Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    Still not see any news in Twitter……
    Commios isn't back yet, no one else has the social media login details.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Can't you guys just outsource everything to Russian bots to do all the heavy lifting around here, including texture skinning, scripting and coding, and Twitter/Facebook updates?

Seriously, though, you guys have made a fine mod, one of the best ever made for M2TW or any Total War game for that matter. You deserve a break and a rest, but we await eagerly for that next update, and that sweet, sweet eye-candy of new units. Personally, I'd like to see a brand new model for Rome's Praetorian guard, or more eastern/steppe cataphract units.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Can't you guys just outsource everything to Russian bots to do all the heavy lifting around here, including texture skinning, scripting and coding, and Twitter/Facebook updates?

Seriously, though, you guys have made a fine mod, one of the best ever made for M2TW or any Total War game for that matter. You deserve a break and a rest, but we await eagerly for that next update, and that sweet, sweet eye-candy of new units. Personally, I'd like to see a brand new model for Rome's Praetorian guard, or more eastern/steppe cataphract units.
    Haha,I agree with you, and I hear that 2.3a patch solved many bugs.

New unit on the feeds, more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    So cool and beautiful units!We can't wait for 2.3a patch update!

Do the Pontic Hoplites replace the regular ones locally, or are they complementary and different in stats somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by athanaric View Post
    Do the Pontic Hoplites replace the regular ones locally, or are they complementary and different in stats somehow?
    They appear as an elite in places that Hoplites are rare amongst the native population (because there isn't a big enough critical mass of Greeks). That being Histrie, Olbia and Khersonesos.

Are these Pontic Hoplites the same stats as Hoplitai or slightly weaker than them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics Mayers View Post
    Are these Pontic Hoplites the same stats as Hoplitai or slightly weaker than them?
    Better, they're an elite unit. Places that don't have the Greek manpower to field a large number of regular Hoplitai, instead field a smaller force of better-equipped and better-drilled mixed-blooded Hellenes and mercenaries.

They do look very badass and better armored than regular Hoplitai, good job!

I am excited to see these hoplites! I love how different Pontic is compared to so many other factions. Steppe horse archers, Greek Line infantry,Galatian Shock/assualt troops, Persian cavalry. Seems like if they had the proper army organization they may have very well had an army that could be similar to the romans in versatility. They are like pontics version of those awesome indo greek units!

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I am excited to see these hoplites! I love how different Pontic is compared to so many other factions. Steppe horse archers, Greek Line infantry,Galatian Shock/assualt troops, Persian cavalry. Seems like if they had the proper army organization they may have very well had an army that could be similar to the romans in versatility. They are like pontics version of those awesome indo greek units!
    Uhm, despite their name, they aren't immediately available to Pontos; they're from the northwestern coast of the Black Sea (Pontos Euxeinos; hence their name).
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Yeah, they're a Black Sea regional unit, not a factional unit for Pontos.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Two new units... nice work people.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

More still to come...

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Great previews, the Pontic Hoplitai are beautiful and what I needed in my game.

These pontic hoplites look stunning but daring! Great job,once again.

EBII team keeps on setting upper higher standards, how can that be?!?! Looking forward to new units and 2.3a!

By the way, which graphical enhancement (e.g. GEMFX,ENB) does the team use for previewing units? It looks very tight. Thanks and cheers!

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

So many new ancillaries... nice work people! Again.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

i have a new circular faction symbol for germania:

watch out for those germs, wash your hands

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'm really digging those new Hellenistic ancillaries and avatar pics that have been totally unused since they were created in 2006, as you explain in the Twitter feed.

EB II has a truly awesome variety of ancillaries. There are even Han Chinese ones for the Saka faction, a Han-dynasty silk trader and the explorer Zhang Qian. Is the Han-dynasty silk trader ancillary available to the Taksashila, Greco-Bactrian, and Parthian factions, though? Historically that would have been the case, since the Han Chinese at least operated the silk trade as far as India via overland routes and occasionally interacted with the Parthian Empire (there are several recorded embassies). By the end of the 1st century BC they were also exchanging goods and diplomatic missions with the same nomadic Yuezhi who had recently overrun the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom. I don't think the Chinese started sailing into the Indian Ocean until about the 6th century, though, just before the Sui and Tang dynasties. However, the ancient Romans setting sail from Roman Egypt had a trading network spanning from India, to Sri Lanka, to Burma, to Malaysia, Thailand, and even Vietnam. In the 2nd century AD Ptolemy described trade and Greco-Roman sailors reaching the Gulf of Thailand and South China Sea, whereas Cosmas Indicopleustes, an Eastern Roman trader turned monk, wrote a chronicle in the 6th century that mentioned the clove trade going directly from southern China to Sri Lanka. Although Chinese silk traveling overland was handled by Sogdian intermediaries by the 4th century AD, the Chinese insisted that Roman diplomats (most likely merchants looking for silk and spice trading opportunities) had arrived by way of Vietnam the 2nd century AD, during the reign of Emperor Huan of Han (and his distant contemporary Marcus Aurelius; Roman medallions bearing his name and portrait have been unearthed in Oc Eo, Vietnam).

In the EB II time frame the Ptolemaic Greeks were already sailing from the Red Sea to India, to engage in both the silk and spice trades, a trade legacy passed on to the Romans and Greeks of Roman Egypt. Perhaps this incredibly important Indian Ocean trade could be reflected with some new ancillaries for characters stationed in cities of Egypt?