a full NA auxiliary roster for Great Britain, Xebecs are now recruitable by the Barbary States, and other small fixes that I've made in the past week that I can't remember right now.

- Fixed bug with colonial artillery causing a ctd

- Colonial Artillery are now correctly recruitable from the first and second ordinance buildings, with the appropriate technology researched.

- Fixed a CTD involving Guerillas.

- Reworked the AI to solve the naval recruitment bug

- Due to the new AI changes, IS naval costs have been returned

I basically had to redesign most of my AI. I saved the most important parts, like the Ally help parameters and spending priorities, and I left out most of the aggression parameters, because I felt that we were seeing too much conquering too quickly. Ship construction appears to be at an all time high, even with IS standard costs. The AI also seems to focus on nabbing the most valuable trade nodes first, so Brasil will be the last theater to fill, in my testing experience, while the East Indies are the first.
    - Colonial artillery should now require the appropriate technology

- Added greater differentiation between units with good accuracy and units with poor accuracy

- Increased the charge skill of Lancers significantly

- All Lancers now have a medium horse or larger

- Cavalry has been reworked for greater tactical differentiation between weights

There are three main types of cavalry in ETW, differentiated by horse weight. You have horse_light, horse_medium, horse_heavy. Each type gives a certain inherent weight to the charge, regardless of charge skill.

I've reworked stats and costs to differentiate between these weights.

Light cavalry now have relatively poor stats, but are very fast, and are now very cheap. They're good at flanking weak units, running down routers, and taking out light infantry.

Medium cavalry is roughly similar to how it is now. They can take on line infantry if the situation favors them, by timing their attack in between volleys against infantry that isn't in square, preferably hitting them in the flank.

Heavy cavalry are lethal, but far more expensive than they are now. They're the only unit that can be reliably expected to take out elite infantry on a man for man basis, or charging through a battle line.

Hussars are slightly unique. They're as fast as light cavalry, but they hit like medium cavalry. They're a bit more expensive than medium cavalry.
    - Colonial artillery should now recruit from the appropriate building

- Fixed a bug that removed technological requirements for units

- Additionally, all ships have been reduced in purchase price by 30%

- Increased the chance that nations would use the fleets they have

- Reduced accuracy on colonial militia

- Increased accuracy on rangers

- Increased reload time for Mass Fire

- Fixed a bug that was preventing Mass Fire from working in Grand Campaign battles (thanks very much to Ahiga for pointing me in the right direction!)

- Light Infantry Behavior no longer requires researching a technology before it goes into effect

- The naval_stats file has been updated to be compatible with the latest version. You should now see hull strength again

- Some sailing mechanics were tweaked, you are no longer penalized as heavily for sailing into the wind.

- Pirates can no longer recruit galleons, fluyts, or race built galleons. Instead, they can now recruit 6th rate frigates.

- Volley fire has been removed. It has been replaced with Mass Fire

- Grenadiers should now correctly no longer be able to use the platoon fire drill

- Grenadiers no longer fire by rank

Mass Fire has nearly every man in your unit fire at once. Consequentially, it's very effective for halting a charge, or firing at the enemy before you charge. It is not, however, anywhere near as effective as Rank Fire or Platoon Fire in a shootout. It is naturally more effective than volley fire. Rank fire is no longer an absolute necessity to rush to research. Your choice in fire drill is now dependent by and large on your military doctrine. If you find that your play style is more suited towards a close range volley followed by cold steel, you should enjoy the new possibilities opened up by mass fire. My eventual goal (if it ever becomes possible) is to have rank fire and platoon fire toggle like Fire and Advance. That's probably a long way off, if CA ever releases modding tools that open up more possibilities than fan made ones. The reason I left Grenadiers without rank fire was to emphasize their use as shock troops. I wanted to make sure they didn't lose effectiveness in that role after rank fire was researched.
    - Due to a new bug, Fire and Advance has been removed

I'm not happy about this, but I don't really have a choice. Instead of fixing Fire and Advance with this patch, they added a new bug. Fire and Advance will perform two rotations, and then it will lock into position and every man who can in the unit will fire and reload as fast as possible. This makes my fix (of dramatically increasing the reload bonus Fire and Advance gets to simulate the time it would have taken for the rear rank to run up and shoot) completely overpowering. You'd be having 70%+ of the unit fire every 8 seconds or so. The technology is still available to research, but no units have the capacity to use the drill. I can't take the technology out yet due to changes in the structure of that file in the new patch.
    - European generals can now correctly no longer fire while mounted

- Minor factions have had their AI tweaked (as much as I can, right now) towards being less aggressive. Assisting their allies is still by far their number one military priority.

- The Breech Loading rifle technology is now available at the end of the tech tree for all nations. All nations consequentially have had Ferguson Riflemen unlocked

- Ferguson Riflemen now have a unit limit of 1

- The unit_table files have been updated to be compatible with patch 1.2. This should hopefully fix the bug that was causing nations to no longer recruit naval units. Let me know if you still see a lack of naval units.

- Accuracy has been reworked to permit relatively high accuracy stats. The BAI was changed so that it regarded low accuracy stat units (IE: everything in IS) as something odd, and it was causing pretty much game breaking behavior. I've changed the accuracy system so that accuracy values for units are close to vanilla levels, and hopefully this should solve that problem.

