View Poll Results: Shall Giovi become a Citizen?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 50.00%
  • No

3 30.00%
  • Abstain

2 20.00%

Thread: [PASSED 04/16/09] [Citizen] Giovi (patron: y2day)

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default [PASSED 04/16/09] [Citizen] Giovi (patron: y2day)

Well, i want to become citzen beacuse i think i can contribute to this great comunity even more and i want to be more involved . I am a 2d artist and i have joined in several project : DM:RTJ http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=216076
    some of my work

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

some loading screens

and recently in East of Rome http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=755

and i am also a skinner for this great italian mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142678
    just one example of my work in that mod

Btw i also am a loyal fan and contributor of picture of the week and graphic workshop

my galleries

PW http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=177684&page=12 (15 pages u can see my improvement)

GW http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=207679
    In Gw i have recently won the medal
    maybe some of my best works

wide pics

and

I have also recently started 2 aars

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4456141#post4456141

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=222590

I am very enthusiastic of this comunity and i always try to comments and help other people as much as i can for the future i will try to improve my modding skill.
    A tut i have made

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220231

Sicerely Giovi

Giovi is a constant positive presence here at TWC for over a year and a half. He has never missed a Graphic Contest and has helped promote that forum since its creation. Since last November Giovi has contributed beautiful loading screens and banners for 8 or 9 factions for Road To Jerusalem. Recently he contacted me interested to learn to skin. I don't think it will be long before we see more great modding work contributed from him. Soon he will start work on unit info cards and more 2-d work, in another 6 months or so i would propose him for Artifex, but i think he deserves the rank of Citizen now. Recently he won the Bronze medal for his accumilative graphic competition wins. He truly is a nice guy and would be a great addition to the Curia. I also see Content Staff in his future.

y

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Default Re: [Citizen] Giovi (patron: y2day)

I'm not sure Giovi is eligible. One of the mods can check this.

Assuming he is, I'm unsure. I know him fairly well, have exchanged a few PMs over time. His attitude seems positive. He enters the PoTW and GC regularly, and his skills in the latter are most definately improving. He's one of it's key characters to tell the truth. That said, wasn't he involved in a cheating incident at the PoTW? Have no idea on his modding work.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado † View Post
    That said, wasn't he involved in a cheating incident at the PoTW?
    Yes.

Giovi currently has no warnings or notes. He has been registered for over a year and has well over the required post count. Therefore he is eligible, and since he has not been proposed in the last month, he is immediately eligible.

Considering it is y2day who is proposing him for his modding contributions to Dominatio Mundi, that is to be considered as evidence of his work on the modification. His 2D Art is of high caliber, and though it is more an aesthetic portion of modding, it is very much necessary to maintain immersion, coming from someone who gets thrown through a loop every time a vanilla load screen bridges the gap between our beautiful menu and campaign AI.

His graphics contributions are solid in other endeavors, as he surely is a key contributor to the popularity of the PotW and GC. His overall attitude is also positive.

If it weren't for the cheating incident, this would be a clear yes from me. Due to that, I will have to take a look at his attitude since that time. If we can have statistics to show he hasn't cheated since then(though he may be banned from potw), and has never cheated in the GC, that would be beneficial. Additionally, if he was apologetic, that would be nice to know as well.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

He's failed the vote at least once before.

Not sure yet.

From my understanding he apologized and the ban on the forum was lifted. I think his constant participation in competitions, good attitude and modding contributions should close the deal for him.
    Last edited by y2day; April 07, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

I asked Giovi about the incident and here was his reply.

I got the medal for the pw contest but i have taken the competition in a wrong way and i have used the alt account of my brother for me..I was a stupid but i have taken my responsibility( 1 moth band and the medal was retired) and i have apologized...Bward can confirm this and he has allowed me to post in galleria section...Well, we all make errors and i would have won in any way withouth this stupid metod too but now i am a better person and u can belive or not but i am really happy about it beacuse i am a less egoistic person now..I really feel bad for this situation and the only thing that i can do is apologize and keep contributing to the section as i have done.(cry is useless)
    I really feel bad for it and i want to forget i was really stupid
    Hope u can understand me... the only way to apologize for me is keep contributing for me respecting the rules....

Yeah. His modding contributions seem sound. That incident was a one off (and his reaction was far better than that other cheater in the community competitions around the same time), he's positive and a key player in the GC and PoTW, I'm sure y2day would agree it would be sad to see somebody like Giovi leave the Graphics Workshop. He'd probably be on art staff (along with some others) if we had more work. I will always envy his picture editing, and his other graphics have improved rapidly. His English is a bit lacking, but matters little in this case.

Yes.

I vote yes, great artist and good member.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Considering that my concerns about the cheating incident have been relatively assuaged, I will be voting yes on this, for reasons stated above.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

I don't really have much time to provide adequeate reasoning right now, but I find his contributions a bit lacking. No.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin

I only lifted the ban to the Galleria and not to the actual competitions since he apologized and seemed remorseful and I didn't want to take away the main part of the forum that he visited but did feel that he would have to be punished. Originally, I was going to throw the book at him, but decided against actually requesting a warning to be given and left that up to the discretion of the moderating staff. I like Giovi a lot, but I haven't reached my decision as of yet. The cheating wasn't even necessary. I do like the fact that he supports the community competitions, but I'm going to have to think on it.

I can't honestly vote yes right now. Sorry. I love his attitude and I really appreciate how apologetic he was with the whole cheating ordeal with the PoTW incident. I do appreciate his enthusiasm in the community competitions, but that isn't going to be enough for me as far as citizenship. His rewards come in the form of the PoTW medal and the GC medal. As y2day stated, he wants to learn how to skin and in 6 months he would have proposed him for the Artifex rank. If that was the case now, he'd have more meat for me and I'd definitely say yes. I want to make him a Citizen, but I don't see anything solid in the form of contribution. Are loading screens for an unreleased mod and a graphic tutorial enough? But I will abstain, as I think I am still bias due to my connection with the PoTW competition.

Abstain from B. Ward

Well he has done banners for 10 factions for RTJ. I know he has done a faction or 2 for EOR, 20 or so loading screens and that is about the extent of his modding contributions so far. His positive attitude and commitment to the Graphic Workshop and eagerness to help is why I patronized him. I think his character as a person is what makes him a good canidate for citizenship, and someone I think would represent this site very well.

Soulghast's Avatar RAWR!

Passed.
    Ex-Curator
    Under the Patronage of Perikles
    Patron of Desperado † and Astaroth

R.I.P Calvin