Page 228 of 231 FirstFirst ... 128 178 203 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 4611

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

  1. #4541

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    The Ethiopian cavalry armor is probably quilted cotton or bronze scales(attested in reliefs/nubian carvings depicting gods and kings AFAIK).


    The closest guy on the right, look what he is wearing. Doesnt look like quilted cotton or bronze scales.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

    Rad, 2016.

  2. #4542

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I am excited for all the new units!

    Best part of the mod for me has been by far, how detailed the units are, instead of "generic spearmen" i actually learn who these people were a little. With all the province descriptions to make it ICING on the cake. Truly wish we had some more "hunting" / levy or peasant units. The Lusotan, and aurenoi, i love how their "peasants" are just lower classed men living regular lives. I LOVE seeing this. i hope we can get something like this for ever faction (which to be fair there already is)
    Every roster has levy units, though sometimes the levy isn't very varied (like the steppe levies, who are mostly just foot archers, with the occasional spearman unit). Celtic, Hellenistic, Anatolian/Eastern, Germanic, Iberian, African rosters all have a varied range of lower-tier units.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  3. #4543

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    New units look wonderful! Not really the regions I play the most but I still appreciate the work done!

    One thing I would like to ask if this is still a thing? Its been shared on twitter a long time ago. Was this abandoned or still being worked on? Any details you could share?
    https://twitter.com/EBTeam/status/814112576091095040
    I believe current Carthage government already represents them nicely but any additionnal work would still be cool.

  4. #4544

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    New units look wonderful! Not really the regions I play the most but I still appreciate the work done!

    One thing I would like to ask if this is still a thing? Its been shared on twitter a long time ago. Was this abandoned or still being worked on? Any details you could share?
    https://twitter.com/EBTeam/status/814112576091095040
    I believe current Carthage government already represents them nicely but any additionnal work would still be cool.
    Yes, that will come eventually, but not in 2.35. Post-reform governments aren't going to change, but the pre-reform ones, and colonies will.

    The Leusitane governments will be rewritten as well, but all of that is contingent upon getting Trarco's time to write it all up.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


  5. #4545

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengazub View Post
    One thing I would like to ask if this is still a thing? Its been shared on twitter a long time ago. Was this abandoned or still being worked on? Any details you could share?
    https://twitter.com/EBTeam/status/814112576091095040
    I believe current Carthage government already represents them nicely but any additionnal work would still be cool.
    I am still working on this, the revamped Carthage will have about a chain with 7 governments, a chain of 7 main colonies, a chain of ·"secondary 8-9 colonies" and another chain similar to the current Hellenic city-state but this time adapted to the Punic city-states. The historical descriptions are almost written but we have to implement the game mechanics yet. Additionally, there are a lot of events planned for Carthage based on her interaction with her own maritime epikrateia, with Rome and also with the Iberian and Numidian peoples. The family tree will be changed too, and both Hannonids and Barcids will be more important during the campaign. There is much work to do!

  6. #4546

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    I am still working on this, the revamped Carthage will have about a chain with 7 governments, a chain of 7 main colonies, a chain of ·"secondary 8-9 colonies" and another chain similar to the current Hellenic city-state but this time adapted to the Punic city-states. The historical descriptions are almost written but we have to implement the game mechanics yet. Additionally, there are a lot of events planned for Carthage based on her interaction with her own maritime epikrateia, with Rome and also with the Iberian and Numidian peoples. The family tree will be changed too, and both Hannonids and Barcids will be more important during the campaign. There is much work to do!
    Awww yiss!
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

    Rad, 2016.

  7. #4547

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    That is very ambitious! Will the team consider to take priority for Sveboz, Lugians and Lusitane after the 2.35? Those factions were forgoten for some years now if I recall..

  8. #4548

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Nice idea. Lugians barely exist as a faction. Some regional rosters have more kick to them. Probably one of my least favorite factions, but it is in the game - lets make the best of it.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

    Rad, 2016.

  9. #4549

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by bordinis View Post
    That is very ambitious! Will the team consider to take priority for Sveboz, Lugians and Lusitane after the 2.35? Those factions were forgoten for some years now if I recall..
    Lusitanians are also in our plans. Two different types of "colonist" points, revamped governments based on confederations and the development of a petty kingdom as well as "colonies" based on migrations and raids are some of the future Lusitanian features. There is also a new system of traits and ancillaries planned for them in order to represent the pastoral-warrior societies of the area and some of their customs like aristocratic marriages, mercenarism, diplomatic presents, devoted warriors, etc. As always, the problem is the free time.
    Last edited by Trarco; June 14, 2018 at 05:50 PM.

