Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    No it hasn't stopped. Just because you can't see one narrow subset of the outputs we choose to share, doesn't mean nothing is happening.
    I was talking about new units.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuchatel View Post
    I was talking about new units.
    Units are being worked on. We don't preview works in progress, only the finished, integrated, end product.

OK guys, I need my fix. I'm sure you have something stored away.

No updates for a while. Is the mod dying ?

Summer etc.
    изишо је тад домаћин тмури
    и сву штенад потрпо у џак.

No, it's summer and most of the modellers are enjoying the season.

We're still at work, I'm looking at mechanics to make the Seleukids a more varied experience. Just scripted some random nomadic raids into two areas, there's some other things we're discussing.

Something that we can't really preview, but should be mentioned, is that Kull has done a lot of work on the audio elements - mostly making sure things that are already in place actually work. Many units now have vocalisations where they didn't before, along with other responses.

Thats great!

I'd be happy if the non-Latin units stopped speaking (cursing, actually) in Latin lol

Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    I'd be happy if the non-Latin units stopped speaking (cursing, actually) in Latin lol
    That should all be gone. Everyone now curses in the proper language. All 8 of the proper languages, that is.

As an aside, here's something that seems odd, and is most apparent in custom battles but sometimes happens in the campaign. The general unit (which is the first one you select from the custom battle screen) uses the native language of the UNIT, not the faction. So if you see that sort of thing in v2.3, it's not a bug.
    Last edited by Kull; July 09, 2017 at 12:01 PM.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    As an aside, here's something that seems odd, and is most apparent in custom battles but sometimes happens in the campaign. The general unit (which is the first one you select from the custom battle screen) uses the native language of the UNIT, not the faction. So if you see that sort of thing in v2.3, it's not a bug.
    I've had that happen for all units not just the general. When I was playing as the Boii and recruited Etruscans and Leves from Northern Italy, they had the Roman shouts both on battlefield and the stratmap. Or are you saying that's fixed now except for the general's unit?
    Last edited by BHL 20; July 09, 2017 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    I've had that happen for all units not just the general. When I was playing as the Boii and recruited Etruscans and Leves from Northern Italy, they had the Roman shouts both on battlefield and the stratmap. Or are you saying that's fixed now except for the general's unit?
    I should have explained better. What you describe has not changed - set up any large mixed army in custom battles and as you click each one they will use the unit accent as assigned in EDU (just realize the implementation in 2.2 is less than optimal). Anyway, I was talking about the ARMY voice, which is that of the general unit, not the faction. Let's say you play a custom battle as Ptolemaioi but your General unit (the first one clicked) is Punic. If you group the army and start giving it formation commands, those will be in Punic, even though it's a Greek army. Sort of makes sense, but it seems weird the first time you experience it.
    EBII Council

That should all be gone. Everyone now curses in the proper language. All 8 of the proper languages, that is.

That's great news, Kull! Have you removed the English voices that some units had as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Paltmull View Post
    That's great news, Kull! Have you removed the English voices that some units had as well?
    All are gone!
    EBII Council

All are gone!
    Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Something that we can't really preview, but should be mentioned, is that Kull has done a lot of work on the audio elements - mostly making sure things that are already in place actually work. Many units now have vocalisations where they didn't before, along with other responses.
    This is GREAT. One of the highlights of the mod is hearing all the units speak in their native languages, and the ones that were silent though they had voices in EB1 were noticeable.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

It seems a new gang has come in to take all the glory!

I really enjoy seeing those things! Keep up the great work!

Wow, that's a lot of updates! Thanks for pointing it out alex33!

Morrowgan's Avatar Centenarius

Massive update
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project