Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Asinine - that's a new word for me. Thanks Genghis!

Quote Originally Posted by Neuchatel View Post
    And what make you think it is suitable for a Shield symbol ?

Last edited by LusitanianWolf; September 30, 2018 at 07:25 AM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    And what makes you think it isn't? Since when were you an expert on anything other than the art of being insufferable? The Dutch Middle Iron Age has VERY few motifs; from Brennus, who co-concepted this unit:

We don't make units to cater to your asinine tastes--we make units based off of archaeological and historical evidence. The objects that these motifs come from are clearly artistically stylized, and not just some random scraps of wood, especially since one of the wooden objects is in the shape of cattle horns, with zig-zaging lines found in both objects--just how is that different from using the concentric circle motifs found on their coinage again? The objects the motifs come from are dated to the period, found very very close to the region and clearly depicts artistic styles used by these peoples; I fail to see any real criticism here other than "it looks medieval bruh"--which basically means nothing since the motifs used for this unit are all dated to our timeframe.
    That's good enough for me. If we are sorely lacking in evidence then I trust you guys to fill in the gaps in reasonable ways like this, using the native artwork of the region. It is reasonable to assume they painted their shields. At the very least the Celtic shields archaeologists have found in Britain were highly decorated with raised relief images of various animals like boars and horses along with floral and geometric designs. It is reasonable to assume similar peoples living relatively nearby did more or less the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Asinine - that's a new word for me. Thanks Genghis!
    I used it few days ago here, lol.

...expert on the art of being insufferable?
    Kinda like you are?

Sorry for double posting, lads.

Kinda like you are?
    Ouch, baby. Too bad that that's a tu quoque fallacy though(assuming that was meant to discredit my argument). I never claimed to be a saint

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Priest View Post
    I used it few days ago here, lol.
    Didn't see your post, sorry. Was it sassy? If so, point me to it!

I never claimed to be a saint
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'll try to get a hang of this forum guys, I hope for no more double posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Yeah now you've spoiled the big surprise... We actually switched to the medieval period a while ago. Can't wait to show you guys our new Venetian Condottieri...
    So we finally get those musket hoplites? About time, really.

Ouch, baby. Too bad that that's a tu quoque fallacy though(assuming that was meant to discredit my argument). I never claimed to be a saint
    I don't think it counts as tu quoque fallacy if I am not defending him. Why would I even want discredit you (rest of your argument is on point), or defend him, for that matter? Also, lawyer terms, really?

Only AFTER the T-Rex cataphracts.

I don't think it counts as tu quoque fallacy if I am not defending him. Why would I even want discredit you (rest of your argument is on point), or defend him, for that matter? Also, lawyer terms, really?
    So what's your gripe with genghis?.

I didn't know I actually wanted this but now I totally want this

Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    I didn't know I actually wanted this but now I totally want this
    Really? I always wanted it. Imagine hoplites with pistols, psiloi with rifles and skirmisher cav with carabines. And if you are Seleucid or Ptolem you get Elephants with cannons from vanilla M2:TW. How's that for obsolete holites?

Oh my God and also Aeolipile-powered railways connecting the empire together! Musket-armed hoplite divisions raised in the Anatolian poleis being shipped off to fight Saka invasions in Baktria!

Good grief now I *really* want this

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Great updates, thanks EB team I really like the new units, very detailed! The new mechanics for Saka looks very interesting.

Also I have one question – can you recruit the proto-Batavian cavalry as Romans after Marian reforms?

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Really? I always wanted it. Imagine hoplites with pistols, psiloi with rifles and skirmisher cav with carabines. And if you are Seleucid or Ptolem you get Elephants with cannons from vanilla M2:TW. How's that for obsolete holites?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baharr View Post
    Oh my God and also Aeolipile-powered railways connecting the empire together! Musket-armed hoplite divisions raised in the Anatolian poleis being shipped off to fight Saka invasions in Baktria!

Good grief now I *really* want this
    Just imagine the Suebi/Sweboz with the Sturmgeweher (StG 44). Or the Aedui/Arverni of Gaul with the Mitrailleuse volley gun. Or the Romans of SPQR waving around a bunch of Beretta APX Centurion pistols.

The precondition for all of that would be for the Chinese to invent gunpowder more than a thousand years before the Northern Song Dynasty when its formula was first recorded. Lol. Too bad the Han Dynasty of China was so isolated that they don't even appear on our EB II map. Then again, neither does India, only Punjab (modern Pakistan).

marian arquebusier submod when

Since when did this become the horrible suggestions thread?!

Indeed!

Call me a horrible purist, but I don't like anachronism in my history. Much like I hate "genre-mashing" in my fiction.

Hey, leave us to our thread hijacking!