  10. #4550
    Lusitanio's Avatar Libertus
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    50

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Trarco View Post
    I am still working on this, the revamped Carthage will have about a chain with 7 governments, a chain of 7 main colonies, a chain of ·"secondary 8-9 colonies" and another chain similar to the current Hellenic city-state but this time adapted to the Punic city-states. The historical descriptions are almost written but we have to implement the game mechanics yet. Additionally, there are a lot of events planned for Carthage based on her interaction with her own maritime epikrateia, with Rome and also with the Iberian and Numidian peoples. The family tree will be changed too, and both Hannonids and Barcids will be more important during the campaign. There is much work to do!
    Will this be featured on time in 2.35? Because I have to decide if I keep playing my current campaigns on 2.3 or not x)

  11. #4551

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Any evidence for the wide use of croco skin armor especially on a non noble unit ?

  12. #4552

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Any evidence for the wide use of croco skin armor especially on a non noble unit ?
    Actually, these guys weren't supposed to have this armor type, I've just found out by asking... They are supposed to be nomads rather than nobles. An error on our part--I also have to change the unit cards now.

  13. #4553

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Actually, these guys weren't supposed to have this armor type, I've just found out by asking... They are supposed to be nomads rather than nobles. An error on our part--I also have to change the unit cards now.
    I thank you for your answer. I also thank you for being able to recognize a mistake and plan to correct it.
    It's a good change from Quintus Sertorius usual arrogant tone and general refusal of any discussion.
    Last edited by Neuchatel; June 15, 2018 at 12:52 PM.

  14. #4554

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Actually, these guys weren't supposed to have this armor type, I've just found out by asking... They are supposed to be nomads rather than nobles. An error on our part--I also have to change the unit cards now.
    So, are they getting a revamp or something?

    P.S. Someone please point me towards reading material regarding ancient era Ethiopian weapons and armor. Everything shown looks fascinating. Huge spear heads, double bitted axes, crocodile armor...
    Last edited by Rad; June 15, 2018 at 01:49 PM.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

    Rad, 2016.

  15. #4555

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Will this be featured on time in 2.35? Because I have to decide if I keep playing my current campaigns on 2.3 or not x)
    No, it won't be added in 2.35 but in later versions.

  16. #4556

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Neuchatel View Post
    I thank you for your answer. I also thank you for being able to recognize a mistake and plan to correct it.
    It's a good change from Quintus Sertorius usual arrogant tone and general refusal of any discussion.

    Regardless of the merit of your point, i presume you're aware how, and i think this is forum rules, "confrontational" you're being with your choice of words to someone that has probably spent more time creating this mod than pretty much anyone on here has spent playing it?

    I've no interest in killing discussion, but hell, if i modded for the public i wouldnt bother if this is what i got for it.

    I know the team as a whole hasn't had a wholly harmonious few months, but you're calling out someone who has 200 times the posts you have. think about that. for every character you have on here, they have a post. I've contributed almost nothing to this community, I may have views, but I dont get to call out people who are DEEPLY invested in this project, thats for the people IN the project.

    If I'm being honest, I think your first line is fair comment, proper member of the community stuff, the second is a dig at someone who, for better or worse, has actually done way way more than either of us to make this thing happen.

    I personally dont think your second line is okay. you're calling out someone thats probably spent (tens of) thousands of hours on this project. you think thats okay?

    I'm not convinced. I hope you are.

    I dont particularly want to call you out personally, but I think its important that I as a 'randomer' make clear i respect the effort put in by any and all team members. I'm thankful that anyone bothers to do things like this. It's not people like me that make these things happen. even if they're wrong they actually do stuff, lots of it. they give time, energy, skill, effort. most of us are keyboard warriors at best. we profit from them. IMHO, until you make the jump from consuming this content to producing it, people need to remember who produces this stuff. It aint me, it aint you. you may have a point, hell you may be spot. but, if thats what you think, you can go do it yourself if you want. I'm told the M2 modding guides are pretty comprehensive.

    I'm not saying don't talk, don't critique, but seriously, behave.

  17. #4557

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunydii View Post

    [...]

    I'm not saying don't talk, don't critique, but seriously, behave.
    This.
    I wish certain people here would not just read but actually understand how very valid this point is.

    I wonder if these certain people realize how tiresome it is to answer politely to the same kind of ridiculous demands and accusations for years and years and years.

    Recommendation: go ahead, people, dig these forums, read every single post in the main forum. Just the last 2 years should suffice.
    I am not sure if it's 1,000 or 10,000 polite answers you'll find - answers to oh-so-polite questions and demands like

    "this (unit, feature) is wrong, change it!" (without any evidence)
    "hell, when are you finally ready to release version xy?!"
    "Heck, faction z has to be in, if you don't add it, this is a lame mod!"
    "Lorica Segmentata!"
    "This unit looks lame, change it!"

