Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Marvzilla View Post
    Yeah but it would be more helpful if you compile these things and report them, as I just did.
    Boy... I do. I do.

There's been a lot of awesome looking units being posted on the EB Twitter over the past 2 months. Figured I'd give it a shoutout here so all of you guys check it out.

Good Thing, Harmon, thank you. Now please return to the ethnicity-descriptions. We all crave dat Flavor.

Small update about new unit i'm working on. Hope you like it

Give it!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I'm a simple man. I see a Nazgool post, and I give +1 rep right away.

Excellent work there. Now hand it over, peacefully, quietly, and nobody on the EBII team has to get hurt. I want that unit. And I want it NOW!

Thx for kind words!
    I can post here more helmets i made so far for this unit. One helemet in early version was presented on twitter, second is new here
    BTW. These are renders of high polygon models whitout texture.

Hm...the helmet looks high class, Roman or Italic...though I am far from certain.

My guess, an Italic AoR noble cavalry, some kind of cavalry complement to Tvrm Pes Rasna?

Genava's Avatar Senator

Turm Pes Raetas (Raetic Infantry)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I found super cool the idea to include alpine regional units. The idea of the Rhaetian language is questionable, but why not.

The most famous axe found, interpreted by some as a battle-axe, is from the tomb 32 of Giubiasco in Ticino (Switzerland, Italian speaking region), territory of the Lepontii. This is clearly a burial from the 1st century BC. Even if the whole necropolis of Giubiasco is problematic with mixed material from early to very late La Tène, bad 19th century archeology, bad preservation, misconception (even a funny bucket interpreted as a helmet lol) etc. etc.

See these pages for more information:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepontii
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lepontic_language
    https://blog.nationalmuseum.ch/en/20...n-switzerland/

The other place with an of axe interpreted as battle-axe is Slovenia. Probably in the Ljubljanica riverbed between Vrhnika and Ljubljana, or in the Posočje region. I cannot find the original publication, I have only evasive text references.

Finally the region with a 5th/4th century BC "battle-axe" truly related to the Rhaetians (Fritzens-Sanzeno-Kultur): Wenns in the Austrian Tyrol.

LOTR mod for Shogun 2 Total War (Campaign and Battles!)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIywmAgUxQU

I'm angry, because I can't rep Nazgool again, not yet at least.

Domaje's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by EB Twitter
    nazgools extraordinary work on a new unit continues! - The EB Scribus
    Great work indeed, but didn't you mean extraordinarii ?

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    Great work indeed, but didn't you mean extraordinarii ?
    Nazgool strikes again! Excellent. No! Incredibilis.

The Ilergetan or Ilergetes infantry and cavalry have a nice look about them, their color scheme and visuals kind of vaguely reminding me of Jurassic Park stuff or even baddies that you have to kill in Donkey Kong Country for Super Nintendo.

https://i.imgur.com/G6lOCMM.jpg

New and still hot renders from the East Inner Forge
    Next on the anvil will be very nice example of triple-disc cuirass.
    Happy Easter.

Damn that looks great!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Campidoctor

Seeing renders like these (gorgeous as ever, btw) always makes me think: If I had a 3D printer, and knew how to do stuff, I'd make myself figurines of all my favorite EB2 units. Hell, maybe even mini representations of whole armies, wargaming style.

Alternatively, if EB2 had a patreon or whatever, where such figurines were part of incentive packages, I'd be a supporter instantly (though let's be honest, probably would be without that anyway for all the joy I've gotten from this mod).

Unnecessary Disclaimer: This is not a suggestion or endorsement of implementation of a donation model. Just thoughts coming to mind and leaving through hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Seeing renders like these (gorgeous as ever, btw) always makes me think: If I had a 3D printer, and knew how to do stuff, I'd make myself figurines of all my favorite EB2 units. Hell, maybe even mini representations of whole armies, wargaming style.
    I'm not familiar with video-game modelling software, but if the EB modellers can export the models as .STL files, I believe that's all you need to load them into a 3D printer.

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Kwebib View Post
    I'm not familiar with video-game modelling software, but if the EB modellers can export the models as .STL files, I believe that's all you need to load them into a 3D printer.
    Yep. I confirm it, I used this format for printing archaeological items in 3D. This is the most used format: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STL_(file_format)

BTW this is a great idea.
    Last edited by Genava; April 17, 2019 at 02:15 PM.

While I certainly like the look of the new Iltiŕtkesken (Ilergete Infantry) you have on the Twitter feed, I'm going to be honest, I like the originals, especially the shield patterns/colors, a whole lot more. Is there some way to retain the originals after an EBII version update to 2.4? Can we just have two different Ilergetan infantry units, one spearman, another a swordsman unit to have both styles? Can we at least retain the look of the original Ilergetes with Ilergetan cavalry?

Also, I had to give Nazgool and obligatory +1 rep again for all his hard work. Keep it coming!

Genava's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    While I certainly like the look of the new Iltiŕtkesken (Ilergete Infantry) you have on the Twitter feed, I'm going to be honest, I like the originals, especially the shield patterns/colors, a whole lot more. Is there some way to retain the originals after an EBII version update to 2.4? Can we just have two different Ilergetan infantry units, one spearman, another a swordsman unit to have both styles? Can we at least retain the look of the original Ilergetes with Ilergetan cavalry?

Also, I had to give Nazgool and obligatory +1 rep again for all his hard work. Keep it coming!
    You mean this one?

Or this one: