Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

No, they're not done yet.

Any more Marian units planned (any release, not just this one)? I am stunned at the quality of the units, I want more.
    Also, the Marian Equites are auxila, replacing Eb1s 4 Marian cavalry units?
    P.S. An ingame screen or two of the Thorakitai would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Any more Marian units planned (any release, not just this one)? I am stunned at the quality of the units, I want more.
    Also, the Marian Equites are auxila, replacing Eb1s 4 Marian cavalry units?
    P.S. An ingame screen or two of the Thorakitai would be awesome
    There's the "levy legionary" mentioned upthread (no mail, thureos instead of scutum - basically cobbled-together equipment). There will be more cavalry - the unit in the autumn release is representative of Gallic/Iberian provincial auxiliaries. I don't know that there'll be four, though.

Levy legionary? Sounds like civil war material to me
    More cavalry is good.
    While youre here, please answer me this. From what sources do you base the leather armour thats been popping up recently? I am not for it, but neither am I particulary against it. If there are sources I could see, Id be at peace.

Cohors Sociorum is the levy unit? I thought it was a polybian unit. Does it still exist post reform?

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Cohors Sociorum is the levy unit? I thought it was a polybian unit. Does it still exist post reform?
    No. Cohors Sociorum is the Polybian allied unit. They don't exist post-Polybian-reform.

The levy legionary is an un-made Marian unit.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

I'm not really well informed on Marian legions. Does only the Prima Cohors Reformata carry the Aquila or am i wrong? If not, what do normal Cohors Reformata carry as standard?

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's the "levy legionary" mentioned upthread (no mail, thureos instead of scutum - basically cobbled-together equipment). There will be more cavalry - the unit in the autumn release is representative of Gallic/Iberian provincial auxiliaries. I don't know that there'll be four, though.
    I am just curious why thureos instead of scutum? Was scutum that much more expensive thatn thureos? I thought that most expensive part of the legionary equipment beside the armour was his sword, which leads me to the question what kind of swords will they have? Or will they have spears instead?

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    I am just curious why thureos instead of scutum? Was scutum that much more expensive thatn thureos? I thought that most expensive part of the legionary equipment beside the armour was his sword, which leads me to the question what kind of swords will they have? Or will they have spears instead?
    The scutum is bigger and requires a more specific method of manufacture. By contrast the thureos was, by this period, everywhere. It was a ubiquitous and easily-acquired kind of shield, everyone was using it. I'm guessing (and this is pure conjecture, mind) that they'll have regular javelins, rather than pila, and a motley assortment of swords, not necessarily all gladii.

Naked dudes incoming!

Naked dudes incoming!
    Just dudes? Man, what a pity...

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Naked dudes incoming!
    Naked... lies, they are wearing shoes and helmets.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Apollodotos I Soter View Post
    Naked... lies, they are wearing shoes and helmets.
    So, in other words, if you're a woman or a gay man into foot fetishes or a good head of hair, this particular unit is nothing but a giant tease and disappointment.

Who are the new naked dudes and what makes them different? Please be serious xD

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Who are the new naked dudes and what makes them different? Please be serious xD
    From a few months ago:

Naked spearmen are now called Uextias, an eastern Celtic unit which is on the list. Not sure if they'll make the autumn release, though they are quite simple to do.
    In contrast to EB I the Gaesatae are now spearmen as well though, so the difference between the two units (Quintus is referring to EB I's Urodusios above) may not be all that big. I'm guessing the Uextias are supposed to be the "eastern celt version" of the Gaisatoi, but I don't know what the difference between the two units would be.

As a question for the team: will there eventually be separate 'eastern celt' (which I'm guessing refers to the Boii) and 'western celt' (gallic?) unit pools? I believe the Aedui and Arverni can atm recruit Londo Epatoi, whom the unit card calls 'east celt light cavalry' (IIRC).
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Check out the Facebook album until the preview is ready with more pictures of the marian units:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1510415&type=3

Woah, can you tell us more about those "winter textures" on those soldiers? That seems...interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohors_Evocata View Post
    From a few months ago:

In contrast to EB I the Gaesatae are now spearmen as well though, so the difference between the two units (Quintus is referring to EB I's Urodusios above) may not be all that big. I'm guessing the Uextias are supposed to be the "eastern celt version" of the Gaisatoi, but I don't know what the difference between the two units would be.

As a question for the team: will there eventually be separate 'eastern celt' (which I'm guessing refers to the Boii) and 'western celt' (gallic?) unit pools? I believe the Aedui and Arverni can atm recruit Londo Epatoi, whom the unit card calls 'east celt light cavalry' (IIRC).
    They're actually swordsmen, equivalent of Gallic Batoroi for the east - I was wrong in my earlier assumption. They don't frighten nearby infantry or anything, though, unlike the Gaisatoi.

For those units that already exist that are distinct, there are separate western/eastern pools. The eastern units being Boii Donno Eporedoi, Londo Epatoi, Kombarogoues, Garkokladoi and Uextias. It's clear everywhere you can recruit Celts.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; December 15, 2015 at 04:29 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Check out the Facebook album until the preview is ready with more pictures of the marian units:
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1510415&type=3
    That was awesome. I didn't think to check Facebook at all for EB updates!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by romanius24 View Post
    Woah, can you tell us more about those "winter textures" on those soldiers? That seems...interesting.
    During winter seasons the units will use those winter textures, they add extra clothing for cold conditions such as Bracae.