    These five topics alone make up for 100+ threads here.
    And each and every of these threads has a predecessor (or better: a dozen predecessors) in the EB 1 fora (here and at the .org), has been discussed ad nauseam. I remember Foot and Oudysseos and Kull and Gustave and Alin and a lot of other members answering all these questions, demands, complaints, accusations (and sometimes even threats) over and over and over again.

    And then, in 2018, after 13 years of voluntary development of EB x (thirteen years!) other guys pop up in the fora, don't bother to read but ask the same kind of questions and make the same kind of demands yet again - and in a rather demanding, arrogant, snarky and confrontational tone even, get a couple perhaps not-so-very-polite answers ... and start to complain about that.

    It would be funny if it wasn't that depressing.

  18. #4558

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    These five topics alone make up for 100+ threads here.
    And each and every of these threads has a predecessor (or better: a dozen predecessors) in the EB 1 fora (here and at the .org), has been discussed ad nauseam. I remember Foot and Oudysseos and Kull and Gustave and Alin and a lot of other members answering all these questions, demands, complaints, accusations (and sometimes even threats) over and over and over again.

    And then, in 2018, after 13 years of voluntary development of EB x (thirteen years!) other guys pop up in the fora, don't bother to read but ask the same kind of questions and make the same kind of demands yet again - and in a rather demanding, arrogant, snarky and confrontational tone even, get a couple perhaps not-so-very-polite answers ... and start to complain about that.
    Well, honestly it is a feedback mechanism where the politeness is decreasing the longer the discussion grows. Don't forget there is some issues here to debate about very complex stuffs. There is a language barrier, there is a source barrier and there is a transparency barrier for peoples that come here to argue. I remember a discussion when I was very young where I tried to argue about the nonexistence of round shields in La Tène warfare culture and where I wasn't able to make any points because all my sources where in French and I wasn't very skilled in English. I did some mistakes by sometime being unpolite, but it was most often unintentional. Although, the discussion heated up and clearly everybody got mad and pissed off from this. And it still something I haven't forgotten.

    Moreover, I want to highlight something maybe hard for you to understand and to hear it. But you have kinda a responsibility for being a minimum accurate in your representation of less-known cultures. You don't even imagine how many peoples have taken inspiration from the first europa barbarorum. And you don't imagine the work it is to undone the things that were done in the past. For my case, it was to point out the mistakes on celtic units and celtic names. From Mount&Blade to 0 A.D., a lot of peoples thought it was a very historical representation and started to take inspiration for their work. Don't forget that sometimes you are the firsts to create a visual and enjoyable summary of very less-known cultures in a international language on a very popular support. Since you are labeling your work as historical accurate, you must assume it.

    Edit: I don't think any members of the team has quit because of arguing on the public forum.
    Last edited by Genava; June 16, 2018 at 08:03 AM.

  19. #4559

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    Well, honestly it is a feedback mechanism where the politeness is decreasing the longer the discussion grows. Don't forget there is some issues here to debate about very complex stuffs. There is a language barrier, there is a source barrier and there is a transparency barrier for peoples that come here to argue. I remember a discussion when I was very young where I tried to argue about the nonexistence of round shields in La Tène warfare culture and where I wasn't able to make any points because all my sources where in French and I wasn't very skilled in English. I did some mistakes by sometime being unpolite, but it was most often unintentional. Although, the discussion heated up and clearly everybody got mad and pissed off from this. And it still something I haven't forgotten.

    Moreover, I want to highlight something maybe hard for you to understand and to hear it. But you have kinda a responsibility for being a minimum accurate in your representation of less-known cultures. You don't even imagine how many peoples have taken inspiration from the first europa barbarorum. And you don't imagine the work it is to undone the things that were done in the past. For my case, it was to point out the mistakes on celtic units and celtic names. From Mount&Blade to 0 A.D., a lot of peoples thought it was a very historical representation and started to take inspiration for their work. Don't forget that sometimes you are the firsts to create a visual and enjoyable summary of very less-known cultures in a international language on a very popular support. Since you are labeling your work as historical accurate, you must assume it.

    Edit: I don't think any members of the team has quit because of arguing on the public forum.
    Nicely said.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

    Rad, 2016.

  20. #4560

    Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    You don't even imagine how many peoples have taken inspiration from the first europa barbarorum.
    Knowing how much fantasy crap there was from certain contributors to EB1, that thought fills me with horror.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •