Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenikon View Post
    Well units like mistophoroi phalangitai could easily be removed and in their place use deuteroi or normal phalangitai, similar to how there is no specific cretan mercenaries but they just use the cretan aor units. There are also other units that are pretty much the same up to description, like east/west iranian archer-spearmen, elite east/west celtic cavalry, kurepos and batoroi have a merc only version of the west celtic unit? i'm not sure. My point is that there are several units that could be removed if it was needed to make room for new ones.
    The merc Phalangitai are a specific unit, not just regular Phalangitai or Deuteroi, that's why they merit a separate slot. Not the same as the regional units, they are a pattern common across a wide area, because men transferring loyalties, and nations treating trained pikemen as a valuable resource was a thing. All the remaining mercenary units are there for a reason, representing specific archetypes that aren't just the regional sorts gone for hiring. The Celtic ones will become dedicated units eventually, just like the two Greek ones.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    The new units look badass, battles around Europe will be a lot more diverse in the next version!
    Regarding Iberian units, is any Iberian elite/heavy cavalry still to come? are Hannibal's famed Iberian horseman represented by any of the already existing units or by one still to come?
    You'd have to ask Trarco what he has up his sleeve, but I don't think there is any native heavy cavalry from Iberia planned.

New feature on the feeds - we now have a lot of historical battles, which form a "campaign" you can play.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    New feature on the feeds - we now have a lot of historical battles, which form a "campaign" you can play.
    Wow, this is getting better and better. Can't wait for 2.3!

Quote Originally Posted by Chikiflin View Post
    Wow, this is getting better and better. Can't wait for 2.3!
    No no ,2.35。

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    How do you find the AI behavour? I've tried the EBI historical battles (or was it RTR...) and it was such a let down: you've got the historical arrangement and the AI in the first second flee away or gets with his general into a charge in the pikes, or attack in a very unhistorical way...

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    How do you find the AI behavour? I've tried the EBI historical battles (or was it RTR...) and it was such a let down: you've got the historical arrangement and the AI in the first second flee away or gets with his general into a charge in the pikes, or attack in a very unhistorical way...
    Historical battles can have their own BAI - they don't use the campaign's BAI at all. These are designed to start with little room for the AI to try to flee or start circling around in "matching" behaviour, but later on we may get to writing customised BAI for each.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

I have been enjoying playing as Pontus, really hard campaign, rebels everywhere and a unit roster that is basically a Jack-of-all-trades.

I have one question though :

Is the new bodyguard coming in 2.4?

and how will it be different from the current one apart from the textures? (I expect them to have barded horse, cheires, linothoraxes, cuirasses, a diverse range of helmets from Persian to Greek ones, colourful clothes, greaves, pteruges, maces, swords and of course the good o'l kontos.)
    Last edited by NapoleonMaster; December 09, 2018 at 12:47 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

We had a discussion recently about how the game has no new Greek units and won't have a new one until the introduction of a unit that shall not be named. However, I completely forgot that within the last year EBII introduced the Bosporitai hoplitai! Yippee! That's good enough for me! Plus some of the nomadic steppe units have some cool Hellenistic-influenced gear, so that makes me content enough and one happy adult boy.

For that matter, what are your favorite units among the roster of new units introduced since the last update?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    For that matter, what are your favorite units among the roster of new units introduced since the last update?
    Helvetii phalanx, Galathraikioi, Bosphoran heavy hoplites and swordsmen, Alpine swordsmen (minus the model with the crappy mail shoulder guards), the new version of the hoplites (gorgeous!), Noricum swordsmen.

I'd mention cavalry units as well, but the shield clipping issue is just killing me.

Skaplinai. So far, only these, Galathraikoi and Zibutai appeared in my campaign, but Skaplinai definitely made most impact.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

The Bosporan Hoplites, Skaplinai, both Cisalpine Gaulish Units, Bosporan Logades, Colchian Hoplites and all of the new Sauromatae except the Roxolani who I want to like, but that one studded vest model stands out badly. I also like that you more or less have a specific Celtic mercenary unit for most regions with some of the new units and with the Onoreides specifically for the Bosporan region, though they look quite modest in contrast to some of the more flashy Celtic units.

OMG!!! The new Hellenistic Greek temple! In the...Punic city model? I think it's in the Punic town/city model, given the Carthaginian/West Asian style buildings and walls around it. I love the brightly colored and painted relief/frieze on the pediment of the temple, by the way, showing warriors fighting in Greek-style armaments.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    OMG!!! The new Hellenistic Greek temple! In the...Punic city model? I think it's in the Punic town/city model, given the Carthaginian/West Asian style buildings and walls around it. I love the brightly colored and painted relief/frieze on the pediment of the temple, by the way, showing warriors fighting in Greek-style armaments.
    It shows the trojan war. Inspired by Aphaia temple

Quote Originally Posted by AriovistusSuebus View Post
    It shows the trojan war. Inspired by Aphaia temple
    That is so awesome! The Temple of Aphaia and its friezes were Archaic in style, so perhaps they should be Hellenistic instead? In either case it is a reminder that the Carthaginians, not just the Romans and Etruscans, borrowed and utilized contemporary Greek art and architectural traditions (in addition to their native Semitic West Asian Phoenician ones).

It's a shame that it's not in the current build for the game, v. 2.35!

Genava's Avatar Senator

Why I hate the British liberal policy about the archeological materials:
    https://lapada.org/art-and-antiques/...ior-statuette/
    LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

Quote Originally Posted by Genava View Post
    Why I hate the British liberal policy about the archeological materials:
    https://lapada.org/art-and-antiques/...ior-statuette/
    Last part of that site: "This is an extremely rare and important statuette which has been preserved in excellent condition."

Yes, and it should be on a MUSEUM and not to be sold!
    Last edited by Lusitanio; January 02, 2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Last part of that site: "This is an extremely rare and important statuette which has been preserved in excellent condition."

Yes, and it should be on a MUSEUM and not to be sold!
    Exactly. Indiana Jones agrees.