Page 78 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2853686970717273747576777879808182838485868788103128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 5343

Thread: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

Default Re: EB-Twitter updates Discussion

There's a new video out, featuring the new vegetation in a forest battle with Aedui vs. Sweboz. Here's the tweet.

clone's Avatar Primicerius

in the video i was disapointed with javelins german units. when the camera focused to them they couldnt fire their javelins because they fell upon enemy units
    When a nation forgets her skill in war, when her religion becomes a mockery, when the whole nation becomes a nation of money-grabbers, then the wild tribes, the barbarians drive in... Who will our invaders be? From whence will they come?”
    Robert E. Howard

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by clone View Post
    in the video i was disapointed with javelins german units. when the camera focused to them they couldnt fire their javelins because they fell upon enemy units
    Throwing distances have not been tweaked according to the new animations.

Wow is Rome 3 almost out already ?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Throwing distances have not been tweaked according to the new animations.
    I am still afraid that 80% of the units will crash into allied or adversarial units before they can throw their javelins. I would prefer upspeeded vanilla-animations.

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    I am still afraid that 80% of the units will crash into allied or adversarial units before they can throw their javelins. I would prefer upspeeded vanilla-animations.
    We'll see what feedback you'll, the fans, give us after the release, our aim is to inovate not to stagnate.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

We'll see what feedback you'll, the fans, give us after the release, our aim is to inovate not to stagnate.
    Ah, i just read your comment on Youtube which explains that this animation is only for infantry which throws its javelins before charging. Can't wait to test it out in the Beta!

New videos are good, but I have one criticism of them: you can't see much of what's going on. There's too much zipping about doing this and that, and not enough time spent just looking at what's going on from one perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    New videos are good, but I have one criticism of them: you can't see much of what's going on. There's too much zipping about doing this and that, and not enough time spent just looking at what's going on from one perspective.
    It's more of a let's play series rather than preprocessed cutscenes or scripted battles where you see only the best parts of it.
    I personally want to show what the game will actually feel, that's why it's so chaotic as I do have to control my units or lose.

So what you see is what you'll get.

I just want it to be august already... cannot even look at Rome 2, all the previews look amazing, great work & thank you!

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Again, this new vegetation is fantastic. Bravo to the people who did those tree models. Love the birch !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

LOL @ the "special" vegetation Pls let it make it into the mod!

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    LOL @ the "special" vegetation Pls let it make it into the mod!
    It'll be in the mod, it was used by Scythians, both to make clothing, and as a means of intoxication. Herodotos also mentions it being used by the Thracians for making clothes.

It'll be in the mod, it was used by Scythians, both to make clothing, and as a means of intoxication. Herodotos also mentions it being used by the Thracians for making clothes.
    Will the Scythians be able to build coffee shops that give a bonus to public order via happiness (and perhaps with a malus to trade)?

I've just seen the vegetation in the latest update. I have one question: how are we supposed to concentrate on fighting battles when we'll be too busy admiring the views?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I've just seen the vegetation in the latest update. I have one question: how are we supposed to concentrate on fighting battles when we'll be too busy admiring the views?
    These are the sorts of problems we want you to have!
    EBII Council

After seeing the video's I wonder why EB2 does not use the no-sprites LOD tweak by default? Makes the game look so much better while flying over the battlefield? Maybe as an option during installation?

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    After seeing the video's I wonder why EB2 does not use the no-sprites LOD tweak by default? Makes the game look so much better while flying over the battlefield? Maybe as an option during installation?
    Because we don't have any LODs set, thus it would heavily affect performance.
    Last edited by alin; August 01, 2014 at 04:56 AM.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Amazing job, love the vegetation and everything other I have seen in the last series of updates