Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: V1-V3 The Uruk Dominion Fan Thread

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Default V1-V3 The Uruk Dominion Fan Thread

Quick question is there any plans for the Uruk nation to have siege or Cavalry units in future releases?

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Default Re: The Uruk Dominion

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Quick question is there any plans for the Uruk nation to have siege or Cavalry units in future releases?
    No, that is their downside to balance the excellent infantry they have. You can however use the merc pools to get artillery. In my current Uruk campagain, I have 3 monster bombards, recruited from Tondra.

Also if you move west from Demos to Sumaria you have access to mongol-type horse archers and heavy cavalry, both via the Zor and merc pools In Sumaria I have a 'cavalry-only' army which I use to send troops to differnt regions

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Cheers thanks for that. Guess I'll use the mercs. One other question i thought of, the Lao Che Khanate cav is the 'best in the Known world', but i tend to find that their a little under powered compared to the other 'Western' cav. Is this to balance the game and keep things fair?

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Cheers thanks for that. Guess I'll use the mercs. One other question i thought of, the Lao Che Khanate cav is the 'best in the Known world', but i tend to find that their a little under powered compared to the other 'Western' cav. Is this to balance the game and keep things fair?
    Now they also have very good infantry in the form of The samuri and ninj type troops, so there cavalry is kept realistic to maintain balance. They still have good attack, bt armour and such forth isnt so high

And maybe the Lao Che dont know the chivalric nations yet, so compared to their nieghbours, (Uruks who have no cavalry, and Aztecs who have no cavalry,) their cavalry is the best in the KNOWN world

Good question though but this is a Lao Che question and they have their own thread.

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Thanks again . Thats very true about the 'known world' for their area, didn't think of that . I'll make sure that i stick the questions in the correct thread next time. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    No, that is their downside to balance the excellent infantry they have. You can however use the merc pools to get artillery. In my current Uruk campagain, I have 3 monster bombards, recruited from Tondra.

Also if you move west from Demos to Sumaria you have access to mongol-type horse archers and heavy cavalry, both via the Zor and merc pools In Sumaria I have a 'cavalry-only' army which I use to send troops to differnt regions

lol you aught to be kidding me... 3 x moster bombard = ~4500 upkeep

I found even 1 monster bombard way to expensive. I hire them, assault city (don't care if that monster bombard dies or not) and disband it just before my turn ends
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Quote Originally Posted by Pink Beard View Post
    lol you aught to be kidding me... 3 x moster bombard = ~4500 upkeep

I found even 1 monster bombard way to expensive. I hire them, assault city (don't care if that monster bombard dies or not) and disband it just before my turn ends
    (Shh but keep them in a fort no upkeep unless out on campagin) Some general you are !

Isn't that technically taking advantage of fortresses??

Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Isn't that technically taking advantage of fortresses??
    Ive already stated my house rule of no more than one fort per region, makes sense to use them to store my ultra expensive units

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

I certainly use more than one fort per region when strategic imperatives direct. One at each point a road crosses into a region that's not mine, one near each "recruitment center" port for a safe place to store units for an army I'm shipping overseas, one at the midpoint between adjacent settlements more than one turn apart.

EDIT::::THEFIRSTONEILL closes Pandoras Box,
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 08, 2009 at 07:22 PM.
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

I love the idea of Uruk and the models used, but I have a couple of gameplay problems. Their princesses are dog-thingies, and shouldn't be able to marry humans, the human members of the Dominion should be able to ride horses around... unless the reptarii eat them, I guess, and they're the only nonhumans in the game that I've seen so far. Wouldn't it be sensible for the reptarii, at least, to be slightly more common? Say, in Mesomelca, where there are dozens of people who worship reptiles?

Quote Originally Posted by DrNikola2006 View Post
    I love the idea of Uruk and the models used, but I have a couple of gameplay problems. Their princesses are dog-thingies, and shouldn't be able to marry humans, the human members of the Dominion should be able to ride horses around... unless the reptarii eat them, I guess, and they're the only nonhumans in the game that I've seen so far. Wouldn't it be sensible for the reptarii, at least, to be slightly more common? Say, in Mesomelca, where there are dozens of people who worship reptiles?
    It's a fantasy mod, no human has prejudice against Ly Kans

And hmm, I don't think that the reptarii should be more common in Mesocala. There are serpent gods and if it was obvious for the Meso tribes that actually one can kill a god wandering around... they wouldn't be gods anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DrNikola2006 View Post
    I refer you to Jans excellent answers (+rep to Jan for them), and I also point out that if you read the unit descriptions, the female ofspring of Uruk/human pairings and predomiatly human, whilst the male offspring are mostly Uruk.

And as Jan says, it is a fantasy mod, so you have to make some allowanaces for this, and not get tied into human/earth realities
    Last edited by TheFirstONeill; April 11, 2009 at 01:27 PM.

wow... I could technically build 100 forts and fill them with 500 monster bombards...

MUHAHAHAH!!
    E:TW's natives have developed a new "Ballistic Automatic Detection And Seeking System" to utterly annihilate any European that sets foot on their soil... That's BADASS for short!

Yuko's Avatar Campidoctor

And as Jan says, it is a fantasy mod, so you have to make some allowanaces for this, and not get tied into human/earth realities
    yes,remember you are in the twilight zone

about the uruks,they are a really good faction i feared they were going to be monsters and tanks because of the urk hai unit in version 1 but jason did a fine job in balancing them,they are different i love the dogs and mostly they look badass,kudo for jason

(btw the urk hai equipment do seem a bit "poor" you know i mean for a big empire i think they could afford decent swords?)

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    yes,remember you are in the twilight zone
    about the uruks,they are a really good faction i feared they were going to be monsters and tanks because of the urk hai unit in version 1 but jason did a fine job in balancing them,they are different i love the dogs and mostly they look badass,kudo for jason

(btw the urk hai equipment do seem a bit "poor" you know i mean for a big empire i think they could afford decent swords?)
    Thank you my friend. Regarding the Uruk equipment, Im pretty happy with the axe swords, I dont think Uruks would put much stock in bright shiny baubbles. Weapons are strictly tools, there to do a job, not a pretty ornament, like the sparkly swords used by the those puny human warriors

Thank you my friend. Regarding the Uruk equipment, Im pretty happy with the axe swords, I dont think Uruks would put much stock in bright shiny baubbles. Weapons are strictly tools, there to do a job, not a pretty ornament, like the sparkly swords used by the those puny human warriors
    i like sparky swords...

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

I killed an Uruk general with a bombard. How's that for sparks?

Quote Originally Posted by Masaky View Post
    i like sparky swords...
    Thats why I let the Alpha and the Alpha Yar have sparkly swords, just for you

Thats why I let the Alpha and the Alpha Yar have sparkly swords, just for you
    yay

*dance*

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast