Thread: [ETW AAR] A little story.

Default [ETW AAR] A little story.

1762, a turbulent year.

Early in the year in Britain, an Irish lad started a business to produce beer, and named his company after his name - Guinness. The brand was so attractive, that when some Irish immigrants left Ireland for America bringing the beer with them, the whole American population fell in love with it and forgot about independence.

There was no exception to the colonials in Boston. Abraham Lincoln, who was so depressed because the 13 states simply surrendered to Britain when the British managed to capture New France, stumbled upon a bar in the city and decided to get drunk because he had nothing else to do. From then on, he was never to be found again.

Gaining this new patch of land, Great Britain decided to put those resources into researching new naval technologies, hoping to gain an upper hand against its rivals in Europe. Unfortunately, the effort was of no availil. The good news is, Russia, GB's old ally, had made a significant technological advance which no one else could: Submerged ships. They immediately gained this technology by trading with them, in exchange, GB gave Russia some papers describing how good it is to stop slave trade.

Waiting can never be tolerated. GB was so eager to test the new tech. that they equipped a frigate called HMS Submarine on that very same day they acquired the tech. And so the ship set-sail from some secret naval base in the caribbean and started the experiment. The ship's lower deck was first found to suddenly flood in a violent storm even there are no holes in the ship's hull. Seeing this and thought something couldve gone wrong, the captain tried to stop the experiment, but a really strange thing happened: all the crew memebers on the ship cannot move, speak, or even think. For half a minute they just freezed and panic spreads. Fortunately everything soon becomes normal, but the crew found themselves submerged, travelled thru. the Earth's crust and core, and emerged on...the Indian sea.

The crew members landed near a small town in India, and decided to bomb the townhall to rubble with artillery because the locals seems to be very unhappy about them. BOOM...Another strange thing happened: they encountered a demon. Angry because the townhall is destoryed, an indian militia glows in a fire and annihilated all the Europeans, only a few horsemen belonging to the artillery crew, were reported alive because they escaped as soon as the fighting gets to hand-to-hand.

During that romantic period, as the prime minister of the Great British Empire which the sun never sets, used to say, 'Even the "devil may cry" over this pathetic and ridiculous world', so in 2009, a guy called riceless decided to play the game 'devil may cry' rather than 'empire total war'

as soon as i read that 'Guinness' event in my GB campaign, which has nth to do with game play, i decided to write this, including some of the bugs, graphical glitches that made the game boring and unenjoyable. But hopefully u could enjoy this writing, even if u find it stupid.

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: [ETW AAR] A little story.

So... what, you didn't like the Guiness event?

i mean, the 'event feed' thing is actually a nice feature for the game so ppl get immersed into the history. but i think it can be better than just giving information that has no direct relations to gameplay: clicking that 'news' icon after a turn what i expect to read is something related to gameplay like who's allying/going to war with who, which's the richest nation, who has the largest armies, which country is going to have revolutions and whats the result of a recent foreign battle...

i rmb that there's a feature in previous TW games where u can read data off a chart, but now its gone, which is sad. Even providing information on some historical battles will be better than telling the player when Guinness started their business. did CA get any money from them for advertising it?

Jynx's Avatar Decanus

Yeah! good point! BRING BACK THE TIMELINE
    80 years is simply not enough to enjoy all of the fun in the world, and out of it...