Page 83 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3358737475767778798081828384858687888990919293108133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 5343

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Herenow View Post
    As has been mentioned above, you can see (at least a bit of) all of the above in the new Small Romani preview.

On a related note, the team has recently been revamping its social media presence, so, in addition to the pre-existing Twitter account, there's now a Facebook page and a YouTube channel. Plus, we have been giving our ModDB page a lick of paint too. So, be sure to check those out!

I Am Herenow
    Thanks for the reminder, but I'm glad to report that I'm way ahead of you. Following Youtube & Twitter, liked the FB page and bookmarked moddb.com. I'm afraid my F5 key mightn't survive my anticipation for EB II... too much refreshing going on. But it's great to see all the lively discussions going on here.
    "Thálatta! Thálatta!"
    -Xenophon, Anabasis, 4, 7, 24

"The first release unit count is 232, out of which 2 siege units, 10 ship units and the rest regular units."
    So, You are aiming for 500 units in the final release?

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeo XIII View Post
    "The first release unit count is 232, out of which 2 siege units, 10 ship units and the rest regular units."
    Or try to get as close to that as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeo XIII View Post
    I guess it would depend on how many units can be actually made from historic data.
    "We'll go to the front—and beyond it, if it'll save the galaxy. Sometimes you have to enter the darkness to save the light."

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Just flesh out the Roman roster, that's the most sadly incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Kirila the Kitten View Post
    Just flesh out the Roman roster, that's the most sadly incomplete
    There are 27 other factions, why should the Romans get preference over all others?

In any case, it isn't most incomplete, they should be making greater use of regional troops (which are well fleshed out) than anyone else, since over half their armies should be non-Roman.

so all hellenistic factions will share the same UI?

The Battle Editor never was the shining point of TW games either, abou.

How about bull warriors, everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There are 27 other factions, why should the Romans get preference over all others?

In any case, it isn't most incomplete, they should be making greater use of regional troops (which are well fleshed out) than anyone else, since over half their armies should be non-Roman.
    Agreed. And it shall be my senatorial generals' utmost pleasure to see these foreigners bleed on the behalf of Rome - makes it easier to celebrate grand victories with the plebs.
    "Thálatta! Thálatta!"
    -Xenophon, Anabasis, 4, 7, 24

Correct shield stances, GREAT!!

That was potentially the thing that would bother me the most, seeing hastati and etc using their shield horizontally like most M2TW feudal knights.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Forgive my ignorance, but they say they're testing the installer, but they also keep mentioning new bug fixes and additions, isn't installer supposed to be tested after everything is ready ?

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Correct shield stances, GREAT!!

That was potentially the thing that would bother me the most, seeing hastati and etc using their shield horizontally like most M2TW feudal knights.
    You forgot mouth(charge, taunt), gladius, falx, xyston animations and many other.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but they say they're testing the installer, but they also keep mentioning new bug fixes and additions, isn't installer supposed to be tested after everything is ready ?
    Yes and no.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    You forgot mouth(charge, taunt), gladius, falx, xyston animations and many other.
    Can't wait to admire all this in action on my PC!

I can remember, buying M2TW Kingdoms in early 2009 just to be able to play EB2, assuming it would be released in the next few months or the coming year at the latest... Oh, my foolishness!

And now (finally, finally) it's actually happening!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Tactician View Post
    I can remember, buying M2TW Kingdoms in early 2009 just to be able to play EB2, assuming it would be released in the next few months or the coming year at the latest... Oh, my foolishness!
    I know this feeling very well I bought Kingdoms in 2011 for the same reason It´s good the first release is coming

I re-bought Medieval 2 just for EB2. Best 4 euros I ever spent.

Now, this recent tweet sounds rather promising...

The strom is coming, soon...

Nice image, btw. Makes me want to play a Hellenic faction and use those beautiful hetairoi. Though I was actually planning to start off with the most exotic faction and have a look, what the Mauryan empire's scripted invasion amounts to, once I stop paying my taxes and tell it to properly sod off. I guess, I could play two or more campaigns parallel though...

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Yes promising screenshot, also I´m a little bit worried about my old PC, if it can handle the new vegetation.

Also I don´t have much free time these days, so some small faction campaign for me in my first EB II days, probably Pergamon, also I´m thinking about Makedon as my copy of Walbank´s Philip V of Macedon arrived few days ago Btw. I thought you would start Ptolemaic campaign Casual Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by tomySVK View Post
    Btw. I thought you would start Ptolemaic campaign Casual Tactician
    They are one of my favourite factions in EB1 - along with the Koinon Hellenon, Qarthadastim and Epeiros - and I've enjoyed some fun campaigns with them. But for EB2 I wanted to think out of the box some more, and Taksashila is rather tempting. Honestly - I guess, I could blindly chose any faction once I'm in EB2's faction selection menu and I'd be happy with whatever outcome. That's how thrilled I am for EB2.

Actually I've never played the Romani in EB1 (as I played them so often in RTR before I discovered EB1 - back in the days), so I'll give them a try as well, rather sooner than later...

Damn! I wish I could split myself up in, let's say, twenty-eight different mes.