- My AI files have been re added. As near as I could tell, the AI changes CA made were not made in the .pack CAI files. Hence, my old AI should be totally compatible. There are a few tweaks to region defense parameters that should prevent odd stacking behavior (I'm looking at you, Sweden)

Known Bugs
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

- Minor nations do not have any line of sight from their units or settlements at the start of the game. This can go away when you reload the game, or through the course of play. Use your lists button in the bottom right to move your armies and agents and line of sight should appear.

- While dismounted, sword cavalry still have the "cavalry" symbol appear when the space bar is used to show unit destinations. Don't know how to fix it, it isn't a big deal in any event.

The attached startpos.esf and scripts file are now very important for the definitive IS experience. You don't have to use it, but without it the Native American factions won't have light infantry behavior, the Mughal Empire will lack it's new improvements, and you won't have Lazy_knight's victory conditions for minor factions.
    Protectorates are playable in the latest version. They are not fully supported. Protectorates are known to be buggy, play them at your own risk. Protectorates will not go to their parent factions in the latest version. This is both to consolidate game versions, and also because my current hunch is that with the administrative cost changes that CA has made, you might actually make more money this way.

Installation Instructions
    Will all thanks going to Rammstein!

Installation Instructions
    Clarified by Gomer_Pyle

Extract the mod_isv1.xxx file and the is_startposv1.x file using WinRAR, 7zip or a similar program

Put the mod_is.pack file in your data folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data is the default directory

Put the user.empire_script.txt file in one of the following directories

Windows Vista
    C:\Users\(Your User Name Here)\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Click here if you can't find the folder

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Click here if you can't find the folder

The Last Step

First, create a backup of the following folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\campaigns\main

Then put both files from the is_startpos.zip into that folder. You're set!

Make sure that mod_is.pack is inside /data folder and scripting.lua + startpos.esf [color=black]is inside /main folder. Just overlook main2.

If you'd like 4 turns per year, follow this link

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240167

You only need the scripting.lua if you want to play the North American Protectorates. It disables the handover missions.

Thanks Dogmeat for updating the latest versions for patch 1.3.
    Last edited by Lazy Knight; July 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM.

Default Re: Imperial Splendour v1.065 Download Link and Changelog

Your own forum ? Grats !

Thanks

Edit - I've been noticing that the startpos file has quite a few more downloads on average than the actual mod itself. Could someone who only downloaded the startpos could tell me why? I'm honestly curious

Personally I just reinstall everything on the first post when a new 1.06.. update comes. I have Is plus a lot of minor mods installed. Should IS load last on Lt Chamber's mod manager ? Thanks.

Congrats that should make your eyes bleed a little less not having to search thru that old massive thread.

Quix do you want to set up a few sub topics or let em start up emselves (ie Naval,AI Land. Combat ai etc)
    Last edited by Dogmeat; May 20, 2009 at 02:43 AM.

I think I'll let it be organic for now.

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

congrats on the forum. this is soooo much better then the 900 page thread!

Default Re: Imperial Splendour v1.066 Download Link and Changelog

Yeah, congratulations on the forum

Firstly, congratulations on the subforum!

It seems i'm having a problem - none of the features of the mod are available - It unlocks the factions for the custom battle, but in battle, I can't dismount and General's still have their old bodyguards - could anyone help me to get it working properly?

By Highlanders, does it mean Clansmen or Highland Infantry?

both
    Last edited by Dogmeat; June 26, 2009 at 02:43 PM.

Congratulations on the new forum, and yet another update, you spoil us! I'm going to try it now!
    "Der Krieg ist eine bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln.
    (War is merely the continuation of politics by other means.)

I know that recently Portugal was now included into the custom battles, I do not see the faction? Is this is bit of a mishap or is everyone getting it?

You sure you have the latest version?

Yeah, 1.066 for definate.

(What is main_2 for by the way?)
    Last edited by TheOmegaGreen17; April 08, 2009 at 11:15 AM.

Wierd, I'm using it and Portugal appears for me.

It cant be the script in the AppData, since your mod is definatly running (e.g Hussars in other thread ). It cant be the 1.066 + startpos.esf + other file, they are the newest version..?
    Last edited by TheOmegaGreen17; April 08, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

Sexy, that is all I need to say! Great work from everyone that put this together. And gratz on your forum, you deserve it.

priam11's Avatar Campidoctor
    Toronto-Home of the crack smokin Robbie Ford

I am curious about this item in your change log.

"Portugal has had greater functionality enabled, like a full AI and working prestige"

Does this mean that it was set to maintenance and now it is set to full functionality (which file is this located?)? Can this be done to all the minor factions or is it limited in the current state of the game? Does this add more time for the AI to go through its turns so if we could set all to the same level the time between turns would be increased dramatically?

I am going to stop asking questions now…sorry.

Firstly, you are welcome to ask questions

Yes, in theory it can be done to all the minor faction, it increases their will to expand. This change was made because portugal deserved more than miserable two provinces and eventually getting crushed by spain.

It is not a good idea to change this for all factions, but some may be a good idea in less populated areas, e.g. the italian states, or the Cherokee